Probably something thats been addressed before but

If infinite has a 10 year plan of support and constant updates, how realistically do you think that involves last gen xbox one? Shouldnt 343 just focus on PC/X performance and not be held back by trying to optimize on the older hardware? 343 got memed for Craig but everyone still expects the original Xbox one to run a game as huge as infinite with the same quality as PC/X. I just dont see that happening. Why even try? What do you guys think?

I don’t really see the problem, you know what you’re getting if you play the game on the Xbox One & Microsoft have committed to not drop support for the system, Series S|X owners will still get the superior version, if people want to bully a last gen console port for being inferior then that’s just silly and they don’t deserve the attention.

> 2533274815938300;1:
> … everyone still expects the original Xbox one to run a game as huge as infinite with the same quality as PC/X.

Yeah… I don’t think anybody expects this.

The one advantage 343 may have is that Slipspace has been built with all the consoles in mind.

> 2533274815938300;1:
> If infinite has a 10 year plan of support and constant updates, how realistically do you think that involves last gen xbox one? Shouldnt 343 just focus on PC/X performance and not be held back by trying to optimize on the older hardware? 343 got memed for Craig but everyone still expects the original Xbox one to run a game as huge as infinite with the same quality as PC/X. I just dont see that happening. Why even try? What do you guys think?

I don’t think anyone expects Halo Infinite to have the same level of quality on the last gen console. But to get to your point, if this “10 year plan” actually comes to fruition (which I kind of doubt), 343 will naturally cut off the Xbox One version’s support somewhere along the way.

The Xbox One is viewed as a liability, yet I don’t think people realize the importance of that console. It is historically difficult to get a next-gen console. As a result, the transition from last gen to next-gen will be far slower. By the time Halo Infinite releases in Fall 2021, there will still be tens of millions of active Xbox One users. You can’t just tell all of them to get a next gen console to play Halo Infinite without sounding like Sony. Yes, the hardware is dated, but still powerful enough to deliver given the right optimization.

> 2533274947044147;2:
> I don’t really see the problem, you know what you’re getting if you play the game on the Xbox One & Microsoft have committed to not drop support for the system, Series S|X owners will still get the superior version, if people want to bully a last gen console port for being inferior then that’s just silly and they don’t deserve the attention.

Nah absolutely not. Its always refreshing to know that all current gen consoles will continue to be supported and still have new games coming out. Keeps the community thriving in a sense. But in halo infinite’s case… isn’t it possible that the final product may be hindered because of it? In terms of a money making point, it only makes sense that current gens continue to get love, but will infinite suffer the same fate as cyberpunk? Its concerning.

> 2533274815938300;5:
> > 2533274947044147;2:
> > I don’t really see the problem, you know what you’re getting if you play the game on the Xbox One & Microsoft have committed to not drop support for the system, Series S|X owners will still get the superior version, if people want to bully a last gen console port for being inferior then that’s just silly and they don’t deserve the attention.
>
> Nah absolutely not. Its always refreshing to know that all current gen consoles will continue to be supported and still have new games coming out. Keeps the community thriving in a sense. But in halo infinite’s case… isn’t it possible that the final product may be hindered because of it? In terms of a money making point, it only makes sense that current gens continue to get love, but will infinite suffer the same fate as cyberpunk? Its concerning.

Microsoft stated they were only supporting Xbox One for a year or two. No way will Halo be released on Xbox One for ten years, and yes look at CyberPunk 2077. It’s practically unplayable on base consoles, even Xbox One X is dropping into the 20 fps area. Xbox One will not be getting new games after a year or so imo.

They’ll probably drop Xbox One support somewhere in those 10 years. Probably closer to now than it being closer to the end of those 10 years. Destiny, a game with a similar promise of a 10 year journey dropped Xbox 360/PS3 support during the release of the DLC Rise of Iron, citing technological limits and the investment the studio was pouring into legacy consoles(360, PS3) with very little return. The majority(90%!) of Destiny players were, at the time, on Xbox One and PS4, so they decided to cut the DLC and other features from the legacy consoles.

Take that information as you will. As what it could mean for Halo Infinite:

I think at some point it makes sense for 343 to eventually drop the Xbox One version of Halo Infinite and continue with the Xbox Series X|S versions. At some point 343 will have some sort of technical limitation they cannot pass with the Xbox One and, in some way, will have the scope of their future of the series somewhat hindered if they were to continue supporting the Xbox One version of H:I. There will also be a point where the majority of gamers will be on the Series X|S or PC, therefore giving 343/Xbox Game Studios/Microsoft room to justify dropping the Xbox One version of the game. I don’t think this will happen months or even a year or two into the game’s life cycle, but at some point close to now(relative to the 10 years from Fall 2021 to the end of it) I believe it will be dropped.

