Pre-load campaign/multiplayer

So I was thinking, for the PC version of Infinite, can we get the ability to pre-load the game? For those of you who do not know, pre loading is when you can download the locked files for a game in advance. And then when the game releases, the files are unlocked and the game can be played. It makes it a lot more convenient because you don’t have to wait to download the files day one and you can just start playing the game.

I don’t do any PC gaming, so I’m not sure how preloading would work in this case. On the Xbox, you can’t datamine it as far as I know. On the PC, if you have the files, can’t you basically get all of the info before the release date and really mess stuff up for others if you wanted to?

Again, I don’t PC, so I’m not sure.

Ah, I know what this is because some games on Nintendo Switch can be ‘pre-loaded’ onto the console before their release date. I never actually pre-loaded any games, though. As for Halo Infinite, since I plan on getting the physical version, I shouldn’t have to wait for the base files to be downloaded.
…wait. I forgot most modern games don’t actually store the data on the disks. Well, what is the point of a CD-disk if it is essentially just a glorified digital download code?

> 2535406260637191;3:
> Ah, I know what this is because some games on Nintendo Switch can be ‘pre-loaded’ onto the console before their release date. I never actually pre-loaded any games, though. As for Halo Infinite, since I plan on getting the physical version, I shouldn’t have to wait for the base files to be downloaded.
> …wait. I forgot most modern games don’t actually store the data on the disks. Well, what is the point of a CD-disk if it is essentially just a glorified digital download code?

it acts as authentication

> 2535458188883243;4:
> > 2535406260637191;3:
> > Ah, I know what this is because some games on Nintendo Switch can be ‘pre-loaded’ onto the console before their release date. I never actually pre-loaded any games, though. As for Halo Infinite, since I plan on getting the physical version, I shouldn’t have to wait for the base files to be downloaded.
> > …wait. I forgot most modern games don’t actually store the data on the disks. Well, what is the point of a CD-disk if it is essentially just a glorified digital download code?
>
> it acts as authentication

I miss the days when the disk had all the info and when you would put it in, you would get your game.

> 2591580321307319;2:
> I don’t do any PC gaming, so I’m not sure how preloading would work in this case. On the Xbox, you can’t datamine it as far as I know. On the PC, if you have the files, can’t you basically get all of the info before the release date and really mess stuff up for others if you wanted to?
>
> Again, I don’t PC, so I’m not sure.

Well, the files are locked, and many companies have done preloading before. The most recent example being Black Ops: Cold War, and there were practically no leaks prior to launch. Another example being Half Life 2.

pre loading is available on consoles also…lol

> 2533274861671321;7:
> pre loading is available on consoles also…lol

really? huh… i didn’t know

Yeah preloading should be a thing. I preloaded Gears 5 and a couple other games on Game Pass on PC. Steam also has preloading features. I don’t see why it shouldn’t work.

> 2535428777172366;8:
> > 2533274861671321;7:
> > pre loading is available on consoles also…lol
>
> really? huh… i didn’t know

Yea I mean I don’t know if it will be available for halo but it has been for other games.