Potential Easter Egg found on Wreckage

Good morning everybody.

I have found what I believe to be another potential Easter Egg, this time on Wreckage. I haven’t heard of what I found, so I hope that it is new. Through an accidental glitch, I figured out how to partially break this map, and while reviewing footage, while looking at the sky, I happened to notice an odd formation in the clouds.

Mind’s Eye .

The cloud formation looks like it has a focused eye within it. Thoughts?

Hmm. While it resembles an eye, I somewhat doubt it is an easter egg… whatever it is won’t have any impact on me so I’m just gonna shrug that off and keep pwning n00bs in SWAT.

That’s pretty cool. I think it could be intentional. I like small easter eggs hidden by developers.

> That’s pretty cool. I think it could be intentional. I like small easter eggs hidden by developers.

Thanks, I’m glad you can appreciate this potential Easter Egg. I took a look into the forum medals and sadly, even if this is an official Easter Egg, It won’t meet qualifications for the Easter Egg forum medal as to unlock that medal, the Easter Egg has to be from the Halo 4 campaign. I wish there was a Map/Forge Easter Egg Medal as well, as there are fun little things (outside the gylphs) you can find if you look hard enough, or get dumb lucky.

Still though, this potential Easter Egg in particular was still a nice find, and I hope that somebody can either confirm this or deny it, and I dunno who I would show it to so that it can be either confirmed or denied. Maybe if it is an easter egg, I can get cut a break and get the forum medal as this is an Easter Egg that isn’t as evident or as easy to find (I had to break the map via accidental glitch to find it, lol), but that is wishful thinking ,lol.

I think getting out of the map alone should get you a medal.
Maybe you could get a medal. I think all it is is an optical illusion, but I hope the best for you.

That is very cool. Thanks for sharing that with us. I am constantly amazed at the community for finding these types of things, not to mention the developers for taking the time and effort to add them.

I highly doubt it is an optical illusion or unintentional.

> Nicely done, you have no reason to believe me (yet) but that is a part of a series of eggs that are littered throughout the franchise. Keep looking for eyes but don’t let it end there, they’re just guideposts, so to speak. If and when I make the megapost detailing these eggs and how to find/solve/see them, I’ll send you a PM to it if you want. I may end up using your pic for evidence once I figure this specific one out, if that’s OK with you. I’ll source it and everything.

Actually, I can say that I do believe you about this eye in the clouds being a part of a series of easter eggs littered throughout the franchise. I have heard talk that there are still a multitude of Easter Eggs to be discovered as far back as Halo: Combat Evolved, and I can actually believe that. If you can figure out what piece of a set of easter eggs this one is, you are more than welcome to use my picture and source it. I will keep a lookout for eyes though.

I don’t think it’s an illusion, but it’s optical all right!

Ya see what I did there…

Anyway, I do believe it’s an Easter Egg, since I don’t think they developed the clouds in a coincidental fashion to randomly form an eye. Nice catch!

Oh, and ever here back since the one with the potential Death Star? I know this going way back, but I don’t think I ever heard the outcome, if there was one.

> I don’t think it’s an illusion, but it’s optical all right!
>
> Ya see what I did there…
>
> Anyway, I do believe it’s an Easter Egg, since I don’t think they developed the clouds in a coincidental fashion to randomly form an eye. Nice catch!
>
> Oh, and ever here back since the one with the potential Death Star? I know this going way back, but I don’t think I ever heard the outcome, if there was one.

Unfortunately, nobody ever did get back with me regarding the Death Star easter egg. I PMed the forum team about it as Ozzy Oyna A2Z told me to as well as BS Angel for good measure, but nothing. I don’t think I will hear from anybody regarding that or this easter egg. Wishful thinking, but doubtful.

Whoa, where is that?

> Whoa, where is that?

You can read about that given potential easter egg RECEPTOR 17 and I found on Landfall
here .