Problems with the remade level "343 Guilty Spark"

Ok, I won’t link the video, because I don’t think I’m allowed to (there is an embargo on it), but the level “343 Guilty Spark” was shown during the GamesCom.

And while it is REALLY beautiful, it also is REALLY too different, right here.
What was good with this level was how dark and mysterious/scary it was, but in the remade version, the fog seems gone, and everything is brighter.

I know this should be in the campaign forums, but I think it needs to be seen, really.

I’m pretty sure it’s too late to change the level, but maybe I’m wrong.

Please confirm it is unfinished. :slight_smile:

Edit:

-I don’t mind, it still looks AMAZING!
-I’m sure it wouldn’t be too late to add some fog if 343 saw this.

I never paid much attention to the fog and don’t mind if it’s there or not in the full game.

I want a link too :[

Edit: Nevermind, found it on youtube, I think it is too bright as well

EDIT: That BWU scene where NGB defeats the three Archive biases…was epic.

> PM me the link please, I need proof first.
>
> Anyway, it would not be too late to add a bit of fog if that’s what your worried about.

Search it on youtube.
It’s really easy to find it. :slight_smile:

Just type 343 Guilty spark at Gamescom, Google Chrome won’t let me link it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y2KJnuj2Pc
Enjoy :slight_smile:
I love what they did looks amazing

I did say giving a link here is not allowed, because there is an embargo…
I just wanted to discuss about it.

> I did say giving a link here is not allowed, because there is an embargo…
> I just wanted to discuss about it.

There is no embargo on my link. So its fine and you never said we couldn’t you said yours was embargoed and didn’t think it was allowed…

I saw the video and WOW it looks amazing but I do agree that it needs some fog, darkness and a way more of a gloomy atmosphere. The fact that you could barely see ten feet in front is what gave the level its exciting touch and made the flood ever more scary and for a place that is meant to be ravaged by flood infection it is way to pretty and dandy and by that I mean it is a little bit too bright but everything else especially chief’s armor by the look of his forearm is looking Amazing. Oh yeah and i’m really liking the speed of which everything moves at it really feels like a fast pace halo game :smiley: but i do think that the Assault rifle needs to loose the glossy look and have a more gun metal paint style with a tiny bit more detail.

I liked the Terminal, but if GS was able to access the computer archives on the Autumn why couldn’t he have accessed the PA system and actually speak to the crew?

I understand what you’re saying. I didn’t mind it so much outside, but inside it didn’t really work for me. Being dark was a major element that made that level well, that level. But honestly, it’s really not that big of a deal… It looks great as it is, even if part of it is a little too bright.

It looks great. Go watch it again after the initial shock wears off and you won’t mind so much.

Mmmm. Sure it looks great, but I agree OP. I really miss that fog. It gave it atmosphere. Now it just looks like every other level…

During the video, I couldn’t help but think that the original looked better every time he flicked back.

I agree with all of you

I too think its way to bright, not scary like the OG and darkish. Needs some dark tone to it a tad bit then its complete.

The terminals thing was awesome as well, i cant wait to find all of them and understand what halo 4 will be about!

LOL I even looked close when he was walking over the long log in the level where the creepy Flood thing was running the opposite direction on that hill, i didnt see it lol

You know the more I watch the less I’m actually liking the new design. Its way to bright…WAY to bright. The graphics look amazing, but to bright.

You can tell there is more detail… but… I’m also going to have to agree… it was way too bright… like you were having a nice stroll through the park on your way to grandma’s house…

Oh yeah one thing I forgot to mention the terminal is BEAST!! love it it and goes perfectly with what Spark says in the level The Maw when he talks about human history being so interesting to learn about and why he gave access to the chief realizing he was a reclaimer EPIC!! and the graphical cinematic is breath taking O_O sooo awesome.

> Oh yeah one thing I forgot to mention the terminal is BEAST!! love it it and goes perfectly with what Spark says in the level The Maw when he talks about human history being so interesting to learn about and why he gave access to the chief realizing he was a reclaimer EPIC!! and the graphical cinematic is breath taking O_O sooo awesome.

Yes, can’t wait to see it properly.

Wait…

Plot hole: why do they wrestle? Why don’t they just use guns or something? If Bone Cancer Quinn wants to #BoneCancerWin so badly, why doesn’t he just shoot the Bobbys?

> Wait…
>
> If Spark could detect ships and activate defenses against them…
>
> …why were the Covenant able to land?

I never would have questioned that…hmm…maybe he was too distracted by the presence of Humans? or maybe he thought they were our friends. Idk, just throwin stuff out there