Project BackBurn A Fan Made Halo Game.

Introduction:
Project BackBurn is a PC-exclusive Halo game being developed by a small, talented group of fans. Our goal is to return Halo to it’s core, arena-based multiplayer, finding the perfect balance between Halo: CE, 2 and 3 but will have features from other games like reach, ODST, 4 and 5, What is Project BackBurn?
Project BackBurn is a PC-exclusive Halo game that will be 100% free-to-play. Our goal is to deliver a classic Halo-experience on the PC platform that will be accessible to as many people as possible. The game is extremely early in development, so there aren’t many details I can share with you. But you can expect me to update you along the way. A public beta is planned for the future. Date undetermined. Truthfully, this game is made FOR the fans. Our 5 man team is extremely talented and dedicated, and are making this game with a unified love of Halo.

QnA Time.
Q. will this game be free?

A. Were not legally allowed to make profit off this game. but why would we charge for something that we love so much?

Q. Will it have a campaign?

A. Initially no. But were planning to add a campaign sometime later, or we might not. That’s just how theses fan projects go.

Q. Will Project BackBurn have Bungie Era art style.

A. Yes.

Q. Will this game have sprint?

A. Yes but not in official playlist but it is something you can enable in custom games.

YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQQMI3TxxY1Wb_T4AACHZLQ

Halo © Microsoft Corporation. Project BackBurn is created under Microsoft’s Game Content Usage Rules using assets based on the Halo universe and is not
endorsed by or affiliated with Microsoft.

Interesting.

So… This is interesting… But there is absolutely no useful information here. Is there a link to a site with constant updates, or will you be letting us know here?

I would suggest waiting to announce it until you have some stuff we can see, even small clips/images.

> 2533274821977927;3:
> So… This is interesting… But there is absolutely no useful information here. Is there a link to a site with constant updates, or will you be letting us know here?
>
> I would suggest waiting to announce it until you have some stuff we can see, even small clips/images.

Seems like an announcement, haven’t been able to find anything related to the OP’s project online anywhere.

> 2533274944941864;1:
> **Introduction:**Project BackBurn is a PC-exclusive Halo game being developed by a small, talented group of fans.
> ​

Not a lot of info for fan project, have you thought of setting up a site?, I recommend trying something like moddb or Indiedb to get attention for fan projects.

> 2533274829873463;4:
> > 2533274821977927;3:
> > So… This is interesting… But there is absolutely no useful information here. Is there a link to a site with constant updates, or will you be letting us know here?
> >
> > I would suggest waiting to announce it until you have some stuff we can see, even small clips/images.
>
> Seems like an announcement, haven’t been able to find anything related to the OP’s project online anywhere.
>
>
> > 2533274944941864;1:
> > **Introduction:**Project BackBurn is a PC-exclusive Halo game being developed by a small, talented group of fans.
> > ​
>
> Not a lot of info for fan project, have you thought of setting up a site?, I recommend trying something like moddb or Indiedb to get attention for fan projects.

we Are working on a site and a Announcement video on youtube.

> 2533274944941864;5:
> > 2533274829873463;4:
> > > 2533274821977927;3:
> > > So… This is interesting… But there is absolutely no useful information here. Is there a link to a site with constant updates, or will you be letting us know here?
> > >
> > > I would suggest waiting to announce it until you have some stuff we can see, even small clips/images.
> >
> > Seems like an announcement, haven’t been able to find anything related to the OP’s project online anywhere.
> >
> >
> > > 2533274944941864;1:
> > > **Introduction:**Project BackBurn is a PC-exclusive Halo game being developed by a small, talented group of fans.
> > > ​
> >
> > Not a lot of info for fan project, have you thought of setting up a site?, I recommend trying something like moddb or Indiedb to get attention for fan projects.
>
> we Are working on a site and a Announcement video on youtube.

This is definitely interesting to say the least!

Definitely interested, will there be playable elites?

> 2533274943678091;7:
> Definitely interested, will there be playable elites?

Yes we will be hosting a Live Q n A on youtube . you can check it out I will message everyone who has commented on this post the link.

