Pre-Order - Did I make the right decision?

Forgive this pseudo-blog post, but I’d like opinions on the pre-order purchase I’m making.

I was a little late to the pre-order scene this time around and the places I wanted to order the Limited Edition from had all run out by the time I went. I did pre-order a Standard at my local Gamestop, and I’ll be picking that up at Midnight and attending mainly for the experience.

Since I’ve been watching Halo 4’s development like I did with Reach, I wanted to order a special edition of the game. But Limited is becoming increasingly…well, limited, and there are some additional things I would need as well.

So I decided to purchase the Console Bundle. My reasons being are:

-I need a new controller. Mine is kinda falling apart at the moment, and it would cost around the same price to buy one separately anyway. And the Bundle comes with two of them.

-I’m running out of space on my HDD. I only have 60 GB total with 13 GB left for Halo 4. I don’t think I’ll need to worry about space with a 320 GB HDD. Plus my brother could use the 60 GB HDD instead of his 8 GB USB Drive, and I can give the Gamestop copy to him too.

-My headset is currently being held together with medical tape. I thought about buying Turtle Beaches along with a Limited edition instead, but then I’d still need the controller and extra space. I figure I’ll stick with a standard headset again, as I can run the audio through my massive computer speakers.

-Looked at the Limited Edition content and the only real pros are the special case and the Forward Unto Dawn video.

-The Console looks amazing. The lights on the controllers and the console are blue instead of green, the design looks very unique, AND it makes Halo sounds. What’s not to love?

Again, I realize this is a more personal thread and I apologize if it seems a bit self-centered. However, I’m merely asking for your opinions on the direction I took based on what I needed. Do you think it would have been better to just purchase things more modestly and separately, or was it better to just get the bundle?

If you guys pre-ordered too, what direction did you go?

Weather or not it was a good idea depends on your budget. If you can afford to do this, It sounds like a good idea.

If I had the money I would of got the console looks good. But halo 4 comes out 10 days before I get my first big pay check from my new job.

Seriously if You have $60 go for standard, if you have $85 go for standard plus map pack, if you have $100 go for standard plus map pack and save yourself $15. If you have money for the console get it.

I got LE but only because I could get it $10 cheaper.

At this point, to be honest, I think your logic is pretty sound. With the news that the WGMP included with the LE does NOT include the WGMP bonuses that you get if you buy it separately…eh, IMO there’s not really that much of a benefit to getting the LE. The console DOES look really badass and I love the fact that it lights up.

I think the bottom line is that if you’re satisfied with your decision and have good reasons for it then why not? Go for it! Halo 4 only launches once. :slight_smile:

> At this point, to be honest, I think your logic is pretty sound. With the news that the WGMP included with the LE does NOT include the WGMP bonuses that you get if you buy it separately…eh, IMO there’s not really that much of a benefit to getting the LE. The console DOES look really badass and I love the fact that it lights up.
>
> I think the bottom line is that if you’re satisfied with your decision and have good reasons for it then why not? Go for it! Halo 4 only launches once. :slight_smile:

So what would that read as - H4OLO? :smiley:

Thanks! I think I’m confident with this, but I do have a few doubts mainly because I’m unsure about that whole extra War Games Map Pack thing and the bundle just comes with a standard edition.

But I guess a new Xbox couldn’t hurt!

> At this point, to be honest, I think your logic is pretty sound. With the news that the WGMP included with the LE does NOT include the WGMP bonuses that you get if you buy it separately…eh, IMO there’s not really that much of a benefit to getting the LE. The console DOES look really badass and I love the fact that it lights up.
>
> I think the bottom line is that if you’re satisfied with your decision and have good reasons for it then why not? Go for it! Halo 4 only launches once. :slight_smile:

What? The LE won’t give you Strider, Scanner, and the falcon? Was this in the bulletin?

Sorry first time on all day.

> > At this point, to be honest, I think your logic is pretty sound. With the news that the WGMP included with the LE does NOT include the WGMP bonuses that you get if you buy it separately…eh, IMO there’s not really that much of a benefit to getting the LE. The console DOES look really badass and I love the fact that it lights up.
> >
> > I think the bottom line is that if you’re satisfied with your decision and have good reasons for it then why not? Go for it! Halo 4 only launches once. :slight_smile:
>
> So what would that read as - H4OLO? :smiley:
>
> Thanks! I think I’m confident with this, but I do have a few doubts mainly because I’m unsure about that whole extra War Games Map Pack thing and the bundle just comes with a standard edition.
>
> But I guess a new Xbox couldn’t hurt!

