Precision Rifles to get Beefed Up?

According to the recent bulletin, 343i is testing out the idea of dropping the BR to a 4(four… FOUR) shot kill weapon.

I’m excited. >:D

Also announced was making the Carbine one shot less to kill, and to extend the LightRifle’s red crosshair to match the DMRs.

From what I’ve read, I’m totally down for this. It’s about time the Carbine became a threat, and I wont feel like I’m handicapping myself when whipping out my favorite LightRifle.

What are the thoughts of fellow gamers? Opposed? In favor? Thoughts!

I love 343 for buffing the BR, Carbine and LR

I like what they’re doing. It will take some getting used to, though, since all the starting rifles won’t be what we’re used to.

I thought the LR was fine as it was, but matching its range with the DMR red zone…is damn magical lol

I’m pretty sure a four shot BR will put it on par with an assault rifle for kill time, meaning the BR user actually has a chance if he’s caught within range of an AR user. I’m all about that.

Though, I’m sure there will be a number of AR users that will find that idea unwelcome…

Overall good. I think the DMR’s RRR should be reduced, instead of the LR’s increased though, and due to the faster kill times, the skill gap should be increased slightly though a decrease in aim assist and/or bullet magnetism for all rifles.

Nothing is final but I like keeping the DMR as the baseline and bringing everything else up to par.

I still won’t use the DMR – the Light Rifle is my fave – but it should make for more exciting game play all around.

My question now becomes: will the automatic rifles (Suppresor, AR, SR) become obsolete? I hope not, I do enjoy using them, too.

You bring up a good point, the automatic weapons already have fast kill times as it is and the idea of making them faster to compensate… Not a pretty picture in my head.

This seems like an interesting change, and it sounds much better than current state of weapons. I hope they release a test playlist. I might comeback, as weapon balance in this game is one of my top concerns. I wonder how this will affect the automatics however.

Will have to wait to see what they end up doing but I don’t really like the idea of changing that many weapons either way I will probably end up only playing Swat

> I’m pretty sure a four shot BR will put it on par with an assault rifle for kill time, meaning the BR user actually has a chance if he’s caught within range of an AR user. I’m all about that.
>
> Though, I’m sure there will be a number of AR users that will find that idea unwelcome…

The AR is being buffed, too. Word is that the aim assist is reduced by about 50% in the current test settings. So even if the BR gets beat, it will ultimately come down to the AR user having better aim overall.

$5 says that people will still rip on 343 constantly and say they aren’t “listening” to the community.

they are going to buff automatics as well so they are not obsolete. they are getting a damage boost, however their aim assist is being reduced too so they actually will require a bit of aiming to be effective

> $5 says that people will still rip on 343 constantly and say they aren’t “listening” to the community.

That’s what people on the internet do: complain. Don’t worry about the naysayers if you don’t agree with them.

What? They shouldn’t buff the LR. It’s perfect the way it is. I love it, and I don’t want it to be lumped in with the DMR, and end up hating myself for using it.

Please, just nerf the DMR already, 343. We’ve been asking for it for months.

Isn’t the act of bringing the other weapons up to the DMR’s level effectively nerfing it though?

Sorry everyone, but I’ll probably stick to my DMR. I need better precision and i have more control with that weapon. However, now that the BR, Carbine, and LR are getting buffed, i might as well start using them.

> I’m pretty sure a four shot BR will put it on par with an assault rifle for kill time, meaning the BR user actually has a chance if he’s caught within range of an AR user. I’m all about that.
>
> Though, I’m sure there will be a number of AR users that will find that idea unwelcome…

Which is fine. Halo has always revolved around the precision weapons and automatic weapons being situational weapons.

> > I’m pretty sure a four shot BR will put it on par with an assault rifle for kill time, meaning the BR user actually has a chance if he’s caught within range of an AR user. I’m all about that.
> >
> > Though, I’m sure there will be a number of AR users that will find that idea unwelcome…
>
> Which is fine. Halo has always revolved around the precision weapons and automatic weapons being situational weapons.

So… an Ar should pretty much always beat a BR at close range?

> > > I’m pretty sure a four shot BR will put it on par with an assault rifle for kill time, meaning the BR user actually has a chance if he’s caught within range of an AR user. I’m all about that.
> > >
> > > Though, I’m sure there will be a number of AR users that will find that idea unwelcome…
> >
> > Which is fine. Halo has always revolved around the precision weapons and automatic weapons being situational weapons.
>
> So… an Ar should pretty much always beat a BR at close range?

Depends on the person wielding it