Profantiy and bad sportsmanship

As many can identify with this happening to you, your team gets beat, it happens, its part of the game.But would should never be part of the game is using foul,abusive, obscene, or derogatory racial language in play or lobby. I think this and along with the tea bagging are a constant problem that holds back the game from a higher population of players. As a whole people dont wanna be cursed at or told to do this or that and told what(i think you know what i mean)to do. Players whom this happens to have a few options, report it and hope for the best or stop playing, after enough times what do you think people are gonna do?

I would advocate for a code of conduct form every player has to sign, and thus giving the ban hammer a little more teeth. Playing online is privilege not a right, just because you payed for Xbox live doesn’t ensure that you will be able to play. The best way i can think of it is, if you wouldn’t say or do it in front of your mother than its probably not ok to do it online either.

> Players whom this happens to have a few options, report it and hope for the best or stop playing, after enough times what do you think people are gonna do?

Enter a Party Chat.

I believe it is called freedom of speech and every game states “online play NOT rated” aka play at ur own risk.
Plus u just need to lighten up and just mute them IMF they bother you so much.

It’s why you have the mute button and party chat. This is online gaming, not everyone is this golden saint of morality who has a sophisticated vocabulary and sense of honor (lol honor in video games). The ESRB doesn’t rate online interactions after all, too many random variables to consider seeing how you are playing with players with different mindsets, playing styles etc. Online gaming has risks; if you are not willing to adapt to negative side of it, then perhaps you should stick to single player modes/games.

OP, chill out. Why you so surprised over this anyways? People on the internet can and will cuss/sing/yell and generally abuse players online. Sometimes i do it to bad randoms who call me and my friends bad for winning >.<.

If it REALLY bothers you, there’s an option to mute everyone that isn’t your friend on xbox live. It’s one of the blades, i forgot where but that will ensure that you hear nothing but silence from random players.

Just mute everyone who isn’t making a callout. That’s what I do, and half the time everyones already mute banned, in Party Chat or just doesn’t have a mic heh.

Your right, people are gonna be who they are i really shouldnt let it bother me how they choice to be.

> Your right, people are gonna be who they are i really shouldnt let it bother me how they choice to be.

Words. You are good at them.

There’s nothing really wrong with friendly insults to each other. But randoms aren’t your friends and you shouldn’t be insulting them so hard. It just makes you look insecure neeeding to scream at someone who’s not within striking distance to knock you down a peg.

> There’s nothing really wrong with friendly insults to each other. But randoms aren’t your friends and you shouldn’t be insulting them so hard. It just makes you look insecure neeeding to scream at someone who’s not within striking distance to knock you down a peg.

Dude making fun of randoms is the best, Dont know what you are talking about :smiley:

Welcome to real life.

RAMO

Report And Move On

Mic use is DEAD online anyway, heres what happened last time i plugged in my mic in matchmaking:

plug in

“Yo fear factur lol”

“its fatal factor”

“…oh hes from england dawg [im actually welsh], tea and crumpets mate? god save the queen what what hurrrr”

unplug mic

Unfortunately, this is what today’s youth have become… shittalkers and griefers who care nothing about the game and more about ruining things for others.

> Unfortunately, this is what today’s youth have become… shittalkers and griefers who care nothing about the game and more about ruining things for others.

Minus me…

> bad sportsmanship

> bad sportsmanship

> bad sportsmanship

> bad sportsmanship

Haha, oh wow.

>

Welcome to Waypoint =) and when you run into players like that, you may also mute them and with enough mutes I understand that you get mute banned and are unable to use a mic.

The game is rated M if you can’t handle playing online pick up another game or take out your mic. You shouldn’t even be posting this…

Trash talking is a part of Halo (and all video games for that matter). You just have to lighten up and remember it’s just a game.

Haha tea bagging, I do it all the time If you’ve been camping or if you have killed me in a lame way, or have tried killing me in a lame way, or if you’ve been doing nothing but using vehicles to get kills. I feel it’s necessary to give someone a session of “Bagging” who’s cheap or just a complete -Yoink-

However I can agree with you with what some people say in lobby chat.

I actually don’t mind the occasion trash talker, as long as it can be justified with skill.

When people trash talk, when they clearly have been dying more than you, and have a lower kill score, and have the cheek to trash talk, -Yoink!- etc. it’s not only a sign of how stupid they are but how they clearly have no game spirit. Or willingness to let everyone enjoy the game together.

That’s what online games are about, enjoying games together, if you can’t manage that then quite frankly you shouldn’t be playing.

Some are so bad that EVEN if your entire team has left the game and you’re fighting solo, still holding a decent score, people still have the cheek to taunt and throw trash.

I wish there was a system that just penalizes that kind of behaviour. It’s really annoying to put up with.

It really spoils the fun of the game.

That’s another thing, how can you expect to have a fair game if your team leaves.

The points system should reflect these handicaps. Just saying, it should be stated in the stats at least, who betrayed, who quit early etc. So we can shame the distastfull players out there.

BUMP FOR ONLINE JUSTICE!

> I wish there was a system that just penalizes that kind of behaviour. It’s really annoying to put up with.
>
> It really spoils the fun of the game.

Trash talking to get the other mad and in turn play bad is fun…

What now?