problem in reach,4 & 5 that led to smaller munbers

something i noticed in reach that i found annoying but has got worse and worse as the games have gone on.
its to do with the size of the player models, and hit boxes, they have got smaller and smaller as the games have gone on.
i know why its happened, they can put more pixels and detail into a smaller model, but it also means its alot harder to get a kill. which is fine for the more skilled and you cant argue there is any unfairness in it, but it does mean that the bar is alot higher to have a reasonable fun experience in multiplayer if you are new to it or unskilled.
to me this is the reason that all halos after halo3 have not been top of the multiplayer games, there should be no reason why halo should be in second place to cod, there is just so much more to do and fun to be had with vehicles and such.

also although not related, why do 343 hate multiperson aircraft? transport has changed since halo3, it used to be even if your aim sucked you could drive people around and be useful.
to me it just seems all the changes after halo3 have been geared to the hardcore player and have led to the once large player base shrinking.

I don’t mind or care that Halo isn’t as popular as COD. I don’t want the learning curve or skill to drop to COD level. I am glad they made H5 more challenging. Video games aren’t a popularity contest to me. I don’t need a game to be #1 on the most played all the time for me to play it. There have been a few games most said were horrible that I enjoyed because I figured out how to play them. I like that you have to really earn your kills in Halo. I don’t want that spray and pray easy kills COD has. I don’t understand this popularity contest people try to make of video games.

Um; I don’t think it’s this. I think it’s the decreased TTK. Halo 5 definitely has the shortest.

Think back to BR fights in H3, they took longer, not TOO long, but longer. Longer TTK is one reason we play Halo instead of CoD.

sorry im not saying it should like cod, h3 was king and yet was as long or longer to kill ppl, im saying the player models and hit box sizes are far too small.

> 2533274810137925;4:
> sorry im not saying it should like cod, h3 was king and yet was as long or longer to kill ppl, im saying the player models and hit box sizes are far too small.

But where is this information coming from? If anything I would say the hit boxes are increasing. Making it easier to snipe; or just get headshots in general.