Pre-Ordering a broken Halo 5

I’m not going to tell you not to pre-order Halo 5. You can pre-order it today. But in doing so, you give up your right to complain if the game doesn’t work. Because you know it is a very real possibility.

It’s like when you buy weed from a dealer but the -Yoink- rips you off. By pre-ordering Halo 5, you’re going back to said dealer (his weed is dank after all, and Halo is a good game) but then you don’t make him scale it out in front of you so you know you’re getting a straight deal. Instead, you trust that he’s going to give you the right amount anyway. Why would you do that?

If this is you that’s your problem, but again, don’t complain. Yes, they have a responsibility to put out a working game, but 343 has shorted us all! And you know that. You’d have no one to blame but yourself.

Everyone knows the reason for MCC’s launch fail was due to it being outsourced to a dozen dev teams and then being stitched together at the last minute. Halo 4 worked fine, CEA worked fine. And even the H5 beta worked fine.

Modern, legal consumerism is different than your dealings with drug dealers. If we purchase a product ahead of time it should not negate our ability to discuss or complain about the quality of the product when released.

Also, way to perpetuate the gamer stereotype.

weed and halo are two very different things. Your red herring argument is stupid.

> 2533274857398125;2:
> Everyone knows the reason for MCC’s launch fail was due to it being outsourced to a dozen dev teams and then being stitched together at the last minute. Halo 4 worked fine, CEA worked fine. And even the H5 beta worked fine.

Bf4’s beta worked fine and look at how that turned out. What, so you think the MCC launch fail was okay? How does that in any way excuse the launch??

Edit: Halo Reach multiplayer pretty much died when 343 took charge. Halo 4 couldn’t even keep its DLC maps in multiplayer. At least CEA worked fine: it wasn’t even their game. And we all know betas are not a good reference to how a game will work at launch.

> 2533274886246836;1:
> I’m not going to tell you not to pre-order Halo 5. You can pre-order it today. But in doing so, you give up your right to complain if the game doesn’t work. Because you know it is a very real possibility.
>
> It’s like when you buy weed from a dealer but the b*tch rips you off. By pre-ordering Halo 5, you’re going back to said dealer (his weed is dank after all, and Halo is a good game) but then you don’t make him scale it out in front of you so you know you’re getting a straight deal. Instead, you trust that he’s going to give you the right amount anyway. Why would you do that?
>
> If this is you that’s your problem, but again, don’t complain. Yes, they have a responsibility to put out a working game, but 343 has shorted us all! And you know that. You’d have no one to blame but yourself.

Sorry mate, pre-ordering does not entail the forfeiture of your consumer rights.

> 2533274803493024;3:
> Modern, legal consumerism is different than your dealings with drug dealers. If we purchase a product ahead of time it should not negate our ability to discuss or complain about the quality of the product when released.
>
> Also, way to perpetuate the gamer stereotype.

I get that they’re different, but maybe my comparison would speak to people. It doesn’t negate your ability to complain but it does negate your right to do so. Learn from the past maybe? We’ve all seen how the MCC was. Why would you not be more cautious with Halo 5?

Continuing the analogy, the dealer then profusely apologised, continued to give you dribs and drabs here and there for free, offered you a chunk of his own stash, the good stuff (Relic and ODST) and even let you try the next batch.
Not looking like such a bad guy now, is he?

> 2533274792065063;6:
> > 2533274886246836;1:
> > I’m not going to tell you not to pre-order Halo 5. You can pre-order it today. But in doing so, you give up your right to complain if the game doesn’t work. Because you know it is a very real possibility.
> >
> > It’s like when you buy weed from a dealer but the b*tch rips you off. By pre-ordering Halo 5, you’re going back to said dealer (his weed is dank after all, and Halo is a good game) but then you don’t make him scale it out in front of you so you know you’re getting a straight deal. Instead, you trust that he’s going to give you the right amount anyway. Why would you do that?
> >
> > If this is you that’s your problem, but again, don’t complain. Yes, they have a responsibility to put out a working game, but 343 has shorted us all! And you know that. You’d have no one to blame but yourself.
>
>
> Sorry mate, pre-ordering does not entail the forfeiture of your consumer rights.

What can you say when you buy a broken product you knew could easily be broken?

> 2533274886246836;9:
> > 2533274792065063;6:
> > > 2533274886246836;1:
> > > I’m not going to tell you not to pre-order Halo 5. You can pre-order it today. But in doing so, you give up your right to complain if the game doesn’t work. Because you know it is a very real possibility.
> > >
> > > It’s like when you buy weed from a dealer but the b*tch rips you off. By pre-ordering Halo 5, you’re going back to said dealer (his weed is dank after all, and Halo is a good game) but then you don’t make him scale it out in front of you so you know you’re getting a straight deal. Instead, you trust that he’s going to give you the right amount anyway. Why would you do that?
> > >
> > > If this is you that’s your problem, but again, don’t complain. Yes, they have a responsibility to put out a working game, but 343 has shorted us all! And you know that. You’d have no one to blame but yourself.
> >
> >
> >
> > Sorry mate, pre-ordering does not entail the forfeiture of your consumer rights.
>
>
> What can you say when you buy a broken product you knew could easily be broken?

Give me my money back?

