Potential with the Future of Cortana

SPOILER!

Ok, so after I beat Halo 4 I began to wonder, is Cortana replaceable? Is it reasonable that Chief would be given another AI to guide him through levels or even better, given an alternate Cortana?

What I mean to ask is, is Cortana a unique AI or could copies of her be made? I’m not any expert on the Halo lore and such, but I thought it’d be a really interesting plot element if Chief would be given a copy of Cortana who is void of the memories of the past Cortana. That would lead to some interesting character tension.

I know that’s probably ridiculous, but it’s just a thought.

nice edit

i’d like to see a new AI

If Halsey allows them, they can make a new Cortana. Though like Cortana said herself, it won’t be her.

I’d rather have Caboose as an A.I. though.

> LOL @ “SPOILER” only after you’ve read the thread title

Yeah, I probably should’ve thought of that.

I’m hoping, and I think it entirely possible, that she gets revived in some way.

I don’t want a phantom Cortana no-one could care about.

I would like to have the one and only Cortana back : )

She’ll come back. Probably via the Composer or similar device.

maybe they could wipe her hard drive or something and bring her back. half way through the next game she starts to remember everything and goes crazy again and then the exact same ending can happen again on a new planet

Caboose would be a great addition to the Ai crowd. That would be a plus. In fact they should simply make a Halo game that revolves around the RvB guys.

> I’m hoping, and I think it entirely possible, that she gets revived in some way.
>
> I don’t want a phantom Cortana no-one could care about.
>
> I would like to have the one and only Cortana back : )

How I see it is that if there’s a Cortana no one could care about, it would make the whole situation more eerie. Chief would be forced to interact with someone who is no longer his partner, but a clone without the same emotions for him. That would just be dramatic and would screw with Chief’s mind.