Preston J. Cole

For the people who don’t know, Preston J. Cole was an Admiral of the UNSC during the Human-Covenant war; due to his many victories against the Covenant he became Humanity’s most cherished hero.

In “The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole” (Halo Evolutions) it was deduced, with an 89% or so certainty, that Preston Cole actually escaped the Battle of Psi Serpentis (where Cole supposedly died while taking down a fleet of 200+ Covenant ships) and headed to a previously unknown world, possibly to set up a new colony free of UNSC control due to their constant milking of his skills until the pressure became too great. It was also said that the narrator of the story (an ONI representative?) would attempt to track Cole down and try to convince him to fight for the UNSC, with the threat of the beheaded Covenant and Human insurgents on the horizon.

Will Cole return, perhaps not in Halo 4, but in 5 or 6? I think that this would be a very interesting proposal. I’m not sure how it would play out, but it would be a very interesting plot twist.

Thoughts?

I would absolutely love to see Admiral Cole in the new games. To me, he seemed one of the most robust characters in the literature and immediately stood out. After reading “The Impossible Life and Possible Death” and the snippets from the other books, he has become my favorite character from the canon. Personally, I would prefer a full length novel dedicated to him, but a cameo in the games would be amazing as well.

I would absolutely love to see Admiral Cole in the new games. To me, he seemed one of the most robust characters in the literature and immediately stood out. After reading “The Impossible Life and Possible Death” and the snippets from the other books, he has become my favorite character from the canon. Personally, I would prefer a full length novel dedicated to him, but a cameo in the games would be amazing as well.