> 2533274932540799;8:
> Continuing the analogy, the dealer then profusely apologised, continued to give you dribs and drabs here and there for free, offered you a chunk of his own stash, the good stuff (Relic and ODST) and even let you try the next batch.
> Not looking like such a bad guy now, is he?

Still haven’t gotten those, have we? The MCC playlist populations are already way down. Even if the game was fixed, playlist populations are so down it still wouldn’t work as well. One map isn’t enough to get a lot of people back online and we aren’t even getting firefight with ODST. Way too little way too late

It is expected that each game developer are able to successfully develop a game. If they don’t do that, their jobs, then the consumers have the right to complain.

> 2533274792065063;10:
> > 2533274886246836;9:
> > > 2533274792065063;6:
> > > > 2533274886246836;1:
> > > > I’m not going to tell you not to pre-order Halo 5. You can pre-order it today. But in doing so, you give up your right to complain if the game doesn’t work. Because you know it is a very real possibility.
> > > >
> > > > It’s like when you buy weed from a dealer but the b*tch rips you off. By pre-ordering Halo 5, you’re going back to said dealer (his weed is dank after all, and Halo is a good game) but then you don’t make him scale it out in front of you so you know you’re getting a straight deal. Instead, you trust that he’s going to give you the right amount anyway. Why would you do that?
> > > >
> > > > If this is you that’s your problem, but again, don’t complain. Yes, they have a responsibility to put out a working game, but 343 has shorted us all! And you know that. You’d have no one to blame but yourself.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Sorry mate, pre-ordering does not entail the forfeiture of your consumer rights.
> >
> >
> >
> > What can you say when you buy a broken product you knew could easily be broken?
>
>
> Give me my money back?

Well there you go, problem solved. I wouldn’t call that complaining

> 2533274882881665;12:
> It is expected that each game developer are able to successfully develop a game. If they don’t do that, their jobs, then the consumers have the right to complain.

Like how they successfully developed the MCC. Consumers should be smart enough not to throw money at these guys after that. If not, then they deserve the money for the job they did

> 2533274886246836;1:
> I’m not going to tell you not to pre-order Halo 5. You can pre-order it today. But in doing so, you give up your right to complain if the game doesn’t work. Because you know it is a very real possibility.
>
> It’s like when you buy weed from a dealer but the b*tch rips you off. By pre-ordering Halo 5, you’re going back to said dealer (his weed is dank after all, and Halo is a good game) but then you don’t make him scale it out in front of you so you know you’re getting a straight deal. Instead, you trust that he’s going to give you the right amount anyway. Why would you do that?
>
> If this is you that’s your problem, but again, don’t complain. Yes, they have a responsibility to put out a working game, but 343 has shorted us all! And you know that. You’d have no one to blame but yourself.

Who the hell are you to lecture the entire community or tell people what rights they do and do not have?

I’m so sick of these unnecessary topics from people up on their high horse, who come off smug as -Yoink- and looking down their noses at people who preorder. It’s a video game, it’s $60, 99% of retailers allow you to cancel your preorder at any time and in no way does preordering at all impact your ability or right to give feedback or voice dissatisfaction about the product.

We do not need another preorder thread in this forum until we find out the contents of the Limited Editions and then have a debate on whether or not the items in those editions are worth the asking prices. Until then, just give it a rest already.

> 2533274800197828;15:
> > 2533274886246836;1:
> > I’m not going to tell you not to pre-order Halo 5. You can pre-order it today. But in doing so, you give up your right to complain if the game doesn’t work. Because you know it is a very real possibility.
> >
> > It’s like when you buy weed from a dealer but the b*tch rips you off. By pre-ordering Halo 5, you’re going back to said dealer (his weed is dank after all, and Halo is a good game) but then you don’t make him scale it out in front of you so you know you’re getting a straight deal. Instead, you trust that he’s going to give you the right amount anyway. Why would you do that?
> >
> > If this is you that’s your problem, but again, don’t complain. Yes, they have a responsibility to put out a working game, but 343 has shorted us all! And you know that. You’d have no one to blame but yourself.
>
>
> Who the hell are you to lecture the entire community or tell people what rights they do and do not have?
>
> I’m so sick of these unnecessary topics from people up on their high horse, who come off smug as -Yoink- and looking down their noses at people who preorder. It’s a video game, it’s $60, 99% of retailers allow you to cancel your preorder at any time and in no way does preordering at all impact your ability or right to give feedback or voice dissatisfaction about the product.
>
> We do not need another preorder thread in this forum until we find out the contents of the Limited Editions and then have a debate on whether or not the items in those editions are worth the asking prices. Until then, just give it a rest already.

hahaha

Going to leave this here, if you have the time

> 2533274898131165;17:
> Going to leave this here, if you have the time
>
> - YouTube

Get that -Yoink- outta here.

At this point, that video is being spammed everywhere.

What you going to show us next? A community letter?

> 2533274898131165;17:
> Going to leave this here, if you have the time
>
> - YouTube

It’s a step up from his other video. I didn’t really agree with all the points in the first one.

> 2533274792065063;18:
> > 2533274898131165;17:
> > Going to leave this here, if you have the time
> >
> > - YouTube
>
>
> Get that -Yoink- outta here.
>
> At this point, that video is being spammed everywhere.
>
> What you going to show us next? A community letter?

Dude, how about you get out? My thread anyway. The video just so happens to be relevant to this post, we don’t need your attitude