Promethean AI

wouldnt the AIs of the Prometheans that were once human still retain their sense of self or not? if not, then why not exactly

> 2533274859484857;1:
> wouldnt the AIs of the Prometheans that were once human still retain their sense of self or not? if not, then why not exactly

Guilty Spark’s memory was wiped when he was assigned to Installation 04, removing his sense of being Chakas. I would assume that the Didact did the same to everyone he conscripted into the Promethean ranks.

> 2533274883501878;2:
> > 2533274859484857;1:
> > wouldnt the AIs of the Prometheans that were once human still retain their sense of self or not? if not, then why not exactly
>
> Guilty Spark’s memory was wiped when he was assigned to Installation 04, removing his sense of being Chakas. I would assume that the Didact did the same to everyone he conscripted into the Promethean ranks.

Chakas was returned when 343 GS was destroyed in h3.

> 2533274830587831;3:
> > 2533274883501878;2:
> > > 2533274859484857;1:
> > > wouldnt the AIs of the Prometheans that were once human still retain their sense of self or not? if not, then why not exactly
> >
> > Guilty Spark’s memory was wiped when he was assigned to Installation 04, removing his sense of being Chakas. I would assume that the Didact did the same to everyone he conscripted into the Promethean ranks.
>
> Chakas was returned when 343 GS was destroyed in h3.

returned to where?

> 2533274859484857;4:
> > 2533274830587831;3:
> > > 2533274883501878;2:
> > > > 2533274859484857;1:
> > > > wouldnt the AIs of the Prometheans that were once human still retain their sense of self or not? if not, then why not exactly
> > >
> > > Guilty Spark’s memory was wiped when he was assigned to Installation 04, removing his sense of being Chakas. I would assume that the Didact did the same to everyone he conscripted into the Promethean ranks.
> >
> > Chakas was returned when 343 GS was destroyed in h3.
>
> returned to where?

Chakas’s memories from when he was human were suppressed, not deleted, so perhaps the term “wipe” wasn’t the best word choice. After Guilty Spark is critically damaged by Master Chief with the Spartan Laser at the end of Halo 3, the mental blocks put in place by the Forerunners broke, and he remembered everything. So in a way, you could say Chakas returned to existence. This does mean that it could be theoretically possible to return the minds of the Prometheans to those of the people they once were.

> 2533274883501878;5:
> > 2533274859484857;4:
> > > 2533274830587831;3:
> > > > 2533274883501878;2:
> > > > > 2533274859484857;1:
> > > > > wouldnt the AIs of the Prometheans that were once human still retain their sense of self or not? if not, then why not exactly
> > > >
> > > > Guilty Spark’s memory was wiped when he was assigned to Installation 04, removing his sense of being Chakas. I would assume that the Didact did the same to everyone he conscripted into the Promethean ranks.
> > >
> > > Chakas was returned when 343 GS was destroyed in h3.
> >
> > returned to where?
>
> Chakas’s memories from when he was human were suppressed, not deleted, so perhaps the term “wipe” wasn’t the best word choice. After Guilty Spark is critically damaged by Master Chief with the Spartan Laser at the end of Halo 3, the mental blocks put in place by the Forerunners broke, and he remembered everything. So in a way, you could say Chakas returned to existence. This does mean that it could be theoretically possible to return the minds of the Prometheans to those of the people they once were.

i thought he was completely destroyed, where is he now?

> 2533274859484857;6:
> > 2533274883501878;5:
> > > 2533274859484857;4:
> > > > 2533274830587831;3:
> > > > > 2533274883501878;2:
> > > > > > 2533274859484857;1:
> > > > > > wouldnt the AIs of the Prometheans that were once human still retain their sense of self or not? if not, then why not exactly
> > > > >
> > > > > Guilty Spark’s memory was wiped when he was assigned to Installation 04, removing his sense of being Chakas. I would assume that the Didact did the same to everyone he conscripted into the Promethean ranks.
> > > >
> > > > Chakas was returned when 343 GS was destroyed in h3.
> > >
> > > returned to where?
> >
> > Chakas’s memories from when he was human were suppressed, not deleted, so perhaps the term “wipe” wasn’t the best word choice. After Guilty Spark is critically damaged by Master Chief with the Spartan Laser at the end of Halo 3, the mental blocks put in place by the Forerunners broke, and he remembered everything. So in a way, you could say Chakas returned to existence. This does mean that it could be theoretically possible to return the minds of the Prometheans to those of the people they once were.
>
> i thought he was completely destroyed, where is he now?

