Problems with aim after coming back after 3 months

Hey guys. So I took a break from Halo and from video games in general for a couple of months. I came back recently and I have started playing Halo again. My problem is that I used to aim extremely well earlier but now my aiming just seems off. I know it is partly due to the fact that I had been out for a while. But I have now played like 50 to 60 games of Arena yet still my aiming feels off. When I used to return to playing Halo after a few months in the previous games, I used to have problems with aiming for a few matches but it used to become normal rather quickly. But here I don’t know why but I haven’t just been able to aim properly ever since coming back. I used to play with default dead zones, aim acceleration and sensitivity. I tried changing the dead zones to 0 percent but I actually started getting more problems. Any idea as to why this has been happening? Is it because of the fact that this game in particular has very less aim assist?

I had the same issue several months ago. I would recommend playing some btb (social playlist and an empasis on the br.) You could get a buddy and do some friendly octagon 1v1’s. If neither of those work you could check out some halo 5 tips and tricks on youtube. Also, keep a positive mindset as some of your issues may be mental.

> 2533274933878723;2:
> I had the same issue several months ago. I would recommend playing some btb (social playlist and an empasis on the br.) You could get a buddy and do some friendly octagon 1v1’s. If neither of those work you could check out some halo 5 tips and tricks on youtube. Also, keep a positive mindset as some of your issues may be mental.

Okay will do so. Thank you so much mate. Do you feel I should keep my inner/outer dead zones at default only since I had never changed it earlier and was completely fine with it…?

I have my dead zones set at zero. And it helped for me. The aiming has always been a bit erratic for me. Specially after the GoM update. But the best thing to do might be to start from what your originally had and tweak them from there. I had to really back my sensitivity back also. I also have my acceleration set to the lowest setting just to smooth things out a bit more. The aiming system in H5 isn’t perfect and many players have been talking about it. I just think it takes a bit more to dial it in.

Remember also since they took region lock off, your dealing with lag issues now. Their going to put more aim tweaking for the controller in the new update coming up also.