Potential Shock Rifle Vehicle Accelerant Mechanics

Just wanted to put an idea out there for this “Shock Rifle” we have seen in toys that may or may not be in the game.

I have seen a lot of people saying they expect it to EMP vehicles like the plasma pistol, but I feel like that since that EMP has already been done, there could be another way to have a weapon like that interact with the vehicle sandbox. What if this “Shock Rifle” or any other EMP-like weapon for that matter, rather than disabling vehicles, actually supercharges them and causes to quickly accelerate, while at the same time removing steering control from the user.

I just felt that this would be a very cool sandbox element as it could actually even be used by teammates to give people a boost, or by enemies to send people flying off cliffs. Could lead to some great custom games as well. Obviously it would need to be balanced and would probably need to be some sort of charged effect so that its not impossible to drive vehicles anytime one of these weapons is on the map. Anyway, lemme know your thoughts on something like this.

I like this idea

But i have a feeling it will just be EMP and stun effect. Its effects were described in the shadows of reach book.

I love the way you’re thinking about this, and having even one weapon with EMP functionality is almost too much already. However, I’m not so fond of taking steering capabilities from the driver if that’s what you were suggesting. I’d prefer it to be like steering a Ghost while you’re boosting where you can’t make sharp turns or anything but you still have some level of control.

Also, you should be able to adjust the speed of your vehicle when you have this effect on. This effect could do something like double the maximum speed of your vehicle, but just like normal, you can drive slower by not pushing the analog stick as far.

This way, the driver can react to the new conditions of his vehicle and still be somewhat competent with it. Making these quick mental adjustments would become an acquired skill that could be very fun once you get used to it.

> 2535460550943257;3:
> I love the way you’re thinking about this, and having even one weapon with EMP functionality is almost too much already. However, I’m not so fond of taking steering capabilities from the driver if that’s what you were suggesting. I’d prefer it to be like steering a Ghost while you’re boosting where you can’t make sharp turns or anything but you still have some level of control.
>
> Also, you should be able to adjust the speed of your vehicle when you have this effect on. This effect could do something like double the maximum speed of your vehicle, but just like normal, you can drive slower by not pushing the analog stick as far.
>
> This way, the driver can react to the new conditions of his vehicle and still be somewhat competent with it. Making these quick mental adjustments would become an acquired skill that could be very fun once you get used to it.

Yeah definitely I think that would be great. Completely removing steering capabilities could get annoying, but I like this idea of creating a learning curve to retaining some semblance of control.

i really like this idea, but i feel like somehow you should be able to switch between modes, kinda like how guns have a semi auto and a full auto, you can have one ode for EMP to stun another player’s vehicle and a super charge mode for what you said, quick acceleration but no steering control.

Whatever they I hope they know the plasma pistol is enough emp for a lifetime

it would have only a couple shots for balancing maybe, OR could behave like halo 5 storm rifle, projectile wise. I would think if shot multiple times it could do what you said, make the vehicle go faster with no pilot control, so they would have to bail the vehicle. Epic concept