Prepare yourselves.

It seems that everytime 343 announces something, people hate it and people love it. I saw a post about the difficulty shield changing. People said they were quitting Halo because of this. Well, lets see what the community has to offer with the covie weapons.

“Difficulty Shield”?

> “Difficulty Shield”?

The icon you see wen selecting your difficulty level. You know, the shield with the skull and stuff? It looks different now.

> “Difficulty Shield”?

These, I assume. Though in Halo 4, they’re a bit different.

> > “Difficulty Shield”?
>
> These, I assume. Though in Halo 4, they’re a bit different.

Nice save

Wait people said they were quitting Halo because of that??? That is one of the stupidest reasons I have ever heard. I’m actually hoping they were being sarcastic.

> “Difficulty Shield”?

yeah some people complained about the design for the difficulty shield (if your asking what it is, it’s the that thing that represents what difficulty you’re on such as easy or legendary) and they were going as far as too not buy H4 simply because of it. absurd imo :confused:

> Wait people said they were quitting Halo because of that??? That is one of the stupidest reasons I have ever heard. I’m actually hoping they were being sarcastic.

Does it make you…dissapointed? lol jk.
Yes I have skimmed through the thread, there’s obviously halo fans so zealously attached to certain details that when changed, they essentially lose hope for everything…it’s sad really

Why on Earth would they change this? I really don’t understand why 343 is changing so many things that have always been a part of the Halo experience for no distinguishable reason. All they are doing is -Yoink!- their fans off.

I’m still going to buy the game, but damn if that’s not dissapointing.

lol I seen that thread about the difficulty shield too. And I thought people on here couldn’t complain about anything else as insignificant…but damn I was wrong.

> Why on Earth would they change this? I really don’t understand why 343 is changing so many things that have always been a part of the Halo experience for no distinguishable reason. All they are doing is -Yoink!- their fans off.
>
> I’m still going to buy the game, but damn if that’s not dissapointing.

343i wasnt the first to change it. It was changed in ODST too. And keep in mind 343i has stated ages ago that they were changing just about everything to fit their vision. Starting from a clean slate. Imagine it from their perspective. Why would they change this thing but not another? It’s better to change both to keep with the idea that Halo 4 is meant to be a true successor, but in the words and eyes of Bungie’s successors

> Why on Earth would they change this? I really don’t understand why 343 is changing so many things that have always been a part of the Halo experience for no distinguishable reason. All they are doing is -Yoink!- their fans off.
>
> I’m still going to buy the game, but damn if that’s not dissapointing.

You’ll literally look at it for a second to pick your difficulty, then forget about it.

> > Why on Earth would they change this? I really don’t understand why 343 is changing so many things that have always been a part of the Halo experience for no distinguishable reason. All they are doing is -Yoink!- their fans off.
> >
> > I’m still going to buy the game, but damn if that’s not dissapointing.
>
> 343i wasnt the first to change it. It was changed in ODST too. And keep in mind 343i has stated ages ago that they were changing just about everything to fit their vision. Starting from a clean slate. Imagine it from their perspective. Why would they change this thing but not another? It’s better to change both to keep with the idea that Halo 4 is meant to be a true successor, but in the words and eyes of Bungie’s successors

Well, that’s a dissapointing business decision. I understand that it’s their Halo now, and not Bungie’s, but they have Bungie employees.

And I understand that it’s a new trilogy, but it’s still Halo. There’s certain icons that should never be changed in regards to Halo. and the Legendary Shield is definitely one of them.

> > > Why on Earth would they change this? I really don’t understand why 343 is changing so many things that have always been a part of the Halo experience for no distinguishable reason. All they are doing is -Yoink!- their fans off.
> > >
> > > I’m still going to buy the game, but damn if that’s not dissapointing.
> >
> > 343i wasnt the first to change it. It was changed in ODST too. And keep in mind 343i has stated ages ago that they were changing just about everything to fit their vision. Starting from a clean slate. Imagine it from their perspective. Why would they change this thing but not another? It’s better to change both to keep with the idea that Halo 4 is meant to be a true successor, but in the words and eyes of Bungie’s successors
>
> Well, that’s a dissapointing business decision. I understand that it’s their Halo now, and not Bungie’s, but they have Bungie employees.
>
> And I understand that it’s a new trilogy, but it’s still Halo. There’s certain icons that should never be changed in regards to Halo. and the Legendary Shield is definitely one of them.

but…it’s not…really big of a deal…at all. I understand if its for nostalgic reasons but you gotta learn not to be so attached to these kinds of things. Especially when its something as little as a difficulty icon.

That’s the thing though. It is nostalgic, and there was absolutely no reason to change it. It’s been the same way for 10 years.

> > > Why on Earth would they change this? I really don’t understand why 343 is changing so many things that have always been a part of the Halo experience for no distinguishable reason. All they are doing is -Yoink!- their fans off.
> > >
> > > I’m still going to buy the game, but damn if that’s not dissapointing.
> >
> > 343i wasnt the first to change it. It was changed in ODST too. And keep in mind 343i has stated ages ago that they were changing just about everything to fit their vision. Starting from a clean slate. Imagine it from their perspective. Why would they change this thing but not another? It’s better to change both to keep with the idea that Halo 4 is meant to be a true successor, but in the words and eyes of Bungie’s successors
>
> Well, that’s a dissapointing business decision. I understand that it’s their Halo now, and not Bungie’s, but they have Bungie employees.
>
> And I understand that it’s a new trilogy, but it’s still Halo. There’s certain icons that should never be changed in regards to Halo. and the Legendary Shield is definitely one of them.

It still has Chief. It still revolves around the ideology of previous Halos. It’s just in a different art form. Like going from one episode of Halo Legends to another. 343i is being respectful of Bungie’s work as they have rewritten just about every design as not to copy them.

> > Wait people said they were quitting Halo because of that??? That is one of the stupidest reasons I have ever heard. I’m actually hoping they were being sarcastic.
>
> Does it make you…dissapointed? lol jk.
> Yes I have skimmed through the thread, there’s obviously halo fans so zealously attached to certain details that when changed, they essentially lose hope for everything…it’s sad really

I don’t find it disappointing, but rather funny.

> That’s the thing though. It is nostalgic, and there was absolutely no reason to change it. It’s been the same way for 10 years.

You just gotta let go, man. It’s a new art direction. You will get over it at some point. Much like when 343i had a different vision as to what Master Chief’s Mk VI armor looks like. A lot of people were turned off by it at first but do you see people bringing it up now?

> Wait people said they were quitting Halo because of that??? That is one of the stupidest reasons I have ever heard. I’m actually hoping they were being sarcastic.

It wasn’t for real…
Although im sure some are a little upset …