They’ll eventually drop support for the Series X within those 10 years as well. The cycle will continue on as it always has with previous cross-gen titles.

> 2535412047994244;7:
> They’ll probably drop Xbox One support somewhere in those 10 years. Probably closer to now than it being closer to the end of those 10 years. Destiny, a game with a similar promise of a 10 year journey dropped Xbox 360/PS3 support during the release of the DLC Rise of Iron, citing technological limits and the investment the studio was pouring into legacy consoles(360, PS3) with very little return. The majority(90%!) of Destiny players were, at the time, on Xbox One and PS4, so they decided to cut the DLC and other features from the legacy consoles.
>
> Take that information as you will. As what it could mean for Halo Infinite:
>
> I think at some point it makes sense for 343 to eventually drop the Xbox One version of Halo Infinite and continue with the Xbox Series X|S versions. At some point 343 will have some sort of technical limitation they cannot pass with the Xbox One and, in some way, will have the scope of their future of the series somewhat hindered if they were to continue supporting the Xbox One version of H:I. There will also be a point where the majority of gamers will be on the Series X|S or PC, therefore giving 343/Xbox Game Studios/Microsoft room to justify dropping the Xbox One version of the game. I don’t think this will happen months or even a year or two into the game’s life cycle, but at some point close to now(relative to the 10 years from Fall 2021 to the end of it) I believe it will be dropped.

Get on among drip

> 2533274815938300;5:
> > 2533274947044147;2:
> > I don’t really see the problem, you know what you’re getting if you play the game on the Xbox One & Microsoft have committed to not drop support for the system, Series S|X owners will still get the superior version, if people want to bully a last gen console port for being inferior then that’s just silly and they don’t deserve the attention.
>
> Nah absolutely not. Its always refreshing to know that all current gen consoles will continue to be supported and still have new games coming out. Keeps the community thriving in a sense. But in halo infinite’s case… isn’t it possible that the final product may be hindered because of it? In terms of a money making point, it only makes sense that current gens continue to get love, but will infinite suffer the same fate as cyberpunk? Its concerning.

A cyberpunk issue will only happen if 343 get lazy on the optimization. For every bad port between last gen and next gen, I can call off games that did it fine and made it work. Yes the older stuff will look visually inferior but that’s the reality when you’re on older hardware. Performance wise is also a potential issue but that still goes onto how well 343 tries to optimize it. Anything can run terrible even if it’s meant for specific hardware 🤷 the MCC is also a good example of multiple generations working into one.

The only reason I see to ditch last generation is if they feel like they’re incapable of making it work, and even then I know they won’t because there’s still a ton of people trying to get newer generation and they’ll be missing out on a huge demographic if they do it.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2585548714655118;3:
> > 2533274815938300;1:
> > … everyone still expects the original Xbox one to run a game as huge as infinite with the same quality as PC/X.
>
> Yeah… I don’t think anybody expects this.
>
> The one advantage 343 may have is that Slipspace has been built with all the consoles in mind.

cyberpunk was build specifically for console and last gen… that -Yoink- graphic we saw was a way for halo to be playable on last gen…

Microsoft are headstrong about keeping the support for the Xbox One. As a Series X owner, I’m fine with their decision. Although it does raise my concen a little regarding performance but I trust 343.

I don’t understand why everyone thinks “They will naturally drop Xbox One within 10 years.” Something about that doesn’t make any sense, what evidence do we have on this?

Has Microsoft stated that Xbox One players will lose major accessibility to the game made for the Xbox One?

I haven’t even thought of that. You bring up a very valid point. And … it makes it somewhat concerning.

The only thing I can come up with for how this is going to work, is at some point a year or two after Infinite launches, they’ll announce all large scale new content and updates will be Series only content. Then the XB1 family will just have Infinite frozen in whatever state it’s in at the time.

> 2592250499819446;6:
> > 2533274815938300;5:
> > > 2533274947044147;2:
> > > I don’t really see the problem, you know what you’re getting if you play the game on the Xbox One & Microsoft have committed to not drop support for the system, Series S|X owners will still get the superior version, if people want to bully a last gen console port for being inferior then that’s just silly and they don’t deserve the attention.
> >
> > Nah absolutely not. Its always refreshing to know that all current gen consoles will continue to be supported and still have new games coming out. Keeps the community thriving in a sense. But in halo infinite’s case… isn’t it possible that the final product may be hindered because of it? In terms of a money making point, it only makes sense that current gens continue to get love, but will infinite suffer the same fate as cyberpunk? Its concerning.
>
> Microsoft stated they were only supporting Xbox One for a year or two. No way will Halo be released on Xbox One for ten years, and yes look at CyberPunk 2077. It’s practically unplayable on base consoles, even Xbox One X is dropping into the 20 fps area. Xbox One will not be getting new games after a year or so imo.

