Projected April 2012 MM Wishlist Thread

With the March 2012 matchmaking update announced, let’s look ahead. What would you like to see in the next matchmaking update, assuming an April 2012 date?

> With the March 2012 matchmaking update announced, let’s look ahead. What would you like to see in the next matchmaking update, assuming an April 2012 date?

Rollback the March Matchmaking Update. That is all…

> Rollback the March Matchmaking Update. That is all…

I still want to see BTB Heavies, but I’ll give you that.

• DMRs removed
  • Jetpack is the one and only loadout
  • One melee = instant kill

Oh, and they should throw in a playlist called Grenade Slayer.

Grenade Slayer:

You have unlimited grenades, and armor lock. That’s all. Have fun guys! And let us hear about how awesome this playlist is on the Waypoint Forums!!!

(what the -Yoink-)

My update propositions

> - DMRs removed
> - Jetpack is the one and only loadout
> - One melee = instant kill
>
> Oh, and they should throw in a playlist called Grenade Slayer.
>
> Grenade Slayer:
>
> You have unlimited grenades, and armor lock. That’s all. Have fun guys! And let us hear about how awesome this playlist is on the Waypoint Forums!!!
>
> (what the Yoink!)

ROFL… Lol’ing so hard right now… Don’t forget 50% gravity…

Well let’s see. I’d like to see the addition of some code that will recognize if an allied player is standing on a Tank when it fires and recognize that it was note a betrayal, But a suicide and punish them accordingly. The same thing could be used for teammates dieing on the blades of a Falcon. If you stick your head into propellors, it should count as a suicide, same as hugging a Scorpion barrel.

I’d certainly like to see the functionality of Armor lock restored in Big Team Battle and BTB Heavies. Where it fulfills it’s purpose and has next to no effect of slowing down the gameplay.

Perhaps link the Banshee roll into the charge pool, to keep people from rolling all over the map.

On the tune of Armors, find a means to take the Backpacks and other parts that appeared only in Campaign and incorporate them into Matchmaking. Such as the Marine radio packs, ODST helmets, etc.

The sooner the better. There might soon be an episode of Law & Order SVU based off the March update, so if we want to help Reach recover we’re gonna have to make our voices heard early.

Go
-110% movement and 110% jump applied globally
-All variants of cage removed from all playlists
-MLG playlist updated to v7
-Squad slayer returns as it was, super slayer vanishes
-Team objective returns to 4v4
-Bleedthrough reinstated in the following playlists: The Arena, Team Doubles, Team Objective
-Those same playlists also receive zero bloom
-Jetpack removed from arena

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I guess I’d go with: Ctrl+Z previous update, convert Arena and MLG to Vanilla, and remove all AAs except AL and jetpack.

Oh wait, ‘want’? I thought you asked what I was expecting

343 continues to consider the people who have played and enjoyed Halo Reach for the past year and tailor their fixes accordingly. The other side didn’t display their maturity the last few days, which i see as a primary reason for this line of thinking.

So fixing the real issues, such as restoring the now unbalanced sandbox.
-Address the easily abused boot system when it comes to players standing on allied tanks just to get said player booted.
-Repairing Armor lock and Active Camo to their former functionality. Which functioned proper for a entire year without requiring much change, even from the Beta.
-Remove Armor lock from the smaller playlists and keeping it in larger gametypes.
-Address the Gauss Hog forgeworld glitches.
-Improve the matchmaking weighting systems, So parties are matched against parties and DLC owning players are matched with others who have the DLC. Put this across all Playlists.
-Restore bubble shield to more playlists, hardly see it anymore in BTB.

Keep up the good work, I was appalled at the changes put across in the February update, but the March has reaffirmed some of my Faith.

Ideally I’d like to see:

• Bleedthrough reinstated in all TU gametypes.
  • The following modifiers to be applied globally: 110% speed, 110% jump height, 150% player gravity, 110% damage resistance.
  • Tighter party restrictions (75% of a team to count as a large party) applied to all playlists that can support them.
  • Arena to be updated with the removal of Jetpack and Hologram (it’s pointless so may as well make it Sprint only).
  • Removal of all instanced of The Cage/Uncaged.
  • Reduced weighting on Hemorrhage.
  • Team Objective returned to 4v4.

