PP as secondary - I Hope Not

Soooooo In Halo 4 you can pick you secondary weapon and 1 of the options is PP and im sorry but I think that is not ok

Im hoping this was just for the E3 and RTX demo and not in, the finished game…

Well with the tracking nerfed it’s limited to being a basic defense against vehicles.

Depending on how strong the single-fire is it should be fine as it is.

I kinda like it. Not sure how many people will use secondary weapons anyway. Of course I would rather see something like the ODST silenced SMG as a secondary just for kicks.

For overcharged shots, the tracking has been reduced and I think the OC shot travels slower as well. So in short I don’t see a problem with it as a secondary weapon as it is harder to use this time around.

This, and starting with stickies could lead to some annoying close-quarters deaths.

I’m afraid of change, too.

But seriously, it won’t be that big of a deal.

The shots are more powerful but it’s slower overall is what I basically read.

spawning with noob combo FTW!!!

its highly unlikely that they’ll leave it the same as the previous halo’s, I’m sure they’ll balance it out. even if they don’t they could always balance it via update.

It’s happening. Tracking is severely nerfed however.

> It’s happening. Tracking is severely nerfed however.

It may have a nerfed tracking, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder at what point is the noob combo more effective than sticking with the BR/DMR/Carbine? Since everything looks like it will be a 5sk, just how often will a PP overcharge shot and DMR headshot beat a straight 5sk rifle in a 1v1 match?

> This, and starting with stickies could lead to some annoying close-quarters deaths.

No all of that sounds terrible
Everyone with stickies and PP

Im going to Rage for sure Kids will just run around and stick you

Yeah elite slayer 24/7

As long as the charged plasma pistol shot strips overshields then I’ll want it as my secondary. The magnum is a redundant weapon if you’re starting with other headshot rifles, and this should give a bit of a chance to counter the overshield ordnance drop in infinity slayer.

When I stare into the Abyss, I smile back at it.
I might fear the H2 Noob Combo being a loadout, but nothing indicates a H2-esque NC will be showing up in Halo4.
Can’t really have a CE-esque power combo because the battery will drain while being charged.
The H3 and HR NC’s are both very managable when alone and rarely the #1 choice of Elite Slayers.
Like…Come on man :slight_smile: Evade+Stickies+NR+PP is rarely the most used loadout in TU Elite Slayer / TU ES BTB…?
But of course, those that are good and choose the above loadout generally rock everyone else… Is it them you’re afraid of? Not the actual nOObs with a Noob Combo but the experienced players instead?
You’re afraid that you’ll have to choose the PP as a secondary just to compete even though you have an HLG to block the shot, Hologram to absorb the shot and Thruster Pack to dodge the shot? We even have more cluttered maps…

… ;D

> spawning with noob combo FTW!!!

That sounds like a bad time …

> When I stare into the Abyss, I smile back at it.
> I might fear the H2 Noob Combo being a loadout, but nothing indicates a H2-esque NC will be showing up in Halo4.
> Can’t really have a CE-esque power combo because the battery will drain while being charged.
> The H3 and HR NC’s are both very managable when alone and rarely the #1 choice of Elite Slayers.
> Like…Come on man :slight_smile: Evade+Stickies+NR+PP is rarely the most used loadout in TU Elite Slayer / TU ES BTB…?
> But of course, those that are good and choose the above loadout generally rock everyone else… Is it them you’re afraid of? Not the actual nOObs with a Noob Combo but the experienced players instead?
> You’re afraid that you’ll have to choose the PP as a secondary just to compete even though you have an HLG to block the shot, Hologram to absorb the shot and Thruster Pack to dodge the shot? We even have more cluttered maps…
>
> … ;D

The tracking is also nerfed.

Either the Plasma Pistol can’t paralyze vehicles any more, or you can’t spawn with it. It simply could not be balanced if you could spawn with it and it still paralyzed vehicles. Vehicles would be completely useless if that was the case, and I doubt 343 would implement such a horrible idea.

Thusly, I believe it no longer works on vehicles.

> Either the Plasma Pistol can’t paralyze vehicles any more, or you can’t spawn with it. It simply could not be balanced if you could spawn with it and it still paralyzed vehicles. Vehicles would be completely useless if that was the case, and I doubt 343 would implement such a horrible idea.
>
> Thusly, I believe it no longer works on vehicles.

8 people in BTB with PP’s

Vehicles don’t stand a chance

Its tracking has been nerfed as seen in some E3 footage. it seems to also Move slower then before.

As your concern for BTB i wouldn’t worry. There was no tracking on vehicles before. You had to pretty much be close up or a good shot to hit a moving vehicle.

really a PP as a secondary should be the least of your worries.

• thinks of Reach’s Invasion where nearly every Loadout for Elites gets both a PP and Plasma Nades…

/thread

it won’t be as bad as you think. don’t worry.