This is because (and they actually admit to this) they were only focusing on PC and current gen consoles (XS X/S and PS5). Their attention was more so on PC than the consoles, their work force was supposed to make it as perfect as it could be on the current gen and PC then go back and finalize the previous gen consoles. Unfortunately they didn’t want to keep pushing back the release date given how much they’ve already pressed their luck and went ahead and dropped it when they did. This came with a lot of glaring issues that would come back to bite them in the -Yoink!-.

The Xbox 360 is just now being announced to stop receiving support, a console that’s been around for 15 years give or take. Older generations are harder to keep up but the Xbox One is a completely different beast from its younger brother. It may be able to keep up with the current gen for a little bit longer than the 360 could. That being said there will of course come a day when it will stop receiving support, I am not saying that the Xbox One is eternal, just that it’s not even 10 years old yet and was made to be stronger than the 360. Only time will tell how well it stands up to its older siblings the Series X and S.

> 2533274879757912;16:
> > 2592250499819446;6:
> > > 2533274815938300;5:
> > > > 2533274947044147;2:
> > > > I don’t really see the problem, you know what you’re getting if you play the game on the Xbox One & Microsoft have committed to not drop support for the system, Series S|X owners will still get the superior version, if people want to bully a last gen console port for being inferior then that’s just silly and they don’t deserve the attention.
> > >
> > > Nah absolutely not. Its always refreshing to know that all current gen consoles will continue to be supported and still have new games coming out. Keeps the community thriving in a sense. But in halo infinite’s case… isn’t it possible that the final product may be hindered because of it? In terms of a money making point, it only makes sense that current gens continue to get love, but will infinite suffer the same fate as cyberpunk? Its concerning.
> >
> > Microsoft stated they were only supporting Xbox One for a year or two. No way will Halo be released on Xbox One for ten years, and yes look at CyberPunk 2077. It’s practically unplayable on base consoles, even Xbox One X is dropping into the 20 fps area. Xbox One will not be getting new games after a year or so imo.
>
> The Xbox 360 is just now being announced to stop receiving support, a console that’s been around for 15 years give or take. Older generations are harder to keep up but the Xbox One is a completely different beast from its younger brother. It may be able to keep up with the current gen for a little bit longer than the 360 could. That being said there will of course come a day when it will stop receiving support, I am not saying that the Xbox One is eternal, just that it’s not even 10 years old yet and was made to be stronger than the 360. Only time will tell how well it stands up to its older siblings the Series X and S.

I’m talking about being supported with new and current games. When was last top title released on Xbox 360 ? I have not heard of a mainstream title being released on it for years. There are obviously performance issues with Xbox One and even PS4, in fact, even the 4 Pro and One X are discontinued. I doubt we’ll see any major releases on PS4 and Xbox One after a year or so. As stated, I can see them being used as streaming devices, but installing and running XSX, XSS and PS5 games ? No.

> 2533274815938300;1:
> If infinite has a 10 year plan of support and constant updates, how realistically do you think that involves last gen xbox one? Shouldnt 343 just focus on PC/X performance and not be held back by trying to optimize on the older hardware? 343 got memed for Craig but everyone still expects the original Xbox one to run a game as huge as infinite with the same quality as PC/X. I just dont see that happening. Why even try? What do you guys think?

From what I remember I don’t believe the idea is to have Halo Infinite be updated continually for 10 years. The idea is that Halo Infinite will be the last mainline Halo game for 10 years.

I find it almost impossible to believe that Halo Infinite would be supported for such a length of time.

With rumours already circulating that other spin off games are being made in the background this further supports this.

> 2533274865778947;18:
> > 2533274815938300;1:
> > If infinite has a 10 year plan of support and constant updates, how realistically do you think that involves last gen xbox one? Shouldnt 343 just focus on PC/X performance and not be held back by trying to optimize on the older hardware? 343 got memed for Craig but everyone still expects the original Xbox one to run a game as huge as infinite with the same quality as PC/X. I just dont see that happening. Why even try? What do you guys think?
>
> From what I remember I don’t believe the idea is to have Halo Infinite be updated continually for 10 years. The idea is that Halo Infinite will be the last mainline Halo game for 10 years.
>
> I find it almost impossible to believe that Halo Infinite would be supported for such a length of time.
>
> With rumours already circulating that other spin off games are being made in the background this further supports this.

I’m still under the idea that these spinoff titles would be implimented into Infinite in some way similar to DLC, but I mean I completely understand your point of view. I’m still hopeful that this will indeed be the Halo of Halos content wise, just with the amount of effort 343 has been doing to try and preserve Legacy games through MCC and even adding content like they do.