Power ups on Regular default slayer / Adrift

Something about regular default halo 4 slayer I want to bring up about, is power ups. I’m not sure if anyone considered this, but whose to say we wont have some power ups laying around on the map? We know reach had absent power ups from launch, but we know that they are in personal ordnance drop, in infinity slayer. They also have new power ups, which are speed and damage. It doesn’t make sense for them to keep the power ups out, I’ve missed them.

About Adrift, it doesn’t really look all that bad currently. I think the map would fare well with some white light throughout the map, ex: some of the condemned areas and swordbase. I don’t think that’s the direction it is heading though. It’s fine if they use yellowish orange lighting, especially since the map takes place near that star.

I personally think Adrift perfectly sets the mood for the infection game type. Looks like it would be pretty scary to play on. Remember that “30 days of night” map on cold storage? That’s the vibe I get for this map regarding infection. Also, just to remind people, this map just isn’t finished yet and the mech in the center that isn’t being built in any of the gameplay footage, is further proof.

> Something about regular default halo 4 slayer I want to bring up about, is power ups. I’m not sure if anyone considered this, but whose to say we wont have some power ups laying around on the map? We know reach had absent power ups from launch, but we know that they are in personal ordnance drop, in infinity slayer. They also have new power ups, which are speed and damage. It doesn’t make sense for them to keep the power ups out, I’ve missed them.
>
> About Adrift, it doesn’t really look all that bad currently. I think the map would fare well with some white light throughout the map, ex: some of the condemned areas and swordbase. I don’t think that’s the direction it is heading though. It’s fine if they use yellowish orange lighting, especially since they map takes place near that star.
>
> I personally think Adrift perfectly sets the mood for the infection game type. Looks like it would be pretty scary to play on. Remember that “30 days of night” map on cold storage? That’s the vibe I get for this map regarding infection. Also, just to remind people, this map just isn’t finished yet and the <mark>mech in the center that isn’t being built in any of the gameplay footage</mark>, is further proof.

Um it was in the gameplay videos, it was in the circular room where they got the rockets and swords. You didn’t see it because these were MLG players who wanted to be competitive and could care less about looking at the mech. Heck they even had to be told to use some of the new equipment/weapons because all they used was carbine or BR and promethean vision. I’m sure you’ll get to see when the general public plays it at the Roosterteeth Expo.

> > Something about regular default halo 4 slayer I want to bring up about, is power ups. I’m not sure if anyone considered this, but whose to say we wont have some power ups laying around on the map? We know reach had absent power ups from launch, but we know that they are in personal ordnance drop, in infinity slayer. They also have new power ups, which are speed and damage. It doesn’t make sense for them to keep the power ups out, I’ve missed them.
> >
> > About Adrift, it doesn’t really look all that bad currently. I think the map would fare well with some white light throughout the map, ex: some of the condemned areas and swordbase. I don’t think that’s the direction it is heading though. It’s fine if they use yellowish orange lighting, especially since they map takes place near that star.
> >
> > I personally think Adrift perfectly sets the mood for the infection game type. Looks like it would be pretty scary to play on. Remember that “30 days of night” map on cold storage? That’s the vibe I get for this map regarding infection. Also, just to remind people, this map just isn’t finished yet and the <mark>mech in the center that isn’t being built in any of the gameplay footage</mark>, is further proof.
>
> Um it was in the gameplay videos, it was in the circular room where they got the rockets and swords. You didn’t see it because these were MLG players who wanted to be competitive and could care less about looking at the mech. Heck they even had to be told to use some of the new equipment/weapons because all they used was carbine or BR and promethean vision. I’m sure you’ll get to see when the general public plays it at the Roosterteeth Expo.

Of course the mech was there, I was saying that the mech in their build was not being actively made. Remember the first look video, yeah, the mech was being created by the map itself, and I didn’t see that in any of the videos. Trust me, I’ve had time to look at the mech from many different views.

Yes i think thats whats going to happen with default slayer / gametypes. I talked to somebody that looked like he played the game or knew alot about it. He said power ups are back. (camo, overshield, speed boost, damage are the ones i see and hear)

> Yes i think thats whats going to happen with default slayer / gametypes. I talked to somebody that looked like he played the game or knew alot about it. He said power ups are back. (camo, overshield, speed boost, damage are the ones i see and hear)

Lol everything but camo… still nice to see os return and some new ones. I heard Damage wasn’t as powerful as thought, but the new ones may still be receiving some tweaks. I’m ready for speed, that’s going to be fun.

