Pro ,cons, Neutral of halo 5 so far. thoughts?

Halo 5 has a lot of potential to be one of the best halo games to date. Although the flaws will hold it back, by big or small we will have to see. (haven’t made a topic in a long time, also was going to make the title more clear but your restrict to 50 spaces so :/)
LIST! (opinion of course well some of them)
Pro’s:
-Very good story telling and probably best campaign to date.
-Non linear maps
-Squads and blue team
-Drop in co-op, Im always going to pick buck no matter what for Osiris
-Arena style multiplayer for those who like old style halo
-More mobility
-A epic new btb with AI.
-New vehicles and guns
-Overall smooth gameplay
-Free DLC
-Dedicated servers
-1080p, 60fps
-Low aim assist and Bullet magnetism
Cons:
-No playable elites, I don’t care for it but I know a lot of people are.
-No split-screen, This is a bummer for people with siblings or friends without xbox, although I haven’t used the feature in years is still sad.
-No pve at launch but will be added in if people ask enough for it.
-No btb at launch but will come later (not that much of a big deal)
Neutral:
-We haven’t seen forge yet I can’t put them in pro or con.
-Customization has limits to the spartan armor but we will have to see all the sets and the other stuff they added. Customs are included in this category but again we will have to wait either at the coming events or launch.
This is how I see halo 5 in terms of pro and cons thus far, although I added a neutral because I need to see more for much better opinion. So far halo 5 is a day 1 purchase so far can’t wait.
What do you guys think about halo 5? Do the positives outweigh the cons? Thoughts so far? Hoping for a new revels coming up? Any changes? Discuss!
EDIT: Forgot one thing to the pros, added to the bottom of the pro’s list :slight_smile:

Well pretty much, I would put “less Customization” in cons, and also “wrong mandible style for the Arbiter” but for the most part I agree with you.

(I loved the Beta and I’m looking forward to play the full game, it’s gonna be awesome)

A refreshingly balanced way of looking at things.

& for me personally, the pros definitely outweigh the cons.

Roll on October!

> 2533274800417822;3:
> A refreshingly balanced way of looking at things.
>
> & for me personally, the pros definitely outweigh the cons.
>
> Roll on October!

Yes, apart from lack of Firefight! :slight_smile:

> 2533274882045336;1:
> Halo 5 has a lot of potential to be one of the best halo games to date. Although the flaws will hold it back, by big or small we will have to see. (haven’t made a topic in a long time, also was going to make the title more clear but your restrict to 50 spaces so :/)
> LIST! (opinion of course well some of them)
> Pro’s:
> -Very good story telling and probably best campaign to date.
> -Non linear maps
> -Squads and blue team
> -Drop in co-op, Im always going to pick buck no matter what for Osiris
> -Arena style multiplayer for those who like old style halo
> -More mobility
> -A epic new btb with AI.
> -New vehicles and guns
> -Overall smooth gameplay
> -Free DLC
> -Dedicated servers
> -1080p, 60fps
>
> Cons:
> -No playable elites, I don’t care for it but I know a lot of people are.
> -No split-screen, This is a bummer for people with siblings or friends without xbox, although I haven’t used the feature in years is still sad.
> -No pve at launch but will be added in if people ask enough for it.
> -No btb at launch but will come later (not that much of a big deal)
>
> Neutral:
> -We haven’t seen forge yet I can’t put them in pro or con.
> -Customization has limits to the spartan armor but we will have to see all the sets and the other stuff they added. Customs are included in this category but again we will have to wait either at the coming events or launch.
>
> This is how I see halo 5 in terms of pro and cons thus far, although I added a neutral because I need to see more for much better opinion. So far halo 5 is a day 1 purchase so far can’t wait.
>
> What do you guys think about halo 5? Do the positives outweigh the cons? Thoughts so far? Hoping for a new revels coming up? Any changes? Discuss!

This is just something I had to comment on. They only took BTB out for the launch to get the population for Warzone up. It wasn’t because of any other reason.

More pros than cons sure, but still, I’m not putting any merit into the games quality. We’ll see at launch.

> 2533274938678576;5:
> > 2533274882045336;1:
> > -Snip-
>
>
> This is just something I had to comment on. They only took BTB out for the launch to get the population for Warzone up. It wasn’t because of any other reason.

Actually they couldn’t work on it because warzone had so many bugs, so they put all their effort into making sure warzone is bug free that they didn’t have time to work on btb. Granted there not going to find every bug in the mode but at least it will be as clean as possible.

> 2533274892367695;2:
> Well pretty much, I would put “less Customization” in cons, and also “wrong mandible style for the Arbiter” but for the most part I agree with you.
>
> (I loved the Beta and I’m looking forward to play the full game, it’s gonna be awesome)

Well I view customization is more then armor. I count weapon skins, the new assassination animations (interested in this) , the new vehicle variants, custom game option and the like under 1 category. Who knows maybe we will have a lot of sets of armor to make up for the lack of changing everything on our character. We will have to see :slight_smile:

Pretty much agree.

Though you forgot to add no flood as a con ;p
Just kidding. I realize people don’t enjoy the flood as much as I do.

> 2535422112705145;8:
> Pretty much agree.
> Though you forgot to add no flood as a con ;p
> Just kidding. I realize people don’t enjoy the flood as much as I do.

When you get a hole bunch of flood spores pile up on on door in halo 3 cortana mission, forget about it come back and get insta killed as all the spores go though the door. on heroic. You become very salty about the flood. (jk although it did happen xD)
I think if the flood came into the story at this point of time it be very cheesy. :stuck_out_tongue:

That and the flood maps are poorly designed.

