Project Contingency coming to PC!

Microsoft can keep there halo games on the xbox one because we are getting a new halo game coming to PC only,and it’s going to be free,the developers that are making the game are actually halo fan’s,just like us and there are people around the world making this unique project and i trust them,and they are looking for talented people that can make a game.The game will start from scratch so they won’t be no rip off so they have to create their own files and models and also they announced they will be a single player and multiplayer,(still no news about forge and fire fight) and they are developing the game by using Cryengine 3 so they have all the time to make a great game

if you want to see the images and news here is the link

are you guy’s excited about the project? let me know

This isn’t the right place to talk about this. So your thread is likely to get locked. Just a word of warning.

Don’t you already have a thread about this as well?

I’ve seen this thread before somewhere… But not on Halo Xbox One- this topic would be better suited for Halo Universe or maybe General Discussion (But not if it’s a duplicate post)

Until it get C&Ded like the Halo RTS that was being made my fans.

> Until it get C&Ded like the Halo RTS that was being made my fans.

The fate of many fan-made projects that don’t get the Okay from the owners before starting on it. I’ve seen some fan-games of other franchises that have actually been finished and some even encouraged by the developers of the franchise, but it’s pretty rare - especially if they just start making it without asking them first.

> Until it get C&Ded like the Halo RTS that was being made my fans.

If I recall correctly, the developers of Contingency asked bs angel for clarification on whether or not their game wasn’t violating any IP issues. While I don’t remember the exact quote, she did state that they should be fine as long as they don’t use the domain name Halo in their title or make any money off it.

As long as Microsoft doesn’t make a sudden change of policy, I’m not expecting a Cease and Desist.

> > Until it get C&Ded like the Halo RTS that was being made my fans.
>
> The fate of many fan-made projects that don’t get the Okay from the owners before starting on it. I’ve seen some fan-games of other franchises that have actually been finished and some even encouraged by the developers of the franchise, but it’s pretty rare - especially if they just start making it without asking them first.

If they are making a single player mode then there will be problems as you are not allowed to create lore for the game, fan fiction is permitted but they can use your story and you can’t get a cent.

> > Until it get C&Ded like the Halo RTS that was being made my fans.
>
> If I recall correctly, the developers of Contingency asked bs angel for clarification on whether or not their game wasn’t violating any IP issues. While I don’t remember the exact quote, she did state that they should be fine as long as they don’t use the domain name Halo in their title or make any money off it.
>
> As long as Microsoft doesn’t make a sudden change of policy, I’m not expecting a Cease and Desist.

BS Angel is not the end all be all. No policies have to change. Microsoft merely has to say “Hey, we don’t like this.” And it will be killed off. Even if no policies change, Microsoft owns the IP and can end everything that sports the name Halo, or anything of relation.

> > > Until it get C&Ded like the Halo RTS that was being made my fans.
> >
> > The fate of many fan-made projects that don’t get the Okay from the owners before starting on it. I’ve seen some fan-games of other franchises that have actually been finished and some even encouraged by the developers of the franchise, but it’s pretty rare - especially if they just start making it without asking them first.
>
> If they are making a single player mode then there will be problems as you are not allowed to create lore for the game, fan fiction is permitted but they can use your story and you can’t get a cent.

Source? I’m pretty sure fan made campaigns are allowed as long as no money is being made. What about all those fan made campaigns for Custom Edition?

> > > > Until it get C&Ded like the Halo RTS that was being made my fans.
> > >
> > > The fate of many fan-made projects that don’t get the Okay from the owners before starting on it. I’ve seen some fan-games of other franchises that have actually been finished and some even encouraged by the developers of the franchise, but it’s pretty rare - especially if they just start making it without asking them first.
> >
> > If they are making a single player mode then there will be problems as you are not allowed to create lore for the game, fan fiction is permitted but they can use your story and you can’t get a cent.
>
> Source? I’m pretty sure fan made campaigns are allowed as long as no money is being made. What about all those fan made campaigns for Custom Edition?

I rechecked the the xbox policy, I misread my bad lol

I guess thats what happen when you read late at night

This is what it’s says

"What if I create something new in your universe?

Distribution of your Item in any form constitutes a grant by you of a royalty-free, non-exclusive, irrevocable, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide, license to Microsoft and any of Microsoft’s partners or users to use, modify and distribute that Item (and derivatives of that Item), and use your name if we choose to, for any purpose and without obligation to pay you anything, obtain your approval, or give you credit. And this license to Microsoft survives any termination or expiration of these Usage Rules. This means that if you add to the game universe or expand on the story told in the game with “lost chapters” or back story or anything like that, distribution of your story or idea may appear in a future game without any compensation to you. (Sorry, but our lawyers tell us we need to do this in order to avoid frivolous lawsuits getting in the way of making more great games.) It also means we can put your Item on a Microsoft site or property like Halo Waypoint if we want to."

