Problem with Forums Typing Section...

Well I was typing up a huge post last night that took me well over TWO hours to complete, after I had finished typing I discovered that you could only have a max of 7.5k Characters per post.

I decided I would then split the post in half as I had roughly 10-15k characters and have two-three posts in the topic for it, however, when I clicked preview, the post looked like a mess, for example.

If I were to type this, then paragraph it carefully, now I am going to ramble on until it actually forces me to make a space like so, it would work fine.

However if I did this
then started typing

It would look like this “however if I did thisthen started typing”.

This made my post look like a utter mess and I had to save it in Notepad to work with later on.

Now I am just curious, as I type this on Internet Explorer, is it Google Chrome that causes the problem?

Does Chrome not support the Waypoint Forums fully?

I was guessing this was the case as when I right clicked and chose Copy, it would tell me the browser is incompatible.

If this is the case, should I just copy and paste the exact same wording from my Notepad and post it through another browser such as Firefox or Internet Explorer?

I have no idea of your paragraph issue, but the “currently not supported by your browser, use keyboard shortcuts instead” is a problem that I believe to be with every single browser. What comes to the paragraph issue, I tend to write long posts. Most of my posts are at least three paragraphs long. I have never had the problem that my text goes messed up.

I recommend trying Firefox. You must also take into account that these forums are in the beta stage and will get a lot of improvements when we get the full version, which by the way, brings up the question: when will we get the updated forums?

Anyway, until we get proper, finalized forums, I recommend trying Firefox and other browsers. As for copying/pasting, I recommend using keyboard shortcuts as the site suggests.

> I have no idea of your paragraph issue, but the “currently not supported by your browser, use keyboard shortcuts instead” is a problem that I believe to be with every single browser.

It’s a problem at least with Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Chromium, Iceweasel, Icecat, Dillo, Konqueror, Midori, and Seamonkey; i.e. any browser that uses Gecko or WebKit (Dillo uses its unique layout engine, though).

Still, using keyboard shortcuts isn’t that much of a deal. In fact, I hardly ever use the context menu for copy/paste.