LOL! Yes, I supposed H4OLO is a good way of putting that. :stuck_out_tongue:

As far as the WGMP thing goes…if you want the extra shiny helmets then I guess you WOULDN’T want to get the LE. I mean, if you’re getting the console already, the only thing the game is really missing is the map packs plus a few small other digital things, right?

I’d get the console and the WGMP separately and not even think twice about the LE and the extra 15 minutes of the FuD BTS stuff.

Another Goat?! What the hell? Too many of you guys! :stuck_out_tongue:

> > At this point, to be honest, I think your logic is pretty sound. With the news that the WGMP included with the LE does NOT include the WGMP bonuses that you get if you buy it separately…eh, IMO there’s not really that much of a benefit to getting the LE. The console DOES look really badass and I love the fact that it lights up.
> >
> > I think the bottom line is that if you’re satisfied with your decision and have good reasons for it then why not? Go for it! Halo 4 only launches once. :slight_smile:
>
> What? The LE won’t give you Strider, Scanner, and the falcon? Was this in the bulletin?
>
> Sorry first time on all day.

bs angel confirmed it here.

> > So what would that read as - H4OLO? :smiley:
> >
> > Thanks! I think I’m confident with this, but I do have a few doubts mainly because I’m unsure about that whole extra War Games Map Pack thing and the bundle just comes with a standard edition.
> >
> > But I guess a new Xbox couldn’t hurt!
>
> LOL! Yes, I supposed H4OLO is a good way of putting that. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> As far as the WGMP thing goes…if you want the extra shiny helmets then I guess you WOULDN’T want to get the LE. I mean, if you’re getting the console already, the only thing the game is really missing is the map packs plus a few small other digital things, right?
>
> I’d get the console and the WGMP separately and not even think twice about the LE and the extra 15 minutes of the FuD BTS stuff.

Thank you for clearing that up.

In the end it seems as though the LE gets the short straw.

I guess I’m not the only one who uses tap when something snaps on the mic. My old Xbox headphones snapped, but still worked so I tapped it together.

After a while, I bought turtle beaches.

> > > So what would that read as - H4OLO? :smiley:
> > >
> > > Thanks! I think I’m confident with this, but I do have a few doubts mainly because I’m unsure about that whole extra War Games Map Pack thing and the bundle just comes with a standard edition.
> > >
> > > But I guess a new Xbox couldn’t hurt!
> >
> > LOL! Yes, I supposed H4OLO is a good way of putting that. :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > As far as the WGMP thing goes…if you want the extra shiny helmets then I guess you WOULDN’T want to get the LE. I mean, if you’re getting the console already, the only thing the game is really missing is the map packs plus a few small other digital things, right?
> >
> > I’d get the console and the WGMP separately and not even think twice about the LE and the extra 15 minutes of the FuD BTS stuff.
>
> Thank you for clearing that up.
>
> In the end it seems as though the LE gets the short straw.

Microsoft’s gr€€d strikes again.

Yea, LE buyers got ripped. They already had to cope with missing out on the H4 Console exclusives, and now this. Is the Recruit armor a LE exclusive, or only the Prime armor skin for use on the Recruit armor?

I think right now that you made the right choice goat. As surprising as that might sound.

I would have done the same thing but I just replaced a white 360 with a slim 250Gb. I’ll wait for the next Halo 5 console bundle now but have fun making us all jelly with you eject tray sounds mate :slight_smile:

> Yea, LE buyers got ripped. They already had to cope with missing out on the H4 Console exclusives, and now this. Is the Recruit armor a LE exclusive, or only the Prime armor skin for use on the Recruit armor?

From what I understand, Recruit armor is default but the Prime skin is exclusive to LE.

You do what you think is right. I pre-ordered both the LE and Limited Xbox so i’m good and attending the midnight release at my local GameStop.

> > Yea, LE buyers got ripped. They already had to cope with missing out on the H4 Console exclusives, and now this. Is the Recruit armor a LE exclusive, or only the Prime armor skin for use on the Recruit armor?
>
> From what I understand, Recruit armor is default but the Prime skin is exclusive to LE.

Wow, even worse. It seems everyone thought they were getting exclusive armor with their LE.

Ima go dark and wait untill black friday. Dark Souls dlc will keep me busy till then.

YOU MAD FOOL WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

Kidding.

But seriously. It’s your hard earned money. You spend it however you like. You just happen to have chosen to spend it on something RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME. I’d say you made the right choice given your options.

Where is the option of giving me your money so I can by the h4box… goat?