Very interested, good luck in the creation!

> 2533274825216303;9:
> Very interested, good luck in the creation!

Thank you very much

> 2533274944941864;8:
> > 2533274943678091;7:
> > Definitely interested, will there be playable elites?
>
> Yes we will be hosting a Live Q n A on youtube . you can check it out I will message everyone who has commented on this post the link.

Nice that would be sick with playable Elites! Yes please send link will be good :smiley:

> 2533274841134225;11:
> > 2533274944941864;8:
> > > 2533274943678091;7:
> > > Definitely interested, will there be playable elites?
> >
> > Yes we will be hosting a Live Q n A on youtube . you can check it out I will message everyone who has commented on this post the link.
>
> Nice that would be sick with playable Elites! Yes please send link will be good :smiley:

Thanks the team is very passionate of this project.

> 2533274944941864;12:
> > 2533274841134225;11:
> > > 2533274944941864;8:
> > > > 2533274943678091;7:
> > > > Definitely interested, will there be playable elites?
> > >
> > > Yes we will be hosting a Live Q n A on youtube . you can check it out I will message everyone who has commented on this post the link.
> >
> > Nice that would be sick with playable Elites! Yes please send link will be good :smiley:
>
> Thanks the team is very passionate of this project.

Well if you ever need a hand ill be happy to help bro! It all sounds really good!

> 2533274841134225;13:
> > 2533274944941864;12:
> > > 2533274841134225;11:
> > > > 2533274944941864;8:
> > > > > 2533274943678091;7:
> > > > > Definitely interested, will there be playable elites?
> > > >
> > > > Yes we will be hosting a Live Q n A on youtube . you can check it out I will message everyone who has commented on this post the link.
> > >
> > > Nice that would be sick with playable Elites! Yes please send link will be good :smiley:
> >
> > Thanks the team is very passionate of this project.
>
> Well if you ever need a hand ill be happy to help bro! It all sounds really good!

do you program or make 3d models?

I used to do Blender quite a bit but i havent in so so long

This is exciting, extremely early in development? Has development started or is this still being conceptualized.

> 2533274832674094;16:
> This is exciting, extremely early in development? Has development started or is this still being conceptualized.

Were still in early development. But we might do a open alpha sometime next year it depends if the game is ready Were not going to give a broken first time experience. The date may change.

> 2533274944941864;17:
> > 2533274832674094;16:
> > This is exciting, extremely early in development? Has development started or is this still being conceptualized.
>
> Were still in early development. But we might do a open alpha sometime next year it depends if the game is ready Were not going to give a broken first time experience. The date may change.

From my own experience the best I can say is take your time. Love 3d modelling and making games but some can be pretty critical, harsh…though I hope people help give you constructive feedback. Also if you’re interested in promoting your game then I’d suggest looking into popular Youtubers like ‘The Act Man’, maybe Mythic Tryrant since there usually good for getting attention for fan game projects like SPV3, they’ve recently added themselves to the site I mentioned before Moddb, love posting my own content there too and so do others like the Black Mesa project…even though they have an official site too.

> 2533274829873463;18:
> > 2533274944941864;17:
> > > 2533274832674094;16:
> > > This is exciting, extremely early in development? Has development started or is this still being conceptualized.
> >
> > Were still in early development. But we might do a open alpha sometime next year it depends if the game is ready Were not going to give a broken first time experience. The date may change.
>
> From my own experience the best I can say is take your time. Love 3d modelling and making games but some can be pretty critical, harsh…though I hope people help give you constructive feedback. Also if you’re interested in promoting your game then I’d suggest looking into popular Youtubers like ‘The Act Man’, maybe Mythic Tryrant since there usually good for getting attention for fan game projects like SPV3, they’ve recently added themselves to the site I mentioned before Moddb, love posting my own content there too and so do others like the Black Mesa project…even though they have an official site too.

thanks I will check look into it. And yes taking our time is very important the game comes out when it’s ready.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

this is worthless there are many other games that can do your job better