pretty much confirmed

xbox magazine picture with halo 4 on the front

it says the creator… does this mean the forerunners or the Creator??

It implies Forerunners, more specifically the Master Builder. However, the Master Builder is presumed dead. The Forerunners woudl also tear any UNSC force to shreds, so how that will balance out…I have no clue.

It’s leaked so I’m not believing it, plus that’s xbox magazine not 343. I’m sure the news would go to us first…

> It implies Forerunners, more specifically the Master Builder. However, the Master Builder is presumed dead. The Forerunners woudl also tear any UNSC force to shreds, so how that will balance out…I have no clue.

well maybe the forerunners are already at war with another race and the master chief just gets in the middle of the war but is just focused on getting home

> It’s leaked so I’m not believing it, plus that’s xbox magazine not 343. I’m sure the news would go to us first…

well the pictures of the master chief in halo 4 didn’t come to us first… ad xbox magazine always gets info before the fans do

> well maybe the forerunners are already at war with another race and the master chief just gets in the middle of the war but is just focused on getting home

Unless that race owns technology that far exceeds the Forerunners, then it would be no contest. The only race capable of that were the Precursors and they are in hiding. Now they are the creators of the Forerunners and humans, so I suppose they could make a race of beings that fight on their behalf. That still wouldn’t quite explain why they would try to kill Chief though, after all he is a human and Reclaimer.

> > well maybe the forerunners are already at war with another race and the master chief just gets in the middle of the war but is just focused on getting home
>
> Unless that race owns technology that far exceeds the Forerunners, then it would be no contest. The only race capable of that were the Precursors and they are in hiding. Now they are the creators of the Forerunners and humans, so I suppose they could make a race of beings that fight on their behalf. That still wouldn’t quite explain why they would try to kill Chief though, after all he is a human and Reclaimer.

Maybe the forerunners have gotten rusty over the years. We can see already that we can take out sentinels with ease.

I really hope they show something at pax which im sure they will… Just in my opinion

> Maybe the forerunners have gotten rusty over the years. We can see already that we can take out sentinels with ease.

Well yes, but those are basically brainless machines who have relatively simply goals: Kill. Once their shield is put down so they can fire, they are easy to destroy. But against flesh and blood Forerunner warriors with weapons and technology that far outclass anything the UNSC, much less Chief, has is a pretty straightforward win for the Forerunners.

> > Maybe the forerunners have gotten rusty over the years. We can see already that we can take out sentinels with ease.
>
> Well yes, but those are basically brainless machines who have relatively simply goals: Kill. Once their shield is put down so they can fire, they are easy to destroy. But against flesh and blood Forerunner warriors with weapons and technology that far outclass anything the UNSC, much less Chief, has is a pretty straightforward win for the Forerunners.

True, very true.

> It implies Forerunners, more specifically the Master Builder. However, the Master Builder is presumed dead. The Forerunners woudl also tear any UNSC force to shreds, so how that will balance out…I have no clue.

… but… but… the UNSC has a new BR and Warthog! The extra geometry and design details clearly show that the UNSC can now fight Forerunner on equal footing.

I suspect that if we fight Forerunner that the UNSC will be able to hold its ground. After all we’ve fought Sentinels and Enforcers and done alright. I get your point though, the Forerunner should be able to shrug off the UNSC like a lion shrugging off annoying insects.

This is all assuming that the Forerunners are still in good shape (I don’t read the books, so if this was covered somewhere, my apologies). Civil war, revolution, lots of things could leave them in a pretty sorry state.

> I suspect that if we fight Forerunner that the UNSC will be able to hold its ground. After all we’ve fought Sentinels and Enforcers and done alright. I get your point though, the Forerunner should be able to shrug off the UNSC like a lion shrugging off annoying insects.

Well, we all know how badly the UNSC got it’s -Yoink- kicked by Covenant technology and that was just a crappy copy/paste job of Forerunner tech.

> Maybe the forerunners have gotten rusty over the years. We can see already that we can take out sentinels with ease.

Read Ghost of Onyx. Those Sentinels are deadly.

> It is far superior to the regular Sentinels that guard the Halo installations and The Ark and even the Sentinel Majors of Installation 05 due to its shielding and extreme firepower. Onyx Sentinels fire golden, lethal beams of energy from a central eye, which is thought to be similar in strength to the beam weapon fired by 343 Guilty Spark at several points of Halo 3 when the player is on the Ark, not just fighting him at the end. This attack causes devastating damage: the destruction of a granite plateau, vaporization of a combat bunker, and the instantaneous destruction of any ground vehicle or infantry, even including a SPARTAN-III. Enough Onyx Sentinels (about forty-five) can even vaporize a large starship with apparent ease.

> The Spartans on Onyx once destroyed <mark>one</mark> at extreme altitude with multiple rockets and sniper rounds, ultimately depleting its shields and destroying it.

Really the only downside to them is the motion sensor that activates their shields.

> One of their primary advantages, is a gold-colored Energy Shield that is entirely resistant to all projectiles, even the rockets of the SPNKr Launcher and LOTUS Mine detonations; <mark>however, the motion sensors that activate the shield are duped by slow moving objects, such as a rock, which was used to destroy one Sentinel on Onyx.</mark> It is unknown why the shields only snap into place when fast moving projectiles are coming in the direction of the Sentinel (it is unlikely that they do so to conserve energy, for the enormous output of energy per beam is, presumably, far greater than the amount used to hold shields in place), but it’s possible that it has flaws in its sensors, and objects moving at slow enough speeds can be virtually invisible to it.

> > Maybe the forerunners have gotten rusty over the years. We can see already that we can take out sentinels with ease.
>
> Well yes, but those are basically brainless machines who have relatively simply goals: Kill. Once their shield is put down so they can fire, they are easy to destroy. But against flesh and blood Forerunner warriors with weapons and technology that far outclass anything the UNSC, much less Chief, has is a pretty straightforward win for the Forerunners.

Well maybe the master chief learns how to use their weapons against them

> Well maybe the master chief learns how to use their weapons against them

Chief can’t single-handily defeat a force of Forerunners. It’s just not possible.

> > Well maybe the master chief learns how to use their weapons against them
>
> Chief can’t single-handily defeat a force of Forerunners. It’s just not possible.

Yeah well the UNSC and the Elites might get involved
and is there a chance the Precursors will return??

> ]
> Yeah well the UNSC and the Elites might get involved
> and is there a chance the Precursors will return??

I still doubt that would even the odds. The Elites are rapidly losing any understanding on how to maintain their technology and humanity has very few warships and soldiers to throw at the Forerunners.

As for the Precursors, it does appear they will. When, I don’t know.

> > Maybe the forerunners have gotten rusty over the years. We can see already that we can take out sentinels with ease.
>
> Read Ghost of Onyx. Those Sentinels are deadly.

Those Sentinels are deadly, but they’re also a completely different kind than what was on the Halo rings and the Ark (which you mentioned). But I’m guessing your point is that the Forerunners have some insanely powerful technology that we haven’t seen yet, which is probably true.

April 18 eh?

I’m going to guess we are getting some info at pax east then.

either that, or the media is getting some info at pax east and that’s when the embargo lifts.