This has bee in development for some time now. It’s proper name is halo venerance. Remember those fake halo 5 pictures? They came from this project. If Microsoft was going to shut it down, they would’ve already it’s been common knowledge for months now.

> This has bee in development for some time now. It’s proper name is halo venerance. Remember those fake halo 5 pictures? They came from this project. If Microsoft was going to shut it down, they would’ve already it’s been common knowledge for months now.

The Halo RTS was C&Ded over a year after it was announced.

> > > Until it get C&Ded like the Halo RTS that was being made my fans.
> >
> > The fate of many fan-made projects that don’t get the Okay from the owners before starting on it. I’ve seen some fan-games of other franchises that have actually been finished and some even encouraged by the developers of the franchise, but it’s pretty rare - especially if they just start making it without asking them first.
>
> If they are making a single player mode then there will be problems as you are not allowed to create lore for the game, fan fiction is permitted but they can use your story and you can’t get a cent.

What? Where did you get that idea? People make custom campaigns quite often in Halo Custom Edition. Ever hear of Project Lumoria? Or CMT? They make custom campaigns, among several others.

I don’t know from where you’re pulling your information, but it’s blatantly false. Plus, wouldn’t a fan-created campaign be considered as fan fiction? Nobody is claiming that it’s official lore…

EDIT : Whoops, looks like you already gave me the answer I wanted earlier in the thread, my apologies! I should really learn to read the whole thread before answering…

> > > > Until it get C&Ded like the Halo RTS that was being made my fans.
> > >
> > > The fate of many fan-made projects that don’t get the Okay from the owners before starting on it. I’ve seen some fan-games of other franchises that have actually been finished and some even encouraged by the developers of the franchise, but it’s pretty rare - especially if they just start making it without asking them first.
> >
> > If they are making a single player mode then there will be problems as you are not allowed to create lore for the game, fan fiction is permitted but they can use your story and you can’t get a cent.
>
> What? Where did you get that idea? People make custom campaigns quite often in Halo Custom Edition. Ever hear of Project Lumoria? Or CMT? They make custom campaigns, among several others.
>
> I don’t know from where you’re pulling your information, but it’s blatantly false. Plus, wouldn’t a fan-created campaign be considered as fan fiction? Nobody is claiming that it’s official lore…

Scroll up a little bit but I told the guy before that I Misread the Xbox rules and policies, I’m a bit tired and sometimes it happens and also never heard of halo custom edition.

Edit:

No need to apologise btw :slight_smile:

Wait, what? You have never heard of custom edition?! You sir need to look into it! Here is some of the best maps for your enjoyment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2y4-9kJ1vg

> Wait, what? You have never heard of custom edition?! You sir need to look into it! Here is some of the best maps for your enjoyment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2y4-9kJ1vg

I wasn’t much of a PC gamer back in the day but I did play a lot of strategy games on PC and I still do but yeah this is quite cool :slight_smile:

> > Wait, what? You have never heard of custom edition?! You sir need to look into it! Here is some of the best maps for your enjoyment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2y4-9kJ1vg
>
> I wasn’t much of a PC gamer back in the day but I did play a lot of strategy games on PC and I still do but yeah this is quite cool :slight_smile:

I feel you man PC gaming is an expensive hobby. I play custom edition on an old HP Pavilion laptop and it works fine too. So you could probably download it if you wanted to. I would recommend it!

> > > Wait, what? You have never heard of custom edition?! You sir need to look into it! Here is some of the best maps for your enjoyment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2y4-9kJ1vg
> >
> > I wasn’t much of a PC gamer back in the day but I did play a lot of strategy games on PC and I still do but yeah this is quite cool :slight_smile:
>
> I feel you man PC gaming is an expensive hobby. I play custom edition on an old HP Pavilion laptop and it works fine too. So you could probably download it if you wanted to. I would recommend it!

The only “expensive” part is the initial building of the PC. But that is only if you are trying to built something bleeding edge. If you just want to run games better than consoles you can do so for about the same price, maybe -slightly- more. But that is offset very quickly with how inexpensive and frequently on sale PC games are. Especially if you use Steam. It practically pays for itself in 4-5 months.

> > > Wait, what? You have never heard of custom edition?! You sir need to look into it! Here is some of the best maps for your enjoyment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2y4-9kJ1vg
> >
> > I wasn’t much of a PC gamer back in the day but I did play a lot of strategy games on PC and I still do but yeah this is quite cool :slight_smile:
>
> I feel you man PC gaming is an expensive hobby. I play custom edition on an old HP Pavilion laptop and it works fine too. So you could probably download it if you wanted to. I would recommend it!

I don’t think it will work on windows 8, I’m can’t get dawn of war 2 to work on windows 8 and I think it has something to do with games for windows live. I’ve got a decent PC now and I’m happy with it, it’s not a high end PC or anything but it’s provides a good enough experience for my strategy games :slight_smile: