Pre-game Lobby Anonymity Protects Hateful Speech

The pre-game lobby in Halo 5 drastically needs a update. Compared to its predecessors, it has downgraded drastically and some individuals have taken advantage of that.
My biggest issue is voice communication in game prior to the start of that game. You can’t tell who is talking, let alone who is in a party. In Halo Reach you could see players talking and mute specific people if you needed. In Halo 5, you can only do so once the game has started (in my experience) or just mute everyone outright.
However my issue is, some players take advantage of this anonymity in pre game to say some of the worst things imaginable.
Now I know that people will be general A-holes, and that’s the sad truth. Not everyone is nice and kind and just looking to have a good time, and I accept that, but some take it to the extreme as to go outright to say for other players to harm themselves, make obvious racially offensive comments and other things that if I were to quote word for word here they would be censored out immediately. After all that, once the game starts they stop talking. Now they might be on the opposite team but I have had cases were there would be subtle cues that let me know they were on my team. They would stop talking when people could identify them and when they couldn’t be, they’d start up again.
This anonymity protects these individuals from facing any sort of reprocussions, and allows them to get away with saying these things that normally would result in a longstanding ban if found guilty of these complaints.
The only way I can identify and file a complaint against these players is in game, which is a major inconvenience, but it’s the only way I can submit that feedback to help these players face the music and suffer the consequences of their actions (as cheesy it sounds)
So that is why I believe the Halo 5 pre game lobby needs and update. So we can identify these players and help to make the Halo community a welcoming, better and friendlier place.

I’d be fine with this.

> 2533274845604770;1:
> The pre-game lobby in Halo 5 drastically needs a update. Compared to its predecessors, it has downgraded drastically and some individuals have taken advantage of that.
> My biggest issue is voice communication in game prior to the start of that game. You can’t tell who is talking, let alone who is in a party. In Halo Reach you could see players talking and mute specific people if you needed. In Halo 5, you can only do so once the game has started (in my experience) or just mute everyone outright.
> However my issue is, some players take advantage of this anonymity in pre game to say some of the worst things imaginable.
> Now I know that people will be general A-holes, and that’s the sad truth. Not everyone is nice and kind and just looking to have a good time, and I accept that, but some take it to the extreme as to go outright to say for other players to harm themselves, make obvious racially offensive comments and other things that if I were to quote word for word here they would be censored out immediately. After all that, once the game starts they stop talking. Now they might be on the opposite team but I have had cases were there would be subtle cues that let me know they were on my team. They would stop talking when people could identify them and when they couldn’t be, they’d start up again.
> This anonymity protects these individuals from facing any sort of reprocussions, and allows them to get away with saying these things that normally would result in a longstanding ban if found guilty of these complaints.
> The only way I can identify and file a complaint against these players is in game, which is a major inconvenience, but it’s the only way I can submit that feedback to help these players face the music and suffer the consequences of their actions (as cheesy it sounds)
> So that is why I believe the Halo 5 pre game lobby needs and update. So we can identify these players and help to make the Halo community a welcoming, better and friendlier place.

This is the reason why i just mute the Halo 5 game. So i play with no sound on Halo 5 at all, which i play better in the game with no sound.

Yep I’d agree with the OP too! The pre game lobby while looks nice, clean & classy the fact that you have to mute all players just to not hear the abusiveness of that random lonely a-hole or the noisy family who’ve just not turned off their Kinect mic is really annoying. As this & the Kinect has killed halo in-game chat, I remember in halo 1 through 3 almost everyone spoke & contributed to tatics & the game, now everyone just mutes all players at the start of the game & the in-game comms are deathly quiet.

We need an update where we can see abusive & noise spamming players including Kinect users & mute just them. Also is it possible to do an update where if halo detects Kinect audio it auto mutes it - as 99% of audio from Kinect users is audio spam & is the main reason why folks just mute all players in the lobby as the first thing they do.

I think we need both of these things to get the chat back into Halo games, as anonymity & Kinect are the main reasons why nobody talks in games anymore!

also how about an option to “stick or twist” players? Where you can opt to stick with the lobby you have or twist & join a new lobby after each match. Not a new idea I know but it is a good one, it’s what Halo 5 needs to bring the sense of community back, because right now other players might as well be just AI!

If you find a lobby you like with good players & have a great match you get auto dumped out after just one match, sometimes you want a re-match against an enemy team or even pit you skills against that one other player once more. How about being able to stay with current players if a box is checked?

please 343 take this onboard!

Wouldnt be bad to have this.