Predict Halo 4's Sales

With each main installment in Halo, the original trilogy in this case, each game has outsold its predecessor by a fairly large margin.

Halo CE: Est. 6.4M
Halo 2: Est. 8.5M
Halo 3: Est. 11.6M
Halo 4: ???

I wanted to exclude Halo: Reach, solely due to the fact the it is considered a spin-off, although it has sold 9.2 million to date, selling more than Halo CE & 2.

Estimate Halo 4’s sales. Take other factors into consideration. Some can include its competition releasing shortly before/after, a new developer which will inevitably make some unsure about the game, the return of Master Chief(A character widely known by many unlike Noble Six & The Rookie), overall hype, etc.

I’m predicting 10 million. With Call of Duty’s grip on its consumers and Bungie missing from the game’s credits, I find it highly unlikely that it’ll surpass Halo 3’s sales which, back in '07, dominated the market considering the lack of competition until Call of Duty 4 became widely known and ignited the Call of Duty phenomenon. But this is Halo 4. The first true Halo sequel in half a decade, the continuation of an iconic character’s story, and that alone can sell this game like hot cakes.

It’s the return of Master Chief. This is what people have been waiting for.

Over 9,000!!

OT: 11.5M-14M is my guess. Lots of people from both Halo 3 and Reach will be buying Halo 4, not to mention the new people it will drag in.

I predict that it will sell at least 9 million copies. I really feel that the absence of Bungie, the fact that this is a start of a trilogy rather than an end to one, and its competition with Call of Duty: Black Ops will result in less sales.

> Over 9,000!!
>
> OT: 11.5M-14M is my guess. Lots of people from both Halo 3 and Reach will be buying Halo 4, not to mention the new people it will drag in.

If the spin-offs never existed, maybe.

Although I’ve loved them, I’m afraid they will have an impact on how well this game is going to do. A lot of people disliked ODST and many hate on Reach.

1. That is all.

With Call of Duty so popular, I doubt it’ll get much more than Reach.

I am predicting about 12M

And I am predicting that Halo 4 will be pretty damn close to kick CoD’s butt.
I know, I am being a fanboy. :slight_smile:

At this point, 50/50 chance of beating Reach or even Halo 3.
There hasn’t been any console exclusive selling this much.
Quality does speak volume, so who knows?

> At this point, 50/50 chance of beating Reach or even Halo 3.
> There hasn’t been any console exclusive selling this much.
> Quality does speak volume, so who knows?

Modern Warfare 3 was garbage. Still set another record like each of its predecessors, not to mention millions still play it a year later.

I’m afraid I don’t understand this industry anymore.

It will be interesting because this is the first Halo game to sell in the Holiday season since Halo 2.

I say it beats Reach. Halo 4 probably will at least get 10 million units sold

> It will be interesting because this is the first Halo game to sell in the Holiday season since Halo 2.
>
> I say it beats Reach. Halo 4 probably will at least get 10 million units sold

I can definitely see Halo 4 being enormous this Christmas, considering it’s launching shortly prior to it, unlike the three month difference that Halo 3, ODST, and Reach had.

i don’t know, i mean i haven’t heard anyone talk about COD at all i haven’t heard any hype . hell even my three local gamestops dont even have black ops ads or poster or what have you up. and i am family friends with the owener of the district of gamestops in my area and he has straight forward told me how him and all his employees have been trying to convience people to get halo over COD. to ad onto i see no add for call of duty. as well as i have been hearing a lot of people saying the same thing i have been trying to tell them for years. COD is just the same previous game with new skins for the guns and like a handful of perks. i dont think cod will do so hot this year…