Power weapons?

For real…what is the purpose of having so many power weapons in each map? Weapon pads are annoying. Why do they com up so often? If there isn’t 3 power weapons, then there is at least 2 and a power up.
It’s literally just playing who can control power weapons. It’s less fun this way.
They really need to tone it down a little bit.
I understand having them in and it changing the tide, but it’s way too saturated.

Halo has always been about controlling power weapons…

> 2533274973957410;2:
> Halo has always been about controlling power weapons…

Maybe it’s his first time

It requires more teamwork and communication that way. Which is good if you play with your friends or a Spartan company, but bad if you’re a solo. Still, just some callouts to your teammates about power weapons can change the match.

> 2533274796410651;3:
> > 2533274973957410;2:
> > Halo has always been about controlling power weapons…
>
>
> Maybe it’s his first time

That doesn’t make since though seeing that their rank is Marine Bronze.

This is how it’s been in all previous Halo games. The weapons came up on a set time after pickup or after the empty weapon was dropped. And control of those has always been how you win/control the game. I like it, and it’s what has always differentiated the Halo series from other shooters.

> 2533274830575905;1:
> For real…what is the purpose of having so many power weapons in each map? Weapon pads are annoying. Why do they com up so often? If there isn’t 3 power weapons, then there is at least 2 and a power up.
> It’s literally just playing who can control power weapons. It’s less fun this way.
> They really need to tone it down a little bit.
> I understand having them in and it changing the tide, but it’s way too saturated.

Isn’t that what the screen says at the beginning of each match of slayer? “Control power weapons to eliminate the enemy.”

> 2533274803973195;7:
> > 2533274830575905;1:
> > For real…what is the purpose of having so many power weapons in each map? Weapon pads are annoying. Why do they com up so often? If there isn’t 3 power weapons, then there is at least 2 and a power up.
> > It’s literally just playing who can control power weapons. It’s less fun this way.
> > They really need to tone it down a little bit.
> > I understand having them in and it changing the tide, but it’s way too saturated.
>
>
> Isn’t that what the screen says at the beginning of each match of slayer? “Control power weapons to win.”

RIP OP

> 2533274973957410;2:
> Halo has always been about controlling power weapons…

Yes but they didn’t spawn every 30 seconds. And there was usually one or two at most plus the maps were larger not smaller. With sprint and all the abilities you would think larger maps not smaller

I don’t like the fact power weapons are so consistent. I preferred it when they seemed more rare, and there were maybe just 2 on a map with what seemed like fairly long re-spawns.

> 2533274830575905;9:
> > 2533274973957410;2:
>
>
> Yes but they didn’t spawn every 30 seconds. And there was usually one or two at most plus the maps were larger not smaller. With sprint and all the abilities you would think larger maps not smaller

except they dont respawn every 30 sec sooooo ya. And the maps are stretched out more when compared to previous smaller arena maps, truth for example is longer then it was in halo 2

> 2533274830575905;9:
> > 2533274973957410;2:
>
>
> Yes but they didn’t spawn every 30 seconds. And there was usually one or two at most plus the maps were larger not smaller. With sprint and all the abilities you would think larger maps not smaller

Excuse me the official narrative of Waypoint is the maps are now larger due to sprint but sprint is really just an illusion so they’re not larger they just seem larger.

Or something incoherent like that.

Also: power weapons don’t spawn every 30 seconds. Never have. At any point.

They were also never marked.

I was exaggerating with 30 sec.

That is what Halo has always been, they say that a perfectly balanced game is no fun, that is why older games (like doom and halo) had power weapons and power ups, ways to give one player the advantage, but unlike say, killstreaks, you have to fight to control them. This gives somewhat of an objective on slayer games, it has always been in halo (not halo 4) all halo 5 did was add waypoints and countdown timers so that in matchmaking everyone would know when a weapon was about to spawn, and you wouldn’t need to know as much about the game to be competetive.

> 2533274805497312;12:
> > 2533274830575905;9:
> > > 2533274973957410;2:
> > > Halo has always been about controlling power weapons…
> >
> >
> > Yes but they didn’t spawn every 30 seconds. And there was usually one or two at most plus the maps were larger not smaller. With sprint and all the abilities you would think larger maps not smaller
>
>
> Excuse me the official narrative of Waypoint is the maps are now larger due to sprint but sprint is really just an illusion so they’re not larger they just seem larger.
>
> Or something incoherent like that.
>
> Also: power weapons don’t spawn every 30 seconds. Never have. At any point.

Also, lets look at some other maps from past halos, Lockout had 3 power weapons (sniper, sword, shotgun), and the pit had 6 power weapons and 2 powerups (rockets, sword, 2 snipers, 2 shotguns and an over-shield and camo), I think it is safe to say that Halo has always had a lot of power weapons.

Ok I guess what I’m getting at is that I don’t like how often pads come up. Yes power weapons have been in since day on of ce. The difference was when and how often they spawned. Along with the slow pace game type matched the spawn rate. I don’t believe rapid game play should mean rapid power weapon spawns.
I also don’t remember every level having power ups.
I feel like the saturation of power ups and power weapons takes away from really testing players skill. Anyone (not everyone lol) can get a kill with a rocket launcher.
I may have explained my oppinion badly cause I was playing and raging. Lol
I shouldnt be forced to one part of the map to win. But if there is so much reliance on power weapons then that’s what happens.

Also those old maps had appropriate power weapons. Sword and shotgun go together. Rockets were rarely on small maps. The only one I can think of was prisoner.

> 2533274792540112;8:
> > 2533274803973195;7:
> > > 2533274830575905;1:
> > > For real…what is the purpose of having so many power weapons in each map? Weapon pads are annoying. Why do they com up so often? If there isn’t 3 power weapons, then there is at least 2 and a power up.
> > > It’s literally just playing who can control power weapons. It’s less fun this way.
> > > They really need to tone it down a little bit.
> > > I understand having them in and it changing the tide, but it’s way too saturated.
> >
> >
> > Isn’t that what the screen says at the beginning of each match of slayer? “Control power weapons to win.”
>
>
> RIP OP

I actually laughed out loud from this.

On topic: I’m pretty sure the sniper and rockets are on the same 3 minute timer as the previous games.

Its always been this way

> 2533274830575905;9:
> > 2533274973957410;2:
>
>
> Yes but they didn’t spawn every 30 seconds. And there was usually one or two at most

The pit had rockets, sword, 2 shotguns, 2 snipers and a powerup…

Guardian had a sniper, hammer, shotgun, camo amd OV and was tiny…

Construct had sword, sniper, laser, rockets, OV, missile pod and camo…