Pro vision overpowered?? I think so!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF1Xh2XG9no go to 4:00 and see what the pros say!!!

it is overpowered and will pretty much force everyone to use it just to stay in the game!!! and promotes run and gun kills and no more strategic baiting kills which is completely changing the fundamentals of halo!!!

I’m sure there’s ways to counteract Promethean Vision that we’re unaware of yet, not to mention the game’s five months out; there’s plenty of time to fix and tweak things.

Not to mention, it’s severely hard to critique an element of a game that I’ve only seen briefly in gameplay, yet never played.

I disagree.

There is already many threads about this very topic.

Personally, I’d relax. 343i would more than likely change the gamme before it comes out.

Sounds like your letting the “pros” think for you. And you were already countered several times in a previous thread with nothing to come back to counter our arguments. I really don’t see why you felt the need to make a whole other thread.

Don’t worry, 343i will tweak it before the game goes gold. They don’t want everybody to use it, but they don’t want nobody to use it either.

> Sounds like your letting the “pros” think for you. And you were already countered several times in a previous thread with nothing to come back to counter our arguments. I really don’t see why you felt the need to make a whole other thread.

oh i counter alright but not all in the right words. i have a different way of think than most others and a different logic system as well, so my words don’t make sense when read by others so it is much harder to express my opinion and make it sound logical to others.

lol got so frustrated on the other thread that you had to make your own?? let me repost my reply to that same comment you used as the original post here-

“lol how about watch the whole thing and tell you your wrong. Which you are. they didnt even say it was overpowered, they discussed potential counters for it, its uses, and its drawbacks. to me there were way more pros than cons. It didnt even drastically help him that game, barely better than a motion sensor. they mentioned it prevented shotgun camping around corners and i am ALL for that. I still dont understand your warrantless fear of this thing, its not that great. If anything your video helped me affirm that PV is NOT overpowered and can be beneficial to the game xD fail. Even if the pros had declared it a blasphemy i wouldnt have cared, pros have weird opinions that i usually disagree with they just hate change because it might change the game enough where they actually have to adapt and learn again”

The only reason the pros consider it overpowered is because 99% of the time they play Halo, they don’t have Motion Trackers. They probably didn’t even notice they were there at E3.

That and Promethean Vision can’t alter the flow of a fight in your favour. So once you get close enough to that guy you saw halfway across the map, they will ALREADY know your coming because of their Motion Tracker, and you got no advantage with PV anyway. Meanwhile that guy could dupe you with a Hologram, or use Thrust as part of their strafe to actually get a real advantage over you.

Go to around the 3 minute mark… They’re playing at a club while drinks and food are being served. This is most of these players first time playing. All standing around playing on 40 inch TV’s. And he just happened to use Promethean Vision (Which didn’t look all THAT powerful).

Their comments weren’t really that in-depth nor did they sound very articulated in the design aspect of it all.

One thing I would say about it is maybe a slightly longer recharge delay?

Other than that, not seeing or playing with all of the AA’s and how they all interact with each other means that no real conclusion can be made.

Well, a good conclusion anyways.

Seems fine to me. Short-range, fooled by Hologram, and the visor glows when ProVision is in use.

But, unlike more than half the people who use these forums, I wait until the game comes out before I make an opinion.

> The only reason the pros consider it overpowered is because 99% of the time they play Halo, they don’t have Motion Trackers. They probably didn’t even notice they were there at E3.

Its the first time they’ve used it and it sounds like there undecided if its over powered or not, and it all depends on the map and the players that use it. That map as its so dark would be the best choice to use and that player still needs some sort of skill to use it, or are you just worried that’s its a counter for camping?

OP is owned…

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF1Xh2XG9no go to 4:00 and see what the pros say!!!
>
> it is overpowered and will pretty much force everyone to use it just to stay in the game!!! and promotes run and gun kills and no more strategic baiting kills which is completely changing the fundamentals of halo!!!

I like the active camo being invisible to it idea. definitely.

but OP? Why is everyone so sure? The pros didn’t even TRY the other abilities that much.

PV is super intuitive and useful. It’s easy to see its use and people will use it a lot, and start having their gameplay benefit immediately.

But there has been no evidence thus far that its the only useful ability.

I mean if you can use that warp jumping thruster pack as often as they were using PV in the vids, I could see that ability getting really annoying to those trying to kill the user…I can see it now…

“OMG that ****er keeps poofing about the map with the sword!!! its 2 OVERPOWARD WAAAH”

> Seems fine to me. Short-range, fooled by Hologram, and the visor glows when ProVision is in use.
>
> But, unlike more than half the people who use these forums, I wait until the game comes out before I make an opinion.

^ This.

I find Armor Lock more game breaking than a short X-Ray vision ability imho.

I don’t really see it as that OP. Just because someone can see me coming doesn’t mean they have the skill necessary to stop me from killing them. It all works out.