Problem with Ultra Wraith

Anyone noticed the Ultra Wraith needs a buff to it’s mortar? Like the lingering damage is fine but the shot itself kinda half works. The regular and Sword Wraith have a much more effective blast radius to their shot than the Ultra. I think the Ultra need to have it’s main blast radius adjusted to the same level as the others, then it would be legit better with it’s lingering damage. tbh right now I think it’s inferior to the Sword Wraith. I’m amazed I haven’t seen anyone talk about this.

Edit: I copy pasted that from the other thread cause I think it’s important and I couldn’t delete the other post.

I’ve talked about it rarely before, but most people don’t bother with wraiths so it tends to go unnoticed. The mortar on it is definitely weird when it comes to its blast radius, it only really seems to work consistently on vehicles when you can get direct hits. Honestly I go with the temple or sword wraith whenever I can over the ultra, the extra armor isn’t that important anyways.

the plasma mortar is different so it must be used differently it doesnt need a buff u just need to learn to use it…forge might have ultras idk for sure as i havent used it
but as for me i prefer temple as i like the mobility enhancements as well as the faster mortar fire rate

Don’t see wraiths much in regular wz so I hadn’t really noticed

> 2533274845033588;3:
> the plasma mortar is different so it must be used differently it doesnt need a buff u just need to learn to use it…forge might have ultras idk for sure as i havent used it
> but as for me i prefer temple as i like the mobility enhancements as well as the faster mortar fire rate

Don’t worry I’m not complaining. But it’s straight up weaker, not just different.

> 2535440942109919;5:
> > 2533274845033588;3:
> > the plasma mortar is different so it must be used differently it doesnt need a buff u just need to learn to use it…forge might have ultras idk for sure as i havent used it
> > but as for me i prefer temple as i like the mobility enhancements as well as the faster mortar fire rate
>
>
> Don’t worry I’m not complaining. But it’s straight up weaker, not just different.

no if u shoot a mortar on it it explodes multiple times u will notice just by shooting the ground three small projectiles branch off forward its much stronger when u use how to cluster these on your target with the other projectiles just how much more powerful it is

I know that, it’s the actual blast that has a smaller radius. The little explosions are fine. It’s harder to kill a running spartan with the Ultra because the big blast isn’t as good.

> 2535440942109919;7:
> I know that, it’s the actual blast that has a smaller radius. The little explosions are fine. It’s harder to kill a running spartan with the Ultra because the big blast isn’t as good.

i think smokey the bear once said “only you can perfect murder with plasma mortar fire”
yeah he totally said that saw it on a commercial

The way I see it, it’s an anti vehicle/boss utility. The initial hit is meant to land slightly before, still touching the unit, and then projects forwards and creates an insane amount of damage. Since Spartans are very, very, very tiny creatures compared to Wardens, it isn’t exactly effective versus them.

It has a flatter trajectory and faster shot than the others. It’s a beast at medium/long range.

Just poke a spartan and they die Kappa

My issue with the Wraith mortar is the red reticle magnetism can change the arc. I hate that. I hate that. Oh man you should see me rage in ODST when we do that!

I also miss having at least one variant with an old shot, the deep bowl parabolic lob-shooters.

As for the Ultra Wraith’s shot, you have to splash it just before your target for maximum effect. The initial explosion could use a slight buff, however, the remaining exploding balls of plasma cause a larger area, damage-effect.

I use the Ultra to rain damage onto targets by hitting walls and ceilings, and bouncing the blast onto my targets.

Been like that for a while, I never used wraiths so didn’t see it as a game changer, but as firefight came out, it does seem to be a lot more useful.

> 2535414140380568;13:
> Been like that for a while, I never used wraiths so didn’t see it as a game changer, but as firefight came out, it does seem to be a lot more useful.

Scorpions may be mobile, armoured artillery, but Wraiths are extremely mobile, splattering mortars.

A Wraith will fit into many garages, can lob shots in the belly of a fortress, into rooms and over walls in bases, splatter scout vehicles, Mantises and oodles of infantry.

> 2603643534597848;12:
> My issue with the Wraith mortar is the red reticle magnetism can change the arc. I hate that. I hate that. Oh man you should see me rage in ODST when we do that!
>
> I also miss having at least one variant with an old shot, the deep bowl parabolic lob-shooters.
>
> As for the Ultra Wraith’s shot, you have to splash it just before your target for maximum effect. The initial explosion could use a slight buff, however, the remaining exploding balls of plasma cause a larger area, damage-effect.
>
> I use the Ultra to rain damage onto targets by hitting walls and ceilings, and bouncing the blast onto my targets.

Hey at least you understand what I mean.

I end up using wraiths more than tanks, partly cuz lower req, and because teammates hardly do any protecting of your slow moving Scorpion. Also, Wraith is better for mini bosses.

If you’re trying to kill people by relying on the original mortar splash radius, you’re using it wrong.

I think it is the fact that the Wraith Ultra is suppose to have a smaller blast radius because of several explosions that spread out when the projectile has hit the target.