Precision Forge Question

I have a quick question, in Reach’s Forge, you could hold LT and use the right stick for really really precise movement, i can’t figure out if that’s in Halo 4, did they remove that or re-map it to some strange combination? I realise they have magnets, but some things still require precise allignment.

I have the same question.

its gone and i’m also extremely pissed at this because its a requirement when building good quality maps, or really any map for that matter, its even more of a requirement in halo 4 because now the objects don’t scale to each other properly like they did in reach.

Agreed. I hope they fix this.

Bump for answer.

removed, unclear why, but I guess because it would be kinda useless since we have magnets. also, you could always use edit coordinates

It’s gone, they opted for magnets instead. I am -Yoinking!- pissed about it though

Precision movement of objects is not in Halo 4, as confirmed by Certain Affinity (contracted by 343i to develop Halo 4’s Forge among other Multiplayer stuff).

See the comments from Certain Affinity below this Forge Tutorial video

> “The precision movement feature on the LT was deprecated for the new magnet system (at 4:03 of the Forge Basics video) and coordinate movement (at 3:24) ability.
> It sounds like that feature was a go-to for the both of you. We are confident that you will eventually find these new features to be a superior user experience, but until that time comes we apologize for any inconvenience that this change is causing you.”

> removed, unclear why, but I guess because it would be kinda useless since we have magnets. also, you could always use edit coordinates

But that makes no sense; magnets only work for connecting items edge-to-edge. They do not work or serve any purpose when phasing objects through each other.
Magnets should just be a feature to compliment Forge; it makes no sense to actually remove existing useful features.

Agreed. Trying to level an object that doesn’t have magnets now is pretty hard.

I miss it.

I’ve figured my way around it, but I still miss it.

And zoom. Why couldn’t they have left zoom?

Still though I love this game. All of it.
Good job 343!

Great game but it would be great for this to be re added. Forge is pretty difficult now.

> removed, unclear why, but I guess because it would be kinda useless since we have magnets. also, you could always use edit coordinates

Yeah but magnets themselves are letdowns as they still miss object completly.