Prepare to be amazed

In Spartan Ops Episode 3, there is a mission called Shootout In Valhalla. Have any of you ever wondered why it’s called ‘Shootout In Valhalla’? In War Games the map is called Ragnarok, and in Spartan Ops the map is called Two Giants. Why name the mission ‘Shootout In Valhalla’?

Look at the initials : SIV. They probably look more familiar as S-IV, short for Spartan IV, the current generation of Spartans.

Also in Spartan Ops, in the very first mission, the teams : Castle, Majestic, Domino, Ivy, and Crimson are mentioned in that order. You will notice that the names for the DLC maps are taken from these but why were the names chosen that were chosen?

Again as before : C(rimson), M(ajestic), C(astle) ; or : CMC. What is CMC? Well depending on the context and MC is a main character, or a master of ceremonies, in Halo MC is Master Chief. After this the other ‘C’ should be obvious ; it stands for Cortana.

The secrets of Halo are revealed at last.

Pretty cool but not really amazed.

OR

It could just be named after the halo 3 map valhalla that is a copy of ragnarock.

It seems like you’re kind of grasping at straws with this. I wonder though if they’ll have any other map packs with the other fireteam’s names.

“Ivy” Map pack

“Domino” Map pack

Hmm… probably not though.

OK… I am prepared…

Ragnarok is a holographic simulation where power weapons fall from the fake sky.

Valhalla was an actual place on Requiem that was thrown into the nearest star.

I feel like you’re thinking into this a bit too much. It’s likely just a coincidence.

> I feel like you’re thinking into this a bit too much. It’s likely just a coincidence.

In my line of work, there’s no such thing as a coincidence.

Good catches, OP. Very interesting indeed.

> I feel like you’re thinking into this a bit too much. It’s likely just a coincidence.

Too much? Or not enough?

Sounds like gov’t agent talk to me. Come to throw us off the track.

omg 10/10 best cnspiracy i 5evr seen in my lifed!

It’s a plot by the EVIL SPIDER-CONTROLLED ILLUMINATI OBAMA CONSPIRACY to destroy us all.

My head just exploded. I have no idea how I’m still alive and typing this right now.

A couple of minutes on the toilet is not a lot of thinking. I’m not a deliberate thinker things just come to me.

> omg 10/10 best cnspiracy i 5evr seen in my lifed!
>
> It’s a plot by the EVIL SPIDER-CONTROLLED ILLUMINATI OBAMA CONSPIRACY to destroy us all.

Tried too hard.

You are on acid, dont you?

.Just kidding man.

Your theory about the SIV, seems pretty understandable, the other stuff well…
I dont know its maybe be a coincidence,

No man, you’ve got it ALL wrong.

SIV refers to “Shucks, I’m Vexed” - 343 knew that team Mantis killing would be a problem, but they debated on whether or not the added realism of friendly fire added to the game.

And as you mentioned, the team names Castle, Majestic, Domino, Ivy, and Crimson are mentioned in that order. (C M D I C)

CMDIC refers to “Change Mantis Damage? I Can” - 343 was trying to let us know that if we ran into problems later, they would help us out.

“Over thinking… over analyzing… separates the body from the mind.”

So… the secret of all Halos was…

Was…

Uhm… 42?

EDIT: Now that I think, there are 6 remaining Halos of the 7 first made…

6x7!!

You started off well with the SIV bit, but then the CMC bit borders on ridiculousness. Yeah I just said ridiculousness.

I’m still going to believe it’s called what it is simply because Ragnorok was called Valhalla in it’s previous life

> It seems like you’re kind of grasping at straws with this. I wonder though if they’ll have any other map packs with the other fireteam’s names.
>
> “Ivy” Map pack
>
> “Domino” Map pack
>
> Hmm… probably not though.

If they made a map pack for every fireteam there would be so many map packs that they would eventually run out of ideas for maps and lores behind them.

This here bugs me:

Now integrated into the War Games simulation, this curiously hidden valley was once the site of a Spartan deployment

That is the description of Ragnarok. Note “this curiously hidden valley was once the site of a Spartan deployment”. This refers to Valhalla from Halo 3, which was on the ARK.

Spartan Ops decided it was now on Requiem, despite its references to the Ark’s Valhalla. Ok.

> This here bugs me:
>
> Now integrated into the War Games simulation, this curiously hidden valley was once the site of a Spartan deployment
>
> That is the description of Ragnarok. Note “this curiously hidden valley was once the site of a Spartan deployment”. This refers to Valhalla from Halo 3, which was on the ARK.
>
> Spartan Ops decided it was now on Requiem, despite its references to the Ark’s Valhalla. Ok.

The Forerunners got lazy. Why would they make every canyon on every single installation unique, when they could just copy>paste?