The last we saw him, he’d downloaded himself into the ship computer (purging the shipboard AI in the process), and then changed the ship’s internal pressure to knock out the entire crew, and then took off to find the Librarian, because he believed that he knew where to find her. Neither Chakas/Spark or the ship has been seen since.

> 2533274883501878;7:
> > 2533274859484857;6:
> > > 2533274883501878;5:
> > > > 2533274859484857;4:
> > > > > 2533274830587831;3:
> > > > > > 2533274883501878;2:
> > > > > > > 2533274859484857;1:
> > > > > > > wouldnt the AIs of the Prometheans that were once human still retain their sense of self or not? if not, then why not exactly
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Guilty Spark’s memory was wiped when he was assigned to Installation 04, removing his sense of being Chakas. I would assume that the Didact did the same to everyone he conscripted into the Promethean ranks.
> > > > >
> > > > > Chakas was returned when 343 GS was destroyed in h3.
> > > >
> > > > returned to where?
> > >
> > > Chakas’s memories from when he was human were suppressed, not deleted, so perhaps the term “wipe” wasn’t the best word choice. After Guilty Spark is critically damaged by Master Chief with the Spartan Laser at the end of Halo 3, the mental blocks put in place by the Forerunners broke, and he remembered everything. So in a way, you could say Chakas returned to existence. This does mean that it could be theoretically possible to return the minds of the Prometheans to those of the people they once were.
> >
> > i thought he was completely destroyed, where is he now?
>
> The last we saw him, he’d downloaded himself into the ship computer (purging the shipboard AI in the process), and then changed the ship’s internal pressure to knock out the entire crew, and then took off to find the Librarian, because he believed that he knew where to find her. Neither Chakas/Spark or the ship has been seen since.

hes aboard the unsc rubicon looking for the librarian likely hopefully chant to green and hopefully this corelates with Bastion which would explain where the remaining forerunners went as well as the dissapearence of the huragok. Im pretty sure Chakas dosent have any memory of himself as 343

No.
If they would keep some of their sense of their self and their memoys,theres a chance they could rebel.

> 2533274859484857;1:
> wouldnt the AIs of the Prometheans that were once human still retain their sense of self or not? if not, then why not exactly

Its really unclear. In Tales from Slipspace the Warden Eternal mentions that the composed are trapped within the Domain in, essentially digital hell where they suffer in eternal agony. There is also a scene in Escalation where Chief enters the composers abyss and the dead “spirits” are reaching out for him like the underworld from Greek legend.

But then you have the Warden and GS where they retain their sanity and sense of self. GS even eventually remembers he was chakas.

So my take from this is that composing essentially is a technological way of creating an afterlife. However, that creates a barrier between the living and the dead. So those who exist in “hell” are least able to exist fully in the real world and retain their sense of self. So a Promethean is just a shell into which you draw an essence from the afterlife, but you only take its most primal and core instincts for combat; but the higher functions are still trapped in the Domain/Abyss in agony. Think of a knight like a small cup into which you can only pour so much of what made that person human, but something like a monitor can sustain the whole essence. Basically, most organics can’t survive being safely composed, or the Didact was a monster and did this as a form of punishment. I mean there has to be some “cost” to death and I think losing some of what makes you human is par the course for this sort of thing.

> 2533274803587475;10:
> > 2533274859484857;1:
> > wouldnt the AIs of the Prometheans that were once human still retain their sense of self or not? if not, then why not exactly
>
> Its really unclear. In Tales from Slipspace the Warden Eternal mentions that the composed are trapped within the Domain in, essentially digital hell where they suffer in eternal agony. There is also a scene in Escalation where Chief enters the composers abyss and the dead “spirits” are reaching out for him like the underworld from Greek legend.
>
> But then you have the Warden and GS where they retain their sanity and sense of self. GS even eventually remembers he was chakas.
>
> So my take from this is that composing essentially is a technological way of creating an afterlife. However, that creates a barrier between the living and the dead. So those who exist in “hell” are least able to exist fully in the real world and retain their sense of self. So a Promethean is just a shell into which you draw an essence from the afterlife, but you only take its most primal and core instincts for combat; but the higher functions are still trapped in the Domain/Abyss in agony. Think of a knight like a small cup into which you can only pour so much of what made that person human, but something like a monitor can sustain the whole essence. Basically, most organics can’t survive being safely composed, or the Didact was a monster and did this as a form of punishment. I mean there has to be some “cost” to death and I think losing some of what makes you human is par the course for this sort of thing.

im pretty sure the warden wasnt a composed ai but was originally created as an ai

