Prioritize pickups

So you’re in warzone assault. You’ve got 5 seconds left. You’re running into the enemy base as Palmer informs you the enemy core is about to fail. On the stairs, what’s that? A fuel rod cannon? Perfect. Run by, grab the… Erm… No, not the assault rifle, the fuel rod. No… No I didn’t want!.. Game over. That’s what happens when our pickups aren’t prioritized.

Sorry for for the long story. If there’s two weapons on the ground, I think the greater of the two (be it in attack or req points required or both) should take priority when picking them up. Same goes for vehicles and boarding. If I’m standing in front of a ghost, whether it be occupied by an enemy or not, I don’t want to accidentally pick up an assault rifle off of a dead marine next to said ghost.

Thoughts?

It’s just a small thing, but 343i may as well add it in.

> 2535428321626321;2:
> It’s just a small thing, but 343i may as well add it in.

A small thing for sure, but it happens often enough that it’s become a major annoyance.

I could speak of many times where this could save me, and where this not being a feature saved me

The amount of times ive picked up a weapon instead of boarding…

Dont you just love piles of weapons with that shining gem in the pile of crap that you can’t seem to pick up for the life of you? Fun times… Fun times… grumbles under my breath

Yeah, the amount of times I’ve picked up an AR instead of the flag is ridiculous…

I’m forever jumping onto the back seat of a Mongoose instead off jumping off it! It’s a real pain when your trying to make a hit 'n’run on the flag only to turn into a sitting target!

OH MY GOD YES! This problem has dogged me ever since I’ve started playing Halo, and it’s happened in every game! “Oh look! Someone dropped the sword! …No game, I don’t want the Needler, I want the Sword… NO, I want the SWORD, not the PISTOL…” (I start to get shot from afar) " Oh -Yoink- come on pickituppickituppickitup" (Shields are gone by the time I pick it up, hold the weapon for half a second and die) “GOD -Yoink!-!!!”

I think it already works like that but I think the effect has a small radius so it only really works if the weapons are on top of eachother.

I don’t know this for a fact, it’s just what I think based on experience.

> 2533274866682248;10:
> I think it already works like that but I think the effect has a small radius so it only really works if the weapons are on top of eachother.
>
> I don’t know this for a fact, it’s just what I think based on experience.

Definitely not. I have been standing on literally a pile of weapons and it still tried to make me take the AR, over several power reqs. I forget what they were, but they were ones that i REALLY wanted, and ended up dying trying to pick it up. (several enemies attacking the base with only me there because so many other people were respawning, hence the pile of weapons.)

> 2533274816636702;6:
> Dont you just love piles of weapons with that shining gem in the pile of crap that you can’t seem to pick up for the life of you? Fun times… Fun times… grumbles under my breath

Lol it’s nice that they added the blue glow so you can highlight what you want to pick up, but in a run-and-gun situation you just don’t have that kinda time.

> 2533274843498392;12:
> > 2533274816636702;6:
> > Dont you just love piles of weapons with that shining gem in the pile of crap that you can’t seem to pick up for the life of you? Fun times… Fun times… grumbles under my breath
>
>
> Lol it’s nice that they added the blue glow so you can highlight what you want to pick up, but in a run-and-gun situation you just don’t have that kinda time.

Exactly.

Neither of these situations have happened to me. It’s pretty easy to place yourself over a weapon you want to pick up, as well as in front of a vehicle you want to board.