It’s nice to be fighting over power ups again. I can picture OV being at the top mid of Haven, but of course it wouldn’t be facing either spawn. I just hope they aren’t secluded to just Infinity slayer.

I forget who, but during one of the interviews, it was confirmed powerups would only be in Infinity Slayer. Whether that was referring to the current build or not, I don’t know.

> I forget who, but during one of the interviews, it was confirmed powerups would only be in Infinity Slayer. Whether that was referring to the current build or not, I don’t know.

If that’s true, than what a bummer. Putting them back in would spice up the gameplay a little more. It will just be AAs and new weapons…oh well. Still siked for the game.

> I forget who, but during one of the interviews, it was confirmed powerups would only be in Infinity Slayer. Whether that was referring to the current build or not, I don’t know.

Why? That doesnt make any since to have them in Infinity gametypes as ordinance drops and then not have them in regular slayer/objective? Power-ups are an integral part of Halo multiplayer and cannot be replaced, they provide the spark to Halo gameplay and encourage map movement and strategic position holding/pushes. I really hope they have power-ups back there is so much that they can do to amplify maps and gameplay.

Look at how much strategy and the dynamics they add to maps like Damnation, Prisoner, Sanctuary, Beaver Creek, Guardian, Countdown, ect… Without power-ups those maps would not provide the dynamic gameplay they do.

If they are keeping power weapons on the map, I dont see why power-ups wouldnt also be on the map they both provide essentials to Halo that make it stand out to other games and allow the maps to have a dynamic and unique flavor to them.

Meh, who needs powerups? We spawn with a jetpack on the fly, right? Camo is still a loadout option even in “regular” slayer, so that is definitely not going to be a powerup.

> Meh, who needs powerups? We spawn with a jetpack on the fly, right? Camo is still a loadout option even in “regular” slayer, so that is definitely not going to be a powerup.

Camo and jetpack should not be player abilities though, at least not in competitive play its never going to work.

> > I forget who, but during one of the interviews, it was confirmed powerups would only be in Infinity Slayer. Whether that was referring to the current build or not, I don’t know.
>
> Why? That doesnt make any since to have them in Infinity gametypes as ordinance drops and then not have them in regular slayer/objective? Power-ups are an integral part of Halo multiplayer and cannot be replaced, they provide the spark to Halo gameplay and encourage map movement and strategic position holding/pushes. I really hope they have power-ups back there is so much that they can do to amplify maps and gameplay.
>
> Look at how much strategy and the dynamics they add to maps like Damnation, Prisoner, Sanctuary, Beaver Creek, Guardian, Countdown, ect… Without power-ups those maps would not provide the dynamic gameplay they do.
>
> If they are keeping power weapons on the map, I dont see why power-ups wouldnt also be on the map they both provide essentials to Halo that make it stand out to other games and allow the maps to have a dynamic and unique flavor to them.

They probably won’t because it would be kind of bad to do that. Imagine having camo and PV at the same time. It would be hard to kill that person.

> > > I forget who, but during one of the interviews, it was confirmed powerups would only be in Infinity Slayer. Whether that was referring to the current build or not, I don’t know.
> >
> > Why? That doesnt make any since to have them in Infinity gametypes as ordinance drops and then not have them in regular slayer/objective? Power-ups are an integral part of Halo multiplayer and cannot be replaced, they provide the spark to Halo gameplay and encourage map movement and strategic position holding/pushes. I really hope they have power-ups back there is so much that they can do to amplify maps and gameplay.
> >
> > Look at how much strategy and the dynamics they add to maps like Damnation, Prisoner, Sanctuary, Beaver Creek, Guardian, Countdown, ect… Without power-ups those maps would not provide the dynamic gameplay they do.
> >
> > If they are keeping power weapons on the map, I dont see why power-ups wouldnt also be on the map they both provide essentials to Halo that make it stand out to other games and allow the maps to have a dynamic and unique flavor to them.
>
> They probably won’t because it would be kind of bad to do that. Imagine having camo and PV at the same time. It would be hard to kill that person.

