Primordium Mentions Requiem?

Sadly I’ve only just now been able to start reading Halo Primordium but while reading I noticed a part which was of particular interest. On pages 236 and 237 the Lord of Admirals tells of how Yprin Yprikushma discovered the Primordial and brought it to Charum Hakkor. The reason it’s so interesting is because the Primordial was said to be discovered on a small Planetoid near the boundaries of the Galaxy. 343i has specifically stated that Requiem is a Planetoid and even hint at this in Halo Anniversary with the image of Requiem and the words “Dark Planetoid Rising” appearing on the Autumn’s bulletin board.

So I have to wonder… Is Requiem actually this small Planetoid at the edge of the Galaxy? This kind of makes sense if The Chief and Cortana didn’t actually make it all the way back to the Galaxy, but got close enough to drift near the Galaxy’s edge where the Planetoid is located. If the Primordial was discovered there the Forerunner could have returned to see what other important and dangerous things might be found there. If they did find something there of importance, possibly more Precursors or something to that effect, it would make sense as to why they encase the Planetoid in a massive shell. It was done to keep whatever was inside from getting out. Or it was done to keep unwanted creatures from getting in, such as the mysterious aliens who crashed on Installation 04?

What do you guys think?

Well I thought the description of Requiem was a lush landscape inside a shell. The planet the Primordial was found on was described as a burnt out cinder of a world. Obviously stuff could regrow. But considering Yprin and a team investigated there when they found the Primordial I would think they would have found other Precursors if they were there.

I honestly just think Requiem is a shield world built by the Forerunners. It seems as if it is a completely new and unheard of previously structure.

But thats just me.

I think you may be on to something here, great find!

That trollface on the ‘Dark Planetiod Rising’ board begins to make sense now…

Maybe instead of keeping the Flood out, the Forerunners built the shell around Requiem to keep something in? But why would they let the Dawn in so easily?

Interesting indeed…

> Maybe instead of keeping the Flood out, the Forerunners built the shell around Requiem to keep something in? But why would they let the Dawn in so easily?
>
> Interesting indeed…

Heres the thing though, It’s a shield world. Its described as a shield world. Not a prison. Shields stop things from entering. I think the OP might be digging a little too deep for a connection. I just think it’s yet another shield world. Only this one has Forerunners on it.

As much as it seems there’s a connection i believe it is just another shield world. Maybe the last world with Forerunners on it. But what i don’t get is why the Forerunners haven’t tried coming into contact with the rest of the galaxy and why they are only reappearing now?

> As much as it seems there’s a connection i believe it is just another shield world. Maybe the last world with Forerunners on it. But what i don’t get is why the Forerunners haven’t tried coming into contact with the rest of the galaxy and why they are only reappearing now?

Well they didn’t make contact, and this is just my understanding, because they wiped out all sentient life, everyone had to start from scratch. On top of the fact that there had to be species they weren’t able to collect. So they kind of put themselves into a species wide exile. And they aren’t really reappearing, they are content staying hidden. MB sent the chief to the planet to meet the Forerunners and so Chief can tell them that MB helped exterminate the flood again. That way he hopes the Forerunner will see he has attoned for his earlier transgression.

They didn’t exterminate the Flood though…not by a long shot.

> Well I thought the description of Requiem was a lush landscape inside a shell. The planet the Primordial was found on was described as a burnt out cinder of a world. Obviously stuff could regrow. But considering Yprin and a team investigated there when they found the Primordial I would think they would have found other Precursors if they were there.

They didn’t describe the Planetoid. They only mentioned that it was at the murky end of the Galaxy. Humans might have excavated it but we’re talking about Forerunners now controlling it. The Humans attempted to destroyed all knowledge of the Flood and their discoveries but some of that info remained. This Planetoid being the location where the Primordial was found could be of some importance.

It’s also said the Primordial was “the most ancient biological artifact we had yet encountered” which could imply it wasn’t the only biological artifact they found, it was just the oldest. There is a possibility that if there was more on the Planet they didn’t catalog it all.

> Maybe instead of keeping the Flood out, the Forerunners built the shell around Requiem to keep something in? But why would they let the Dawn in so easily?
>
> Interesting indeed…

Perhaps they detected the the Master Chief and his Geas on board just as Guilty Spark did? They noticed a Reclaimer and opened the door?

> Heres the thing though, It’s a shield world. Its described as a shield world. Not a prison. Shields stop things from entering. I think the OP might be digging a little too deep for a connection. I just think it’s yet another shield world. Only this one has Forerunners on it.

