Problem with Halo Reach Game on Demand...

I recently bought Halo Reach on Games on Demand because I had already gone through like 3 different copies of Reach because of them not loading maps correctly…

Now, I’m still glad I bought it but I have a huge problem with it. You can only launch the game from the gamer profile that you bought it on. I pay & uphold for 2 xbox live accounts and bought the game for the new game price. Why am I not allowed to start it up with any profile on my Xbox?

I can play splitscreen with the 2 gamertags but sometimes I want to play on different accounts but can’t do so. Could you guys maybe fix this? It’s kinda frustrating.

Whatever Xbox you downloaded it on first can play it with any profile, any xbox you download it on after that you need to be signed in to the account you downloaded it with to play it. I think there is a way to change licenses on xbox.com but I am not sure how to do that.

Well, it is like that for most games but not with Reach.

I log in to my Jericho vG account (which I bought Reach on) and I can launch the game and play it fine.

I sign out of Jericho vG and sign in to my second account, X V, (on MY xbox) and I can’t launch the game.

If I launch the game on Jericho vG and sign out and sign in on X V, it kicks me off the game.

Have you recently gotten a new Xbox 360?

I bought a new Xbox and bought Reach on it. I haven’t gotten a new Xbox since I bought Reach. I’ve talked to other people who always have this problem… super annoying.

I’ll spare you the long explaination and get right to the meat.

343 has no say in this manner. This problem is caused by the way the Xbox Marketplace works. This is an issue to be taken up with Microsoft.

> I’ll spare you the long explaination and get right to the meat.
>
> 343 has no say in this manner. This problem is caused by the way the Xbox Marketplace works. This is an issue to be taken up with Microsoft.

ahaha, impossible.

Oh well, guess it’s just a problem to live with.

Have you tried the license transfer on xbox.com just Bing
xbox live license transfer it might help.If you downloaded content with that gamertag on a different console then used xbox.com to download Reach the license may have been put on that Xbox, this may help you, but once you do a license transfer you cant do it again for 12 months so if your planning on getting a new console anytime soon you might not want to do it.

> Have you tried the license transfer on xbox.com just google xbox live license transfer it might help.If you downloaded content with that gamertag on a different console then used xbox.com to download Reach the license may have been put on that Xbox, this may help you, but once you do a license transfer you cant do it again for 12 months so if your planning on getting a new console anytime soon you might not want to do it.

Yes you can only use the license tool once every 12 months, but if you need the licenses transferred before that time period expires you call Xbox and they manually do it for you.

Well I have the games on demand version and I do NOT have that issue at all. Any account on my Xbox can play the games in demand version. I’d say it’s more specific to you account and xbox rather than the game itself.