Predictions for GOTY?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

a post on the halo 4 forums got me wondering what you guys think will be nominees and possibly winner of this year’s Game of the Year?

Here’s my predicted Nominees and what I think about them:

Assassin’s Creed 3
Though I do love halo, I think this and borderlands will give it a run for its money. looks freaking amazing, glad we finally have a proper sequel to AC. Nat Amr. Assassins FTW!

Borderlands 2
Another good competitor. cant wait to play 4PC with my friends on this while I wait for the next week’s Spartan Ops episode :slight_smile:

Halo 4
Though this is my favorite franchise, I think it is a little unlikely it will win GOTY. not impossible, not highly unlikely, just a little unlikely. but damn, it looks -Yoink- doesnt it? definitely gonna be my Go-To game to play most of the time.

Darksiders 2
I tend to stay away from “like god of war BUT” games, but my friends have convinced me to borrow their copy of DS1 and it seems more “Like Zelda but” with a darker story. I really enjoy the whole “humans are a growing race so gods and demons have to stop fighting” so both be good and not just “demons are evil, gods are good” crap.

CoD Block Ops 2 obviously if it were decided by the actual gaming community that play games for fun and not because they’re being paid BJs to give it a 9/10, this game wouldnt even get a mention, but you know the “professional” gaming community, they like themselves some Coc-I mean Cod. then again, this is treyarch, the more creative of the CoD sisters, so I still have expectations for this game to be more than just a copy and paste. not a great game, just not a copy-paste like that MW2.5 crap.

Mass Effect 3
partly because it’s a really good game, partly because they also gave a few BJs themselves, and to add to it, slapped long time ME players in the face. It’s a good game, it just doesnt excuse itself if you know what I mean.

Diablo 3
seems like this list is just turning into a bunch of sellout games. I have no experience will diablo games (I know, I know, but I’m borrowing my cousin’s D2 for a few months) so I dont know what to make of this one.

Max Payne 3
not much experience of this one either, so not gonna touch what I think about it. irrelevant information is best left as no information

Walking Dead
at least give it “best story telling” or “best thriller” or something like that.

Mortal Combat
It’s a 2D fighter, what can I say that’s already been said by every review ever of fighters? (honestly, I dont want to say anything that’ll piss MK fans off)

Far Cry 3
Such a better alternative than CoD. Open world, exploration, survival, it’s like the Hunger Games Game I always wanted! also with guns!

Half Life 3!!

and the 2012 prediction GOTY award goes to…

its to early to decide. we have to play the games first. but Most of these games wont make the cut. in the end they will probably only choose 5

> its to early to decide. we have to play the games first. but Most of these games wont make the cut. in the end they will probably only choose 5

I know, but I just decided to make a post to tend to my current status boredom. somthing to keep my mind off the long time before any of the release dates. damn just started thinking about them again :frowning:

>

I’m reading this the wrong way. Can someone tell me what it means?

It probably will be Halo 4. It’s because Halo just has more popularity than the other games out there. The only game I really see competing is Black Ops 2, but I don’t see it winning. It was suppose to be one of the worse games of E3.

> >
>
> I’m reading this the wrong way. Can someone tell me what it mean?

Benjamin jamensons sch-tick?

> It probably will be Halo 4. It’s because Halo just has more popularity than the other games out there. The only game I really see competing is Black Ops 2, but I don’t see it winning. It was suppose to be one of the worse games of E3.

then again you have to take note that the people who pick GOTY are the same people who nominated CoD BO 1 having the best game ending. “You can’t spell ignorant without IGN”

> > It probably will be Halo 4. It’s because Halo just has more popularity than the other games out there. The only game I really see competing is Black Ops 2, but I don’t see it winning. It was suppose to be one of the worse games of E3.
>
> then again you have to take note that the people who pick GOTY are the same people who nominated CoD BO 1 having the best game ending. “You can’t spell ignorant without IGN”

I always thought CoD was boring anyways, too easy to do everything. Who knows though.

> > > It probably will be Halo 4. It’s because Halo just has more popularity than the other games out there. The only game I really see competing is Black Ops 2, but I don’t see it winning. It was suppose to be one of the worse games of E3.
> >
> > then again you have to take note that the people who pick GOTY are the same people who nominated CoD BO 1 having the best game ending. “You can’t spell ignorant without IGN”
>
> I always thought CoD was boring anyways, too easy to do everything. Who knows though.

And it NEVER Changes :confused:

I think that the only thing that could rival Halo 4 this year (though I have high hopes for AC3) is Mass Effect 3. I think we all agree that the endings sucked (the extended cut, much less so. I actually found the amended endings passable) but in terms of narrative, really conveying the bleakness of a war against city-stomping, undefeatable, ancient machines; it excelled.

I’ll make the prediction it’ll come down to COD and Halo.

Go figure, right?

> I’ll make the prediction it’ll come down to COD and Halo.
>
> Go figure, right?

those are preorders, not necessarily how good the game is. people will buy anything that starts will Call on it

> > I’ll make the prediction it’ll come down to COD and Halo.
> >
> > Go figure, right?
>
> those are preorders, not necessarily how good the game is. people will buy anything that starts will Call on it

Word has it that people actually found Blops 2 to be good, so who knows. I think CoD will get a lot of votes just for the sake of it being CoD

> >
>
> I’m reading this the wrong way. Can someone tell me what it means?

I hope it doesn’t mean what I think it does.

> > >
> >
> > I’m reading this the wrong way. Can someone tell me what it means?
>
> I hope it doesn’t mean what I think it does.

Bad jokes…? :confused:

I think COD. Has to be popular if they keep making them right?

popular=/=good

> popular=/=good

oh absolutely but it gets the fans votes.

I was going to say Halo 4 but Black Ops 2 is beating it in every aspect really. It’s going to cater to the competitive crowd and have a visible league / ranking system which is epic.

Halo is going backwards shying away from competition and skill while Black ops is going towards it. It’s the first CoD to do this too.

Feel free to recreate this thread with more appropriate descriptions.