Pre-Order / Tech Preview

So, I like many others have pre-ordered Halo Infinite the moment it became available. Can I get a guarantee to join the next flight for the Tec preview?

I for one am all in with Halo and in it for the next 10 years with it.

Pre ordering does not give you a guarantee to join the next flight/tech preview, you still gotta sign up to be an insider and follow all directions, also if you have not logged a lot of multiplayer hours on MCC multiplayer, and are still doing so, then I would expect that greatly decreases your chances of getting selected for a flight.

> 2535468804279224;2:
> Pre ordering does not give you a guarantee to join the next flight/tech preview, you still gotta sign up to be an insider and follow all directions, also if you have not logged a lot of multiplayer hours on MCC multiplayer, and are still doing so, then I would expect that greatly decreases your chances of getting selected for a flight.

Why would not playing MCC mean you get less of a chance to play?
I want to play Infinite not MCC.

I don’t think that playing more of mcc is the main factor. It’s more of roll of the dice. I’ve been lucky enough to be in the flight but I believe it was mainly due to the fact I still have the original 2013 xbox one, nothing more. This next up flight tech preview they said they will be inviting even more. So the chances of you getting in is a greater chance than before.

> 2533275030042825;3:
> > 2535468804279224;2:
> > Pre ordering does not give you a guarantee to join the next flight/tech preview, you still gotta sign up to be an insider and follow all directions, also if you have not logged a lot of multiplayer hours on MCC multiplayer, and are still doing so, then I would expect that greatly decreases your chances of getting selected for a flight.
>
> Why would not playing MCC mean you get less of a chance to play?
> I want to play Infinite not MCC.

I am only speculating here, but I would think that 343 would not pick people who don’t spend much time on MCC/H5 multiplayer, as those people are less likely to be very familiar or proficient with Halo multiplayer, and as such are less likely to provide 343 with feedback/bugs they found in the Halo Infinite flight, which is the whole reason that 343 does the flighting in the first place. Again I am only speculating that this is a strategy 343 uses.

> 2535439131359122;4:
> I don’t think that playing more of mcc is the main factor. It’s more of roll of the dice. I’ve been lucky enough to be in the flight but I believe it was mainly due to the fact I still have the original 2013 xbox one, nothing more. This next up flight tech preview they said they will be inviting even more. So the chances of you getting in is a greater chance than before.

While I don’t know your exact situation, I do think that there are certain things 343 looks for when selecting flight participants, but if you are still running an OG xbox one, then I would agree that is a likely thing that helped your candidacy for flighting, as 343 probably does not have many OG xbox ones signing up for flighting, and they need the test data from them.

> 2535468804279224;5:
> > 2533275030042825;3:
> > > 2535468804279224;2:
> > > Pre ordering does not give you a guarantee to join the next flight/tech preview, you still gotta sign up to be an insider and follow all directions, also if you have not logged a lot of multiplayer hours on MCC multiplayer, and are still doing so, then I would expect that greatly decreases your chances of getting selected for a flight.
> >
> > Why would not playing MCC mean you get less of a chance to play?
> > I want to play Infinite not MCC.
>
> I am only speculating here, but I would think that 343 would not pick people who don’t spend much time on MCC/H5 multiplayer, as those people are less likely to be very familiar or proficient with Halo multiplayer, and as such are less likely to provide 343 with feedback/bugs they found in the Halo Infinite flight, which is the whole reason that 343 does the flighting in the first place. Again I am only speculating that this is a strategy 343 uses.

I can understand and follow the logic, but I was heavily playing MCC prior to the first flight so I’d comfortably say it’s not the case, if H5 was on PC I’d play daily, unfortunately it’s not. Still, hyped for PC Infinite!

> 2533275030042825;1:
> So, I like many others have pre-ordered Halo Infinite the moment it became available. Can I get a guarantee to join the next flight for the Tec preview?
>
> I for one am all in with Halo and in it for the next 10 years with it.

