Power Up Animation questions

Why do y’all think 343 made it so that you can’t instantly have it activated?

There’s an actual object that you slap onto yourself for activation, and you can get killed before the animation is completed. Does that mean anyone else can pick up your fallen power up to use; does the object disappear or what?

> 2533274821174589;1:
> Why do y’all think 343 made it so that you can’t instantly have it activated?
>
> There’s an actual object that you slap onto yourself for activation, and you can get killed before the animation is completed. Does that mean anyone else can pick up your fallen power up to use; does the object disappear or what?

It’s a REALLY quick animation so you’d have to royally -Yoink- up to get killed during it.

The item is burned if you die whilst using it, or at least that was how it worked at the invitational event. It may have been changed.
I guess it stops people randomly walking over it by accident, and allows the area’s holder to more effectively hold the land down. All in all, I like the little touch. Give me the look of a battery/unit like in H4/5 over the balls of magic in the other games any day.

> 2533274932540799;3:
> The item is burned if you die whilst using it, or at least that was how it worked at the invitational event. It may have been changed.
> I guess it stops people randomly walking over it by accident, and allows the area’s holder to more effectively hold the land down. All in all, I like the little touch. Give me the look of a battery/unit like in H4/5 over the balls of magic in the other games any day.

I get what you mean by not accidentally running into it, but holding down the area sounds kind of campy and good on paper. Every time I get near a power up, I use it immediately before I get killed. What’s the point of guarding a power up and increasing the chance of the other team snagging it. I haven’t seenanyone do that, even the pros grab it immediately.

Balls of magic make everyone go crazy and lose there minds, the good ol days lol.

> 2533274821174589;4:
> > 2533274932540799;3:
> > The item is burned if you die whilst using it, or at least that was how it worked at the invitational event. It may have been changed.
> > I guess it stops people randomly walking over it by accident, and allows the area’s holder to more effectively hold the land down. All in all, I like the little touch. Give me the look of a battery/unit like in H4/5 over the balls of magic in the other games any day.
>
>
> I get what you mean by not accidentally running into it, but holding down the area sounds kind of campy and good on paper. Every time I get near a power up, I use it immediately before I get killed. What’s the point of guarding a power up and increasing the chance of the other team snagging it. I haven’t seenanyone do that, even the pros grab it immediately.
>
> Balls of magic make everyone go crazy and lose there minds, the good ol days lol.

I saw some gameplay of a guy standing/strafing around on it, then picking it up and backing behind the nearby wall (Fathom) to let the animation play when an enemy came along. Not sure if that was from the invitational or show floor gameplay, though. I agree that has limited application, though.

> 2533274821174589;4:
> > 2533274932540799;3:
> > The item is burned if you die whilst using it, or at least that was how it worked at the invitational event. It may have been changed.
> > I guess it stops people randomly walking over it by accident, and allows the area’s holder to more effectively hold the land down. All in all, I like the little touch. Give me the look of a battery/unit like in H4/5 over the balls of magic in the other games any day.
>
>
> I get what you mean by not accidentally running into it, but holding down the area sounds kind of campy and good on paper. Every time I get near a power up, I use it immediately before I get killed. What’s the point of guarding a power up and increasing the chance of the other team snagging it. I haven’t seenanyone do that, even the pros grab it immediately.
>
> Balls of magic make everyone go crazy and lose there minds, the good ol days lol.

holding down the area is part of map control. its not campy its good play, if you know the respawn time and only hold the area for the respawn it’s fine, the only reason to stay in an area that hasn’t got a power weapon or power up is because it commands either spawn zones or main areas of the map, BR3 on lockout for example

> 2703500133469664;6:
> > 2533274821174589;4:
> > > 2533274932540799;3:
> > > The item is burned if you die whilst using it, or at least that was how it worked at the invitational event. It may have been changed.
> > > I guess it stops people randomly walking over it by accident, and allows the area’s holder to more effectively hold the land down. All in all, I like the little touch. Give me the look of a battery/unit like in H4/5 over the balls of magic in the other games any day.
> >
> >
> > I get what you mean by not accidentally running into it, but holding down the area sounds kind of campy and good on paper. Every time I get near a power up, I use it immediately before I get killed. What’s the point of guarding a power up and increasing the chance of the other team snagging it. I haven’t seenanyone do that, even the pros grab it immediately.
> >
> > Balls of magic make everyone go crazy and lose there minds, the good ol days lol.
>
>
> holding down the area is part of map control. its not campy its good play, if you know the respawn time and only hold the area for the respawn it’s fine, the only reason to stay in an area that hasn’t got a power weapon or power up is because it commands either spawn zones or main areas of the map, BR3 on lockout for example

Yes yes, I know about map control, what I’m saying is what is the point of holding down a power up that has already appeared? It’s totally fine to patrol a power weapon or Up before it appears. The other way around, someone gets a nade on you and headshot, you will be regretting not grabbing that power up immediately.