Pre-game Lobby UI Update

We all know the pre-game lobby in Halo 5 is terrible. All you can see is other players emblems. I’m sure 343i is working on an update, I thought it would be good to list what we want to be able to see on it.
I feel like it should still just show the emblems at first, to keep the screen clean, but then show more detail when you highlight an emblem.
It should show the players Spartan in their stance with the emblem behind them.
Stats displayed:
SR rank
Current playlist rank(for ranked matches)
W/L ratio for playlist
KD/KDA for playlist
Maybe best weapon for playlist

Anything I’m missing?

Copy the Halo: Reach style UI. It was perfect.

> 2533274968231926;1:
> We all know the pre-game lobby in Halo 5 is terrible. All you can see is other players emblems**. I’m sure 343i is working on an update,** I thought it would be good to list what we want to be able to see on it.
> I feel like it should still just show the emblems at first, to keep the screen clean, but then show more detail when you highlight an emblem.
> It should show the players Spartan in their stance with the emblem behind them.
> Stats displayed:
> SR rank
> Current playlist rank(for ranked matches)
> W/L ratio for playlist
> KD/KDA for playlist
> Maybe best weapon for playlist
>
> Anything I’m missing?

nah if they didn’t update the UI now then there’s no way they will update it in the future.

I don’t mind the current lobby, it is built to get you to the game as quickly as possible. If you want to stalk other players you can do so on your own time post game.

Bring back Halo 3’s UI.

> 2533274968231926;1:
> I’m sure 343i is working on an update

Haha, good one.

Anyway, I’d actually remove the stats from the social playlists.

If it’s taken them this long it’s just more incompetence from 343. It takes them so long to do things that any other developer does in half the time.

> 2533274968231926;1:
> We all know the pre-game lobby in Halo 5 is terrible. All you can see is other players emblems. I’m sure 343i is working on an update, I thought it would be good to list what we want to be able to see on it.
> I feel like it should still just show the emblems at first, to keep the screen clean, but then show more detail when you highlight an emblem.
> It should show the players Spartan in their stance with the emblem behind them.
> Stats displayed:
> SR rank
> Current playlist rank(for ranked matches)
> W/L ratio for playlist
> KD/KDA for playlist
> Maybe best weapon for playlist
>
> Anything I’m missing?

I agree but dont show sr and playlist rank because if people sww they will go against higher ranks they will most likely dashboard.

> 2533274843260367;3:
> > 2533274968231926;1:
> > We all know the pre-game lobby in Halo 5 is terrible. All you can see is other players emblems**. I’m sure 343i is working on an update,** I thought it would be good to list what we want to be able to see on it.
> > I feel like it should still just show the emblems at first, to keep the screen clean, but then show more detail when you highlight an emblem.
> > It should show the players Spartan in their stance with the emblem behind them.
> > Stats displayed:
> > SR rank
> > Current playlist rank(for ranked matches)
> > W/L ratio for playlist
> > KD/KDA for playlist
> > Maybe best weapon for playlist
> >
> > Anything I’m missing?
>
>
> nah if they didn’t update the UI now then there’s no way they will update it in the future.

They’re still rolling out updates and I’m sure enough people have complained that its on their list of things to do.

the current UI doesn’t show K/D, W/L, or playlist ranking because they dont want players to feel intimidated before the game starts and then leave. But I agree that they should at least show us what there Spartan looks like, their SR rank, their gamer tag, and their stance.

> 2533274949743263;8:
> > 2533274968231926;1:
> > We all know the pre-game lobby in Halo 5 is terrible. All you can see is other players emblems. I’m sure 343i is working on an update, I thought it would be good to list what we want to be able to see on it.
> > I feel like it should still just show the emblems at first, to keep the screen clean, but then show more detail when you highlight an emblem.
> > It should show the players Spartan in their stance with the emblem behind them.
> > Stats displayed:
> > SR rank
> > Current playlist rank(for ranked matches)
> > W/L ratio for playlist
> > KD/KDA for playlist
> > Maybe best weapon for playlist
> >
> > Anything I’m missing?
>
>
> I agree but dont show sr and playlist rank because if people sww they will go against higher ranks they will most likely dashboard.

Once you’re already matched up, its considered quitting and 343 is quick enough to ban people, that it will deter most people.

> 2533274968231926;11:
> > 2533274949743263;8:
> > > 2533274968231926;1:
> > > We all know the pre-game lobby in Halo 5 is terrible. All you can see is other players emblems. I’m sure 343i is working on an update, I thought it would be good to list what we want to be able to see on it.
> > > I feel like it should still just show the emblems at first, to keep the screen clean, but then show more detail when you highlight an emblem.
> > > It should show the players Spartan in their stance with the emblem behind them.
> > > Stats displayed:
> > > SR rank
> > > Current playlist rank(for ranked matches)
> > > W/L ratio for playlist
> > > KD/KDA for playlist
> > > Maybe best weapon for playlist
> > >
> > > Anything I’m missing?
> >
> >
> > I agree but dont show sr and playlist rank because if people sww they will go against higher ranks they will most likely dashboard.
>
>
> Once you’re already matched up, its considered quitting and 343 is quick enough to ban people, that it will deter most people.

Ya that is true.

I agree an update to the UI is badly needed, but I have to disagree about displaying stats like K/D. For many people, the pressure to maintain decent stats takes a lot of fun out of the game. Showing them in-game would only cause more people to act like sweaty tryhards. People who enjoy padding their stats can look them up online, and it seems fine that way. Personally, I would be ok if K/D and W/L weren’t tracked at all, anywhere. But that’s just me.

If anything the UI should display how many players are partied up together, like it did in Reach, and of course stances, armor, and rank. I like your idea about displaying more info when you highlight an emblem.

Halo 3’s UI was GOD TIER.
It had everything OP mentioned and more.
There’s literally NOTHING to “innovate” on here 343, just pop in Halo 3 and COPY THE DAMN UI.

The reason it doesn’t show rank.(or stats)

Is to keep people from quitting if they see high ranks.

I would like a post game improvement that allows players to party up. Why did they take that away?

> 2535437385658490;14:
> Halo 3’s UI was GOD TIER.
> It had everything OP mentioned and more.
> There’s literally NOTHING to “innovate” on here 343, just pop in Halo 3 and COPY THE DAMN UI.

I’d argue Reach had a superior UI to Halo 3, mainly because you had to dig through the menus a bit to see a player’s Spartan in 3 while a simple press of right on the d-pad did the same thing in Reach. Both are still infinitely better than 5’s UI, that’s for sure…