Prefect Armor looks cool and all, but...

…I can’t help but feel the helmet is just a redesigned Vanguard helmet. Something like this would’ve looked really cool. Still, it’s new armor and I guess I can’t complain too much. However, this seems like a missed opportunity.

I’m surprised they didn’t go with a Didact-inspired suit. That seemed to be something that was pretty popular. I agree though, there are much better designs that could have been chosen for Forerunner-influenced Spartan armor.

> I’m surprised they didn’t go with a Didact-inspired suit. That seemed to be something that was pretty popular. I agree though, there are much better designs that could have been chosen for Forerunner-influenced Spartan armor.

That’s already been done by a Venator skin.

> I’m surprised they didn’t go with a Didact-inspired suit. That seemed to be something that was pretty popular. I agree though, there are much better designs that could have been chosen for Forerunner-influenced Spartan armor.

To be fair you can already make armour similar to the Didacts
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/spartant110/halo4/fileshare#?details=73053745-a82b-40e2-9e70-3e4ba76c9fd0
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/spartant110/halo4/fileshare#?details=63b14c97-1198-4a15-b678-7db3f4059d72

I’m interested in the head to be honest. It’s shown to have a blue light in the images but will it end up like Venator and simply have a white light?

I almost think it will have a blue light, at a glance the armours poly count looks lower than most other armours which means the engine might cope with the coloured light.

They look similar but they are very much different. I am not a fan of the helmets that do not have actual visors, other than the Gungnir helmet. Vanguard is ugly IMO this new Perfect set looks so much better.

> …I can’t help but feel the helmet is just a redesigned Vanguard helmet. Something like this would’ve looked really cool. Still, it’s new armor and I guess I can’t complain too much. However, this seems like a missed opportunity.

Lol, I thought the same exact thing. Only difference is it looks more “aerodynamic and alien-like”. Its looks pretty cool though.

> > I’m surprised they didn’t go with a Didact-inspired suit. That seemed to be something that was pretty popular. I agree though, there are much better designs that could have been chosen for Forerunner-influenced Spartan armor.
>
> To be fair you can already make armour similar to the Didacts
> https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/spartant110/halo4/fileshare#?details=73053745-a82b-40e2-9e70-3e4ba76c9fd0
> https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/spartant110/halo4/fileshare#?details=63b14c97-1198-4a15-b678-7db3f4059d72

I can see where your coming from but that doesn’t really look like the Didact. Using the Didacts armour is one of the things I want to do most. FOTUS will do me until then though, it’s just too bad most people can’t get it.

> I can see where your coming from but that doesn’t really look like the Didact. Using the Didacts armour is one of the things I want to do most. FOTUS will do me until then though, it’s just too bad most people can’t get it.

Hello?

> > I can see where your coming from but that doesn’t really look like the Didact. Using the Didacts armour is one of the things I want to do most. FOTUS will do me until then though, it’s just too bad most people can’t get it.
>
>
> Hello?

Aside from color, that Venator still has little in common with the Didact. That setup with the Ranger helm is closer, but as for an armor set that really looks like it, we have none.

This new armor could have been that.

Would’ve preferred Didact armor.

Well, the Prefect armour definitely does look inspired by the Forerunner concept art that was linked in the first post. The single blue eye, the shape of the legs (long pointed feet), the shape of the knees, the design of the chest and the rounded shoulders are just examples of similarities between the two.

While I probably won’t use any of that particular armour set myself, it does look pretty interesting.

I think you guys are missing a big point. The pack is call the Champions Pack…if you look closely the helmets look like helmets you’d wear in a sports game.

> I think you guys are missing a big point. The pack is call the Champions Pack…if you look closely the helmets look like helmets you’d wear in a sports game.

?

Only the Ricochet armor is sports-themed.

Sure there could have been something more different but armour is armour.

As long as a lot of it exists and I can use it I can look good dying.

I just can’t wait to make more unique looks that will blow your socks off.

> Well, the Prefect armour definitely does look inspired by the Forerunner concept art that was linked in the first post. The single blue eye, the shape of the legs (long pointed feet), the shape of the knees, the design of the chest and the rounded shoulders are just examples of similarities between the two.
>
> While I probably won’t use any of that particular armour set myself, it does look pretty interesting.

Compare these 2 images and see the similarities
Concept art

Halo 4 armour

> > I’m surprised they didn’t go with a Didact-inspired suit. That seemed to be something that was pretty popular. I agree though, there are much better designs that could have been chosen for Forerunner-influenced Spartan armor.
>
> That’s already been done by a Venator skin.

Really? I thought that was just a color scheme for it. I would have like to have seen some armor variants with moving or even slightly “floating” parts.

I’m really digging the Prefect armor… It feels more like past Halo helmets than some of the more funky Halo 4 ones. I’m so happy new armor is coming out.

But I missed who said it is Forerunner inspired?

As for Venator looking like a Forerunner suit, I have to disagree. Aside from the matching color schemes in that photo, there is nothing about the size or shape or other dimensions that stands out to me.

> I’m interested in the head to be honest. It’s shown to have a blue light in the images but will it end up like Venator and simply have a white light?
>
> I almost think it will have a blue light, at a glance the armours poly count looks lower than most other armours which means the engine might cope with the coloured light.

Maybe its a new visor colour… That ODST one looks slightly different as well.

> > I’m interested in the head to be honest. It’s shown to have a blue light in the images but will it end up like Venator and simply have a white light?
> >
> > I almost think it will have a blue light, at a glance the armours poly count looks lower than most other armours which means the engine might cope with the coloured light.
>
> Maybe its a new visor colour… That ODST one looks slightly different as well.

Speaking of visors… Anyone think you’ll be able to Change the visor color on the ODST armor?