Preventing The Door Closing In Motor Pool

Hi All

In Crow’s Nest, the big Motor Pool Battle with the numerous Brutes and Hammer Wielding Chieftain I have watched a walkthrough where the door you enter from, doesn’t close behind you.

I have played this twice (Heroic) and on both times the door behind me closes.

This makes the whole ensuing battle tough particularly when getting more ammo.

How do you keep that door from closing please?

I think there is something about not entering the motor pool fully but in the walkthrough I watched, there was some ducking in & out of that doorway to the pool but not going past the gun shield barrier.

The doorway remained open behind & it was used to get more ammo.

I am finding this a bit frustrating because on several occasions I have got down to the hammer Brute & me but have run out of room to kill him & have been blitzed. I can negotiate the other Brutes pretty well even when cornered in the ammo section. With no check point I get so far only to have to repeat the process.

Being able to get back out the door to get more ammo etc would allow me to get this sewn up before I attempt Legendary.

I suspect this scenario is familiar to most of you. Any help , much appreciated.

I should thank Mythic Tyrant, as it is his walkthrough I am following! They are excellent.

I’ve done it Legendary alone and my suggestion is grab a grav lift, a shotgun, and a Br with a couple of sticky nades and also a portable shield. First thing you want to do is take the Br and take out about 2-3, then throw down the portable shield and recover. Take out one more while throwing sticky nades at the same time and take a grav lift and hop up on the side with Br ammo, and camp there. Shoot the Chieftain if he has yet to come and make him deploy his Invincibility . They should know where you are and will start coming, this is when you pull out the Shotgun and you start taking them down one by one. Afterwards the Chieftain will come and you will want to leave the room and jump back down and continue shooting the Chieftain. That should make it very easy, but it depends on how the battle goes as well. As for the door, I never knew about that.

> I’ve done it Legendary alone and my suggestion is grab a grav lift, a shotgun, and a Br with a couple of sticky nades and also a portable shield. First thing you want to do is take the Br and take out about 2-3, then throw down the portable shield and recover. Take out one more while throwing sticky nades at the same time and take a grav lift and hop up on the side with Br ammo, and camp there. Shoot the Chieftain if he has yet to come and make him deploy his Invincibility . They should know where you are and will start coming, this is when you pull out the Shotgun and you start taking them down one by one. Afterwards the Chieftain will come and you will want to leave the room and jump back down and continue shooting the Chieftain. That should make it very easy, but it depends on how the battle goes as well. As for the door, I never knew about that.

Thanks

I am not far away as I can deal with the Brutes pretty well. I am conscious of there being no checkpoint & so am probably a bit “panicky” when it comes to the main Chieftain.

On Heroic he is the last one to kill. I think on Legendary he moves forward before then.

To take out the intial Brutes I am doubling up the plasma to take down the shields followed up by a headshot from the BR.

The ammo goes on the plasma pistol which is when I can get cornered picking up ammo on the ground floor although I do better with the Brutes coming for me as oppose to picking them off from a distance.

It is frustrating as I am not far away & doing a lot of the hard work but find myself backed up against the door with a grav hammer in my head!

I had another look at this last night , reloaded from Rally Point Alpha.

There is a point where the door behind you closes & it must be when you venture into the motor pool beyond the entrance.

I fought the battle from the doorway using just the BR.The door behind was fully open the entire time. It was a long range battle effectively & required numerous trips to the armory behind to reload.

It worked to a degree but I still managed to “freeze” when confronted with the final chieftain. That was a silly error rather than an inability to negotiate the room.

I am going to restart the mission & come into the pool with dual weilding plasma pistols & a BR. The plasma to take out the shields & the BR for a headshot as a combo should do the trick. I will pick up a shot gun for the end game!

I am happy this problem room can be negotiated now one way or another.