> 2535468804279224;2:
> Pre ordering does not give you a guarantee to join the next flight/tech preview, you still gotta sign up to be an insider and follow all directions, also if you have not logged a lot of multiplayer hours on MCC multiplayer, and are still doing so, then I would expect that greatly decreases your chances of getting selected for a flight.

Just to clarify,
If you want to be in a Halo Infinite Flight - you need to be a Halo Insider.
343i look at 2 things when they choose for Flights.

-343 want a range of hardware, PC, OG Xbox One’s, Series Consoles, all of it. This is a tech preview, they need to trial the game on a variety of used set ups

-343 look at the length of time players have been a Halo Insider. The longer you’ve been in the program, you’ve got first dibs.

Pre ordering Halo Infinite will not get you access to Flights. There will not be a beta either, only Flights. Flighting is pre & post launch, meaning you get to try the game early & test new features and see new content before it goes public after launch too.

Your playtime in MCC or any other Halo game is NOT a contributing factor to wether you get selected for a Flight.

Each Flight for Halo Infinite is set to invite more and more people. If you don’t get to play in the next one you will be invited eventually. They plan to have all Halo Insiders play at least once before launch.

Sign up for Halo Insider on HaloWaypoint, have all of your information up to date, turn communications on and wait. You’ll be notified on when and how to play when the time comes.

> 2533274865778947;8:
> > 2533275030042825;1:
> > So, I like many others have pre-ordered Halo Infinite the moment it became available. Can I get a guarantee to join the next flight for the Tec preview?
> >
> > I for one am all in with Halo and in it for the next 10 years with it.
>
>
>
> > 2535468804279224;2:
> > Pre ordering does not give you a guarantee to join the next flight/tech preview, you still gotta sign up to be an insider and follow all directions, also if you have not logged a lot of multiplayer hours on MCC multiplayer, and are still doing so, then I would expect that greatly decreases your chances of getting selected for a flight.
>
> -343 look at the length of time players have been a Halo Insider. The longer you’ve been in the program, you’ve got first dibs.
> Pre ordering Halo Infinite will not get you access to Flights. There will not be a beta either, only Flights. Flighting is pre & post launch, it’s a Xbox specific program.

lots of people have been complaining they didn’t get picked when they have been insiders since the insider program started and I got in after being an insider for about a month (as did many people), the only thing they care about is getting a good mix of players on different platforms (different xbox consoles and array of pc specs) the rest is 100% random

> 2535432853005140;9:
> > 2533274865778947;8:
> > > 2533275030042825;1:
> > > So, I like many others have pre-ordered Halo Infinite the moment it became available. Can I get a guarantee to join the next flight for the Tec preview?
> > >
> > > I for one am all in with Halo and in it for the next 10 years with it.
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2535468804279224;2:
> > > Pre ordering does not give you a guarantee to join the next flight/tech preview, you still gotta sign up to be an insider and follow all directions, also if you have not logged a lot of multiplayer hours on MCC multiplayer, and are still doing so, then I would expect that greatly decreases your chances of getting selected for a flight.
> >
> > -343 look at the length of time players have been a Halo Insider. The longer you’ve been in the program, you’ve got first dibs.
> > Pre ordering Halo Infinite will not get you access to Flights. There will not be a beta either, only Flights. Flighting is pre & post launch, it’s a Xbox specific program.
>
> lots of people have been complaining they didn’t get picked when they have been insiders since the insider program started and I got in after being an insider for about a month (as did many people), the only thing they care about is getting a good mix of players on different platforms (different xbox consoles and array of pc specs) the rest is 100% random

Not quite true, 343i’s own blog post mentioned that two things I mentioned above as their priority. It may not have been their only factor but it’s definitely how the majority of players got in.

Like I said, a good mix of hardware is important too, if newer players meet that hardware criteria they’re looking for then it’s entirely possibly for them to get in too.
I have many friends who had only signed up recently too, they had a Series X or S and got in to play.