Maybe your armor effect is canceled when using power ups. In infinity slayer, I couldn’t tell if they were using AAs and power ups at the same time.

It’s pretty dumb to have them exclusive to just infinity slayer.

> > > I forget who, but during one of the interviews, it was confirmed powerups would only be in Infinity Slayer. Whether that was referring to the current build or not, I don’t know.
> >
> > Why? That doesnt make any since to have them in Infinity gametypes as ordinance drops and then not have them in regular slayer/objective? Power-ups are an integral part of Halo multiplayer and cannot be replaced, they provide the spark to Halo gameplay and encourage map movement and strategic position holding/pushes. I really hope they have power-ups back there is so much that they can do to amplify maps and gameplay.
> >
> > Look at how much strategy and the dynamics they add to maps like Damnation, Prisoner, Sanctuary, Beaver Creek, Guardian, Countdown, ect… Without power-ups those maps would not provide the dynamic gameplay they do.
> >
> > If they are keeping power weapons on the map, I dont see why power-ups wouldnt also be on the map they both provide essentials to Halo that make it stand out to other games and allow the maps to have a dynamic and unique flavor to them.
>
> They probably won’t because it would be kind of bad to do that. Imagine having camo and PV at the same time. It would be hard to kill that person.

Will it not be hard to kill someone with PV+sniper with him having a unlimited range 1-shot headshot kill weapon and the ability to see through walls? Thats why you have teamwork, you dont challenge the glowing spartan with the OS or expose yourself when the enemy has camo sniper, you use teamwork to take him down.

Besides I am speaking under the notion that Camo AA’s+ Promethean vision will not be included in competitive play. Its not a fault of the AA, but nobody wants to spam camo’s and use wall-hax in competitive play in any gaming community in their current iteration. That is just not going to happen.

its said on bungie.net but apparently it is confirmed by walshy that the power ups are exclusive to infinity slayer and not sure about camo but overshield is in.

link- http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=72636622&postRepeater1-p=1#72636673

> its said on bungie.net but apparently it is confirmed by walshy that the power ups are exclusive to infinity slayer and not sure about camo but overshield is in.
>
> link- http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=72636622&postRepeater1-p=1#72636673

Hmm… Thanks

> its said on bungie.net but apparently it is confirmed by walshy that the power ups are exclusive to infinity slayer and not sure about camo but overshield is in.
>
> link- http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=72636622&postRepeater1-p=1#72636673

So power-ups are Halo’s versions of kill-streak’s now and not actually power-ups? Might as well change the name to power care packages because there is no actual power-ups in H4.

It really is a dumb idea that they are bringing back powerups after Reach only to make them exclusive to killstreaks.
They added things like Damage and Speed Boost, too. I would kill to have those during a regular match as a controllable pickup.

Probably not. It is apparently too difficult for bad players to learn how to time powerups. This was most likely the mindset Bungie used in Reach when they decided to scrap OS and Camo for Armor Lock and Active Camo.

> It really is a dumb idea that they are bringing back powerups after Reach only to make them exclusive to killstreaks.
> They added things like Damage and Speed Boost, too. I would kill to have those during a regular match as a controllable pickup.

Yeah, it’s not a good move imo. I wasn’t planning on having new powerups just for one playlist that is more codish. They should have been introduced to their default slayer, but I still hope this isn’t final. What also doesn’t make sense is that they said it’s excusive to infinity slayer, so does that mean the new powerups (or powerups in general) will not be in classic playlists as well?

> > It really is a dumb idea that they are bringing back powerups after Reach only to make them exclusive to killstreaks.
> > They added things like Damage and Speed Boost, too. I would kill to have those during a regular match as a controllable pickup.
>
> Yeah, it’s not a good move imo. I wasn’t planning on having new powerups just for one playlist that is more codish. They should have been introduced to their default slayer, but I still hope this isn’t final. What also doesn’t make sense is that they said it’s excusive to infinity slayer, so does that mean the new powerups (or powerups in general) will not be in classic playlists as well?

Overshield and Active Camo powerups were not used at all until the MLG and Classic playlists. They were still in the game.

I have a feeling they will be usable, just not in vanilla Team Slayer.