Keeping something in is only a theory, I also mentioned keeping something out. They could have been trying to keep the mysterious aliens who crashed on Alpha Halo out. Another possibility is the idea that there is indeed Precursor structures on the surface. Remember that the “indestructible” Precursor structures were actually susceptible to the Halo array which means if there was a some kind of Precursor structure of some importance, they would erect a Shield around it to protect it when the Halos fired.

> Well they didn’t make contact, and this is just my understanding, because they wiped out all sentient life, everyone had to start from scratch. On top of the fact that there had to be species they weren’t able to collect. So they kind of put themselves into a species wide exile. And they aren’t really reappearing, they are content staying hidden. MB sent the chief to the planet to meet the Forerunners and so Chief can tell them that MB helped exterminate the flood again. That way he hopes the Forerunner will see he has attoned for his earlier transgression.

But if it was that straight forward there would be no conflict. Something needs to give us a reason to gun them down. They’ve said they wanted to really make this game feel mysterious and have a similar vibe to how we all felt during the first Halo but part of that feel was “Oh ok we’re fighting the Covenant and then OMG IT’S THE FLOOD!” They might be trying the same thing with “Oh ok we’re fighting the Forerunner and then OMG IT’S THE PRECURSORS!”

I’m sure it’s more complicated than that but but you get the idea.

> > Maybe instead of keeping the Flood out, the Forerunners built the shell around Requiem to keep something in? But why would they let the Dawn in so easily?
> >
> > Interesting indeed…
>
> Perhaps they detected the the Master Chief and his Geas on board just as Guilty Spark did? They noticed a Reclaimer and opened the door?

It’s still odd, wouldn’t they want to know the Reclaimer’s knowledge on the subject and his intents? After all he might do something stupid and release whatever’s in there. And if there’s something in there, why open a gaint gap in the shell? It would be safer to have some kind lock chamber to prevent anything going out.

> > > Maybe instead of keeping the Flood out, the Forerunners built the shell around Requiem to keep something in? But why would they let the Dawn in so easily?
> > >
> > > Interesting indeed…
> >
> > Perhaps they detected the the Master Chief and his Geas on board just as Guilty Spark did? They noticed a Reclaimer and opened the door?
>
> It’s still odd, wouldn’t they want to know the Reclaimer’s knowledge on the subject and his intents? After all he might do something stupid and release whatever’s in there. And if there’s something in there, why open a gaint gap in the shell? It would be safer to have some kind lock chamber to prevent anything going out.

Well look at it from their perspective. They see an incoming vessel but it’s severely damaged and has minimal atmosphere inside. There is a single Human and a primitive, (by their standards), artificial intelligence. Considering their technology is considerably more advanced and they probably outnumber the ships occupant by a considerable amount they would most likely not care at all and assume they can handle it.

Or someone/something else opened the door. Something we don’t yet know about.

It is called a planetiod because it isn’t an actual planet the world the primordial was found on was burnt out while requiem is lush. So no, not to mention requiem is a forerunner creation.

> It is called a planetiod because it isn’t an actual planet the world the primordial was found on was burnt out while requiem is lush. So no, not to mention requiem is a forerunner creation.

1. It’s a Planetoid because a Planetoid is a Minor Planet or Dwarf Planet and is not large enough to be classified as a full size Planet.

2. Where is it said the Planet was “Burned out?” The entire description goes…

"Forty years before the last of the Human-Forerunner wars, it was Yprin Yprikushma who had been summoned to the murky boundaries of the Galaxy, upon the discovery of the small Planetoid within which some intelligences, long ago - perhaps the earliest Forerunner themselves - had imprisoned the Primordial.

And it was Yprin who had excavated that Planetoid, found the Primordial preserved in viscous hibernation in an ancient capsule - barely alive even in the sense in which it lives. She it was who recognized the Primordial as a major curiosity, the most ancient biological artifact we had yet encountered and transported it to Charum Hakkor."

Even if there is somewhere in this book a description that says it was “burned out” it would only be a description of what it looked like 110,000+ years ago. If the Forerunner were going to use it they would have terraformed it to support themselves or any other species they wished to preserve.

1. The Planetoid inside is not a Forerunner construct it’s just encased in one.

Really Shadow, all there is to this theory is the whole “planetoid” thing, yet there are probably millions of those in the Milky Way. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and in this case a planetoid is a planetoid.