I’m glad the flood are gone.

No BTB as in Big Team Battle? -Yoink- that’s one of my favorite game modes. As long as there’s still SWAT I’m fine though.

> 2533274869573550;12:
> No BTB as in Big Team Battle? -Yoink- that’s one of my favorite game modes. As long as there’s still SWAT I’m fine though.

It will be added in post launch in weeks.

A major con in this factor is the limited armor customization

Pro: Its a new Halo game!
Con: Its not here yet!
Netural: What to play in the meantime!

> 2533274949606723;13:
> > 2533274869573550;12:
> > No BTB as in Big Team Battle? -Yoink- that’s one of my favorite game modes. As long as there’s still SWAT I’m fine though.
>
>
> It will be added in post launch in weeks.

sauce? i also love BTB and i hope to god they bring it back to H5, except this time being 12 v 12 or even 16 v 16 !

A pretty good post, actually. I pretty much agree with everything.

Pros:

  1. A business model for post-launch content that is admirable and will hopefully pave way for the death of microtransactions and paid DLC

  2. A mostly solid map design

  3. A very seemingly well balanced and non-redundant sandbox

  4. Nice lighting

  5. Incorporation of EU into campaign (let’s just hope that they actually explain it this time to those who don’t pay attention to the EU)

  6. Multiplayer that is more acknowledging of the competitive scene

  7. More philosophically in depth campaign

  8. The removal of ordinance, personal loadouts, and perks

  9. English speaking Kig-Yar are interesting

  10. Great marketing and build up for campaign in general

  11. Squad based gameplay that is akin to RC is great

  12. Competitive ranking system

Cons:

  1. Not only is sprint still here, but maps are also still being designed with it in mind, which defeats the purpose of turning it off for customs or a classic playlist

  2. Clamber is honestly a crutch, it doesn’t require the time and precision that came with crouch jumping and maps are being designed with it in mind as well, so there goes a lot map secrets.

  3. I don’t have a problem with ADS (yes I’m going to call it that, it’s not a big deal), but I just don’t want it for melee weapons, shotguns, and automatics (save for the smg), for it makes aiming a mechanic, not a feature

  4. The lack of a HUD compass is a small irk for me

  5. Continuation of hideous, impractical, unnecessary Spartan armors that are only distinguishable by random shapes.

  6. The gutting of armor customization in favor of armor stripes, weapon recolors, and animations

  7. The continuation of ignoring the Sangheili community when all we need is just to be told WHEN they will be added

  8. All the alien weapons still sound either like liquid farts or electronic farts rather than their screeches, whines, hisses, and thumps from previous games

  9. HUD sounds are unbearably annoying, it gives me headaches way to often

  10. Both announcers won’t.shut.up

  11. HFY theme is still intact and more unbearable than ever

  12. Natural environments look bland

  13. Everything being unlocked from a lottery ticket system via REQ packs defeats my incentive for unlocking items

  14. Using the Hesduros models and armors for SoS

  15. Lack of splitscreen

  16. Small pool of playlists at launch

  17. Ground pound really doesn’t fit in with a grim universe like Halo, it just screams DBZ to me

  18. No firefight

  19. The overall abandonment of the concept of an MP campaign

  20. As a sword fighter, the energy sword has so many things wrong with it

  21. The lack of a social playlist

  22. No theater for campaign

  23. The absolute overabundance of medals, or at least an option to choose which medals are displayed/announced

  24. The Spartan victory ending is going to get old awfully fast, let us at least choose if we want it to display or not

  25. Adrenaline junky atmosphere for MP, I prefer a methodical, silent experience (again, let us toggle/customize stuff like in match music and announcer voice)

  26. Power weapon spawns being announced, which crudely interrupts match flow

  27. Lack of freedom with Warzone

Neutral:

  1. No news on forge

  2. No news on theater other than the campaign thing

  3. No news on clan support

  4. No news on file browser

Pros:

  • they upped the base movement speed and acceleration
  • killtimes are quite quick
  • many issues with zooming and firing have been fixed from beta
  • fratboy animation gone
  • consistent weapon spawns (for power weapons only unfortunately)
  • thruster is cool
  • ranking system (hopefully it is tightened come release
  • assurance that 4v4 maps will be viable for competitive play
  • perfect kill medal
  • removal of most of the dumb h4 additions

Cons:

  • not fond of the maps i’ve played on so far, mainly their layout and design, but texturing also (unsc and forerunner objects all look so similar)
  • the lighting, dynamic lighting feels like it removes part of the art style to me, and is very visually noisy in comparison to the clean visuals of 1-reach. blacks are too dark, too much glare and haze.
  • all the visual and audial noise interrupts the game and gives off this faux adrenalized feeling, sort of how it is also implemented in blockbuster action movies.
  • too many medals
  • medals are a bit boring looking
  • least favourite announcer recordings
  • not being able to toggle spartan chatter or animations
  • sprint and clamber
  • less armour customization, i liked to choose shoulders
  • not a fan of the gun sounds, all sound too shrill, not enough bass or crack in the noise

on the fence / waiting:

  • ground pound, it was annoying using bumper jumper in the beta, now since it won’t be in the way i wonder how powerful it will be.
  • how playlists, forge and theater will be handled.
  • what BTB will be like

> 2533274836395701;19:
> - not being able to toggle spartan chatter

Actually this is toggleable.