Prima Strategy Guide: Thoughts?

Greetings everyone.
When I first heard the announcement of the Prima Strategy Guide, I was instantly interested. I had the strategy guide for Halo: Reach, and I found it fascinating.
I was interested not because I thought I would need it to play the game (I have been playing Halo since 2001), but more along the lines of having a special collector’s item.
Now we have all seen all the threads about “What edition of the game are you getting?” or “What controller do you like best?”, and I thought something different would be nice (yes, I did search this topic, and I have been following the forums here since the strategy guide’s announcement).

I personally have already pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition of the strategy guide, and I am really looking forward to receiving it. I hope for this thread to be more than just a poll. I was hoping to hear what everyone thinks about this strategy guide, or maybe about strategy guides for Halo in general. Do you like them? Do you dislike them? Why or why not?
Now we know that the strategy guide will include information about the single-player campaign, all the multiplayer levels, all the achievements, and much more. We also know that the Collector’s Edition comes with bonus DLC. I suspect that could be more REQ packs, possibly with a specific item. What do you think of this?

Feel free to discuss anything about the strategy guide here. Like I said, I cannot wait to get mine, and I hope that it turns out well.

I’ve always been more interested in the Art books as opposed to guides. Probably because Gamestop trying to shove guides down my throat for the past decade made me destest them. Both look good though. Here’s a link to the artbook.

Amazon Link

I think the guide would look damn nice on my bookshelf, but I’ve already spent too much money on H5 that I have trouble justifying the purchase. So it’s one of those things that I want, but will not be purchasing lol.

> 2533274803493024;3:
> I think the guide would look damn nice on my bookshelf, but I’ve already spent too much money on H5 that I have trouble justifying the purchase. So it’s one of those things that I want, but will not be purchasing lol.

This makes sense.
I have not spent too much on things related to the game myself, so I suppose I can justify my purchase.
As of the price drop on the controller on Amazon, I am spending about $200 before tax on these things.

Halo 4’s LE Guide was cool. Came with map cards which you could draw routes on and stuff. Sort of like football plays.

It would be cool to get as a gift. I was given the skyrim collectors guide and it is very nice, however those books can be quite pricy

> 2533275007850566;6:
> It would be cool to get as a gift. I was given the skyrim collectors guide and it is very nice, however those books can be quite pricy

Yeah, pricey books do cut into the total for things related to the games. This is why I am glad that the Collector’s Edition for Halo 5 is only about $30, and the normal edition is like $23 or something like that.

I don’t need a book guide my weapon is the only guide I need to find the best way kill the enemy