Why does everyone assume that the forerunners still live? OT: I don’t think it was Requiem, however I do find the Edge of the galaxy part to be a very plausible place for Chief to end up…

> > It is called a planetiod because it isn’t an actual planet the world the primordial was found on was burnt out while requiem is lush. So no, not to mention requiem is a forerunner creation.
>
> 1. It’s a Planetoid because a Planetoid is a Minor Planet or Dwarf Planet and is not large enough to be classified as a full size Planet.
>
> 2. Where is it said the Planet was “Burned out?” The entire description goes…
>
> “Forty years before the last of the Human-Forerunner wars, it was Yprin Yprikushma who had been summoned to the murky boundaries of the Galaxy, upon the discovery of the small Planetoid within which some intelligences, long ago - perhaps the earliest Forerunner themselves - had imprisoned the Primordial.
>
> And it was Yprin who had excavated that Planetoid, found the Primordial preserved in viscous hibernation in an ancient capsule - barely alive even in the sense in which it lives. She it was who recognized the Primordial as a major curiosity, the most ancient biological artifact we had yet encountered and transported it to Charum Hakkor.”
>
> Even if there is somewhere in this book a description that says it was “burned out” it would only be a description of what it looked like 110,000+ years ago. If the Forerunner were going to use it they would have terraformed it to support themselves or any other species they wished to preserve.
>
> 3. The Planetoid inside is not a Forerunner construct it’s just encased in one.

And because it is an artificial creation which is the first answer instead of you trying to seem smart with common sense answers.

"
“How could it communicate? It was hidden naked and half-dead on a lost cinder of a world. And then—we froze it in a timelock!"

cinder-A burned or partly burned substance.

Please give us a reason as to why that random planet would get so much attention out of the other billion in the galaxy. There forerunners don’t even know where it is.

> Why does everyone assume that the forerunners still live?

Because it has been confirmed for at least 5 years they are alive…

> Really Shadow, all there is to this theory is the whole “planetoid” thing, yet there are probably millions of those in the Milky Way. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and in this case a planetoid is a planetoid.

Hey I’m not saying this is fact or anything but you have to admit that as far as crazy “It’s Onyx” or “It’s Venezia” theories go, this makes a little more sense.

Planetoid isn’t exactly a term that was thrown around a lot in the Halo Universe. Sure there are factually lots and lots of Planetoids but as far as in-Universe this is the first time I can recall where they specifically identify the Planet as a specific type: Planetoid. It’s not a full size Earth type Planet or a Gas Giant it’s a Planetoid.

This combined with when Kevin Grace, (I’m pretty sure it was him), identified Requiem as a Planetoid and the “Dark Planetoid Rising” image in CEA it makes sense to me that the Planetoid in the book could be the one in the game.

As Dr. Halsey once said “Still, a series of coincidences usually aren’t coincidence.”

> Why does everyone assume that the forerunners still live? OT: I don’t think it was Requiem, however I do find the Edge of the galaxy part to be a very plausible place for Chief to end up…

Because they are. The Halo Encyclopedia confirms they left the Galaxy or at the least left the Orion Arm. You have to consider all those who were on the Arks survived because they’re out of range of the Halo Rings. It’s also implied that anyone on the surface of a Halo Ring can survive the firing as well.

> And because it is an artificial creation which is the first answer instead of you trying to seem smart with common sense answers.

You don’t know it’s a construct. It’s been stated, (possibly), by Kevin Grace that it’s a “Planetoid” which would imply it’s an actual planetary body and the Construct is just the shell that encases it.

> “How could it communicate? It was hidden naked and half-dead on a lost cinder of a world. And then—we froze it in a timelock!"
>
> cinder-A burned or partly burned substance.

That doesn’t mean that the Forerunner couldn’t terraform it. They’re pretty good at that stuff you know and considering they were willing to terraform the surface of their doomsday weapons I would believe they would terraform yet another Shield World. Especially if they’re living on it.

> Please give us a reason as to why that random planet would get so much attention out of the other billion in the galaxy. There forerunners don’t even know where it is.

Please give a reason as to why that random Planetoid would get so much attention from the Humans. Why would the Humans excavate a “burned out cinder”? You could say it was for resources but if Planetoids are in such abundance then why is this one on the murky edges of the Galaxy so important? I’m sure there are plenty more much closer to their space. Perhaps it’s because they were interested in Precursor technology and that’s exactly what they found.

You also don’t know that the Forerunner don’t know about it just because they didn’t say they knew about it in the first two books. We still have a third book to go and they continue to learn all what the Humans knew. If there is something related to the Precursors which the Humans left or didn’t have time to get then it would be a place of interest. Halo Rings can destroy Precursor structures so building a Shield around it makes sense.

Remember Frankie said there would be no flood in halo 4.

I think they said no Covenant would show up either like a long time ago, but ofc they are the first thing you fight in the game…I would assume the whole “there are no flood in this game” is a lie too, since game developers can’t make new enemies without dragging old ones along…but who knows for sure!? I’m down for anything…

Also seems like most people on here just like to argue other peoples opinions or some people think whatever they say in here is fact…guess that’s really all forums…lol!

I’m not sure about the whole Requiem thing…we’ll wait and see!

Op may be on to something here…