Problem with Weapon Tuning.

Hello fellow Spartans,
As you all know 343i has recently released their Halo 4 weapon tuning update. I know a lot of you out there are enjoying, but me honestly I think that most things are just too OP now. P,ease hear me out. Too many power weapon spawns, over powered SAWand AR. Before this update I was doing just fine but now I can’t do crap. There are pretty much no tactics to counter these weapons. If you guys would like to help me out go ahead and add me. My GT is NinjaPuppy 69. Thank you for your time.
-A troubled Halo player

I Reached the same conclusion. There is no skill or tactics needed when everyone has a Rocket Launcher or other power weapon and can stick you with a Plasma grenade as they are dying.

Because of this and the Lag (poor host selection, no connection filters etc.), I have switched back to Reach for my Halo Fix on June 6th.

Well, you can’t do anything about other players grabbing powerful weapons. Just stick with a friend and go to the battle carefully…

I agree, but these problems existed before the Weapon Tuning update. The Weapon Tuning update actually didn’t affect the above at all.

> I Reached the same conclusion. There is no skill or tactics needed when everyone has a Rocket Launcher or other power weapon and can stick you with a Plasma grenade as they are dying.
>
> Because of this and the Lag (poor host selection, no connection filters etc.), I have switched back to Reach for my Halo Fix on June 6th.

None of that has anything to do with the weapon tuning.

The SAW has always had no counter or weakness, it’s just more apparent now that it kills around twice as fast.

> Hello fellow Spartans,
> As you all know 343i has recently released their Halo 4 weapon tuning update. I know a lot of you out there are enjoying, but me honestly I think that most things are just too OP now. P,ease hear me out. Too many power weapon spawns, over powered SAWand AR. Before this update I was doing just fine but now I can’t do crap. There are pretty much no tactics to counter these weapons. If you guys would like to help me out go ahead and add me. My GT is NinjaPuppy 69. Thank you for your time.
> -A troubled Halo player

Just because something kills you doesn’t make it OP. Learn when and where each weapon is effective.

You get killed by AR’s up close? K, choose a DMR and back off.

> The SAW has always had no counter or weakness, it’s just more apparent now that it kills around twice as fast.

Other power weapons trump the SAW when inside their niches, DMR’s and LR’s can cross-map it easily, and if has a lengthy reload time.

What weapon tuning, the one in june or was there a new one???

Multiplayer is fine for me. Rockets being everywhere etc is exaggerated. There is more weapons in this HALO than all other ones yes, but it only makes more factors involved in situations, not everyone has plasmas either, I see a lot of frags being thrown around still. I’ve adjusted just fine to 4, and love it.

My complaint is the ranking system, which I loved 3 for that.

I don’t see anything wrong with the weapon tuning personally. SAWs kill just as fast as they always did, and there’s still the usual mix of frag and plasma grenades going off.

Power Weapons all over the place, one per player? Not in Dominion it isn’t. ^^
I’ve only ever seen that in Fiesta, and a few CTF games where the enemy team had two people on “Incineration Cannon spawn duty” at all times in Team Skirmish.

Maybe it’s different in BTB and Team Slayer, but I don’t see the “Rockets for everyone!” thing myself, Rock-n-Rail in Action Sack excluded.

I see a lot of people complaining about the Weapon Tunings complaining that most of them are OP and Unbalanced. Saying there’s no counter to them - blah blah. Majority of the people complaining about the weapons are either - A. Terrible or B. Just doesn’t know how to properly counter the weapons. Each weapon has a weakness. Learn what they are and learn how to properly counter them. Rockets, Stay above them, don’t allow them to have the higher ground. SAW, don’t get in so close that it completely over powers you, same with the AR and shotguns. Also, try playing Team Throwdown. There’s no random power weapons. They’re all placed on the map where everyone has a fair chance to get them. Learn when they spawn and where. One last word of advice, try playing with friends/teammates that know how to play the game. You don’t have to be amazing at Halo to have fun. It’s like any other game. Once you learn how players move around the map, where they sit and what they like to do with certain weapons. It actually becomes a littler easier over time.

Saying overpowered suggests the weapons are more powerful than others.

The Saw is a power weapon therefore should be overpowered. Trying to kill someone with a Saw up close isn’t going to work so try catch them from a distance or catch them off guard with a Frag Grenade.

The Assault Rifle however is not overpowered as it is balanced with the other weapons. It is next to useless on larger maps but as expected along with the BR and Carbine, it dominates on small maps. If you fail to kill an Assault Rifle user with the BR then you are either missing shots or starting at a disadvantage (opponent gets first shots).

> The SAW has always had no counter or weakness, it’s just more apparent now that it kills around twice as fast.

I’ve seen some bad SAW users, I’m one of the better ones. :smiley:
It’s easy to counter as long as you have more range than the weapon(If they just hold the trigger, bursting will still get you) and pick them off or catch them offguard for 3 shots then clean up.

Yeah, you can’t snipe it form a distance or hide round a corner with a shotgun or blow is apart with rocket launcher or Scorpion. The SAW is a Death Star.

> > The SAW has always had no counter or weakness, it’s just more apparent now that it kills around twice as fast.
>
> Yeah, you can’t snipe it form a distance or hide round a corner with a shotgun or blow is apart with rocket launcher or Scorpion. The SAW is a Death Star.

Explain how on numerous occasions against good people I’ve managed to kill a fully shielded SAW user only using a storm rifle if the SAW is OP? The SAW is balanced since you sneak up on the user, by the way you can easily kill it in the ways you’ve suggested it’s easy.