Pre-release, Physical or digital

I preordered Halo Infinite off of the Microsoft store. Am I getting a digital download or mailed a physical copy? I think its just the digital but I cant really find anywhere where it says so specifically.

If you order from the store through your Xbox most likely it’s digital. That’s what I got

physical media always

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

What? No forge or co op and you bought the game anyway? How dare you.

I want to get a physical copy although I am getting digital at launch and playing a day early with the New Zealand exploit.

> 2533274841519598;5:
> I want to get a physical copy although I am getting digital at launch and playing a day early with the New Zealand exploit.

Wow… Throwing out an exploit like that on Waypoint… Ooof… Not too bright.

Physical, steel-case, and for $60? What a bargain!

I bought physical steel book, but I subscribe to game pass so I’ll have it digital day one if the post is delayed.

A true Halo fan buys both!

> 2533274872013539;6:
> > 2533274841519598;5:
> > I want to get a physical copy although I am getting digital at launch and playing a day early with the New Zealand exploit.
>
> Wow… Throwing out an exploit like that on Waypoint… Ooof… Not too bright.

I think its a well known one IIRC (I discovered it on waypoint myself), I should look into the terms on it but I don’t think it violates anything too major against MS policy. Technically you arent playing the game before its released somewhere on the planet but its a good point that you should probably rather be safe than sorry lol.

Edit: did some research, definitely violates TOS but its pretty niche, also no official MS statement on enforcement and most people onlines say there was no issue. Ill probably just give it a wait and avoid bricking my game just in case though.

Digital always via gamepass as I have 3 gamers in my household!

> 2533274841519598;10:
> > 2533274872013539;6:
> > > 2533274841519598;5:
> > > I want to get a physical copy although I am getting digital at launch and playing a day early with the New Zealand exploit.
> >
> > Wow… Throwing out an exploit like that on Waypoint… Ooof… Not too bright.
>
> I think its a well known one IIRC (I discovered it on waypoint myself), I should look into the terms on it but I don’t think it violates anything too major against MS policy. Technically you arent playing the game before its released somewhere on the planet but its a good point that you should probably rather be safe than sorry lol.
>
> Edit: did some research, definitely violates TOS but its pretty niche, also no official MS statement on enforcement and most people onlines say there was no issue. Ill probably just give it a wait and avoid bricking my game just in case though.

That New Zealand glitch does not appear to work for every game. I have done it a few times but I think it was The Ascent it would not let me play it early. I saw someone saying that it does not work with global releases. I thought I was going to be able to play the game early and was excited and then found out that it just wouldn’t work for that one. I was thinking of doing the same thing myself until I found that out.