> 2533274859484857;11:
> > 2533274803587475;10:
> > > 2533274859484857;1:
> > > wouldnt the AIs of the Prometheans that were once human still retain their sense of self or not? if not, then why not exactly
>
> im pretty sure the warden wasnt a composed ai but was originally created as an ai

Why would the Monitors be composed essences but the Warden wouldn’t? I assumed that in Halo you can only create a sentient AI by scanning a person as a blueprint; otherwise you just get a robot. How it works for humans so it seems reasonable that its the same for Forerunners since they do have technology to “digitize” people into AI and have done that on the Monitors. I had this similar debate about Mendicant Bias. I mean in Tales from Slipspace he does refer to the composed as if they are different to him. But then Exuberant in Halo 5 says “oh, Wardens not a robot. I thought you understood that”. Surely that suggests he is a composed essence? If he was an entirely artificial mind then describing him as a robot is pretty accurate.

> 2533274803587475;12:
> > 2533274859484857;11:
> > > 2533274803587475;10:
> > > > 2533274859484857;1:
> > > > wouldnt the AIs of the Prometheans that were once human still retain their sense of self or not? if not, then why not exactly
> >
> > im pretty sure the warden wasnt a composed ai but was originally created as an ai
>
> Why would the Monitors be composed essences but the Warden wouldn’t? I assumed that in Halo you can only create a sentient AI by scanning a person as a blueprint; otherwise you just get a robot. How it works for humans so it seems reasonable that its the same for Forerunners since they do have technology to “digitize” people into AI and have done that on the Monitors. I had this similar debate about Mendicant Bias. I mean in Tales from Slipspace he does refer to the composed as if they are different to him. But then Exuberant in Halo 5 says “oh, Wardens not a robot. I thought you understood that”. Surely that suggests he is a composed essence? If he was an entirely artificial mind then describing him as a robot is pretty accurate.

i looked at his bio on one of the halo websites and it just lists him as a forunner ai, not a promethean ai so at the time i didnt think he was composed into an ai and thought he counted as a non promethean forunner but this other website lists him differently. also, the promethean knights are the only mechanical promethean who use to be a biological lifeforms. Crawlers, soldiers, and watchers have ais that started out as ais

> 2533274859484857;13:
> > 2533274803587475;12:
> > > 2533274859484857;11:
> > > > 2533274803587475;10:
> > > > > 2533274859484857;1:
> > > > > wouldnt the AIs of the Prometheans that were once human still retain their sense of self or not? if not, then why not exactly
> > >
> > > im pretty sure the warden wasnt a composed ai but was originally created as an ai
>
> i looked at his bio on one of the halo websites and it just lists him as a forunner ai, not a promethean ai so at the time i didnt think he was composed into an ai and thoughht he counted as anon promethean forunner.

The Monitors bio profiles on this site are also referred to as Forerunner AI Constructs. So if the Warden is referred to as an AI that doesn’t mean he isn’t a composed entity.

There’s no hard evidence suggesting that Warden Eternal (or Mendicant Bias) were created via Composer like installation Monitors. What it comes down to is the Warden’s age. Composer technology was created in the time just before the Human-Forerunner War (which directly preceded the Forerunner-Flood War). The Forerunners had been using/worshiping the Domain and creating AI (like their personal suit AI) long before the Composers. It is therefore highly likely that they created the Warden to guard the Domain long before Composers had been created.

Memories still exist with a Promethean AI crafted from a composed human as evident by the AI attached to the “Didact’s Gift” showing images from New Phoenix.

> 2533274812652989;16:
> Memories still exist with a Promethean AI crafted from a composed human as evident by the AI attached to the “Didact’s Gift” showing images from New Phoenix.

i know, i heard of that and i have to play spartan ops again to see it

> 2533274817408735;15:
> There’s no hard evidence suggesting that Warden Eternal (or Mendicant Bias) were created via Composer like installation Monitors. What it comes down to is the Warden’s age. Composer technology was created in the time just before the Human-Forerunner War (which directly preceded the Forerunner-Flood War). The Forerunners had been using/worshiping the Domain and creating AI (like their personal suit AI) long before the Composers. It is therefore highly likely that they created the Warden to guard the Domain long before Composers had been created.

> 2533274817408735;15:
> There’s no hard evidence suggesting that Warden Eternal (or Mendicant Bias) were created via Composer like installation Monitors. What it comes down to is the Warden’s age. Composer technology was created in the time just before the Human-Forerunner War (which directly preceded the Forerunner-Flood War). The Forerunners had been using/worshiping the Domain and creating AI (like their personal suit AI) long before the Composers. It is therefore highly likely that they created the Warden to guard the Domain long before Composers had been created.

looking good buck