But at a bare minimum I’d just be happy with Bleedthrough returning in some degree.

Halo 4 Beta
Return of Squad Slayer.

I loved Squad because if a 5th friend wanted to join, we could just say “ok, well. Let’s do Squad, then!”

TS and arena to get new maps.

> The sooner the better. There might soon be an episode of Law & Order SVU based off the March update, so if we want to help Reach recover we’re gonna have to make our voices heard early.
>
> Go
> -110% movement and 110% jump applied globally
> -All variants of cage removed from all playlists
> -MLG playlist updated to v7
> -Squad slayer returns as it was, super slayer vanishes
> -Team objective returns to 4v4
> -Bleedthrough reinstated in the following playlists: The Arena, Team Doubles, Team Objective
> -Those same playlists also receive zero bloom
> -Jetpack removed from arena

The reverse of all of these.

and a 4 player new firefight playlist with regular firefight.
keep the march update as it is. they are brilliant changes, and 343i knows it.

This is what I have in mind.

I have a feeling you might like it OP.

Hey guys, make sure to post your thoughts about the update here to keep the thoughts collected. I’m trying to get the master thread stickied to the matchmaking forum. I’ll include this thread in the master thread, here.

300% Bloom like they promised for April Fools.

-March update repealed.
-DMR starts for everything.
-110% movement speed for all playlists.

343i was taking Reach in the right direction until the March update.

> 300% Bloom like they promised for April Fools.

I really hope they don’t do that. That would be outrageous.

Anyway, here is my list:

• Update the MLG playlist to v7 (expected to happen).
  • Rotate Living Dead and Grifball as weekly playlists. Remove standard maps from Living Dead.
  • Add weekend playlists with special jackpot incentives. Suggestions could include Rocket (Hog) Race, FFA Snipers/SWAT, etc.
  • Improved Anniversary Classic settings: 110% movement, 125% jump, 200% gravity, 75% melee. Make the pistol the primary weapon and increase its ammo reserve to full.
  • Remove cooldown from objective carrying.
  • Reopen the Beta playlist, retest the TU with 85% bloom, bleedthrough, 110% damage resistance, 110% movement, 75% melee.
    ** Personally, I would simply apply this to the majority of matchmaking, rolling back the bleedthrough removal.
  • Replace Asylum and Pinnacle with Sanctum/MLG Sanctuary and Altitude.
  • Increase the voting for CTF in Team Objective. Enforce DMR starts.
  • Add DMR starts to Multi-Team.
  • Implement the Squad Slayer matchup system in all team playlists.
  • Rename Team Slayer to “Vanilla Slayer.”
  • Merge Super Slayer and The Arena, rename as “Team Slayer” with improved settings.
    ** Sprint only, DMR starts, 85% bloom, 75% melee, 110% damage resistance, 110% movement, bleedthrough.
    ** 4v4, more competitive maps.
  • An update to Invasion. More maps, reduce the local player count to one, give players at least two player choices to spawn on, etc.
  • Drop co-op campaign and Firefight Arcade, add a full Firefight playlist. Give players the opportunity to end a match at the end of a set.
  • Drop ZB Slayer.
  • Add rotating playlists by week featuring GoldPro: ZB FFA, ZB 2v2, ZB 4v4.
  • Halo 4 beta? Kinda out there, but something I’d like to see.
  • Add a rotating community slayer playlist, with rotating maps and varying player matchups (4v4 and 8v8)
  • Remove the pistol and grenades from all Team Snipers matches.
  • Modify the Juggernaut so he can use any weapon.
  • Apply a party restriction of one to Living Dead, Rumble Pit and Anniversary FFA.
  • Increase the weighting of Anniversary gametypes in Anniversary FFA. Apply DMR starts to non-Anniversary FFA gametypes. Remove Infection from Anniv. FFA.
  • Increase the Banshee cooldown for using the Fuel Rod Cannon and evasive maneuvers.
  • Enforce DMR starts in Squad DLC.

> > 300% Bloom like they promised for April Fools.
>
> I really hope they don’t do that. That would be outrageous.

343 said they’d make MLG 300% Bloom for April Fools. They should do it for every playlist for the day for the lulz.