Post your "betrayal policy"

Out of curiosity, I want to see what different people do when they get teamkilled. Also post the events in which you teamkill; what situations do you do it in or do you tend to hand out elbows to the face?

For me, it depends on the playlist I’m in, and if it was obviously deliberate. In Grifball, I totally ignore it because it was probably my fault for not being careful, but if it’s deliberate, I continue playing the game and beat their face in if they come near me swinging their hammer/sword because I have the ball, or if they do so to anyone else holding the ball. AFKers see no mercy from me, however.

In any kill-based game, I tend to avoid betrayals, so I don’t teamkill outside of the occasional idiot running towards a grenade I just threw, and I avoid revenge betraying too. AFKers get a quick shield-breaking whack to the face, however.

I welcome getting teamkilled in living dead on the human side. More ammo for my zombie killing. Ruins sprees, though. :\

I’m looking forward to seeing others’ betrayal policy.

For me it really just depends on if it looked like an accident. If there’s one guy in a wraith and everybody is going after him and I happen to get hit by someone’s grenade, I’m not gonna boot him. If a teammate just randomly kills me then I will boot him…IF I EVEN GET THE CHANCE. That’s another topic I don’t want to get in to lol. We all know that we get the chance to boot someone when it’s obviously an accident and we never get the chance when it isn’t.

I think about how they killed me, if it was an accident, like a stray grenade, but I was shot multiple times, I boot them for being stupid.

> For me it really just depends on if it looked like an accident. If there’s one guy in a wraith and everybody is going after him and I happen to get hit by someone’s grenade, I’m not gonna boot him. If a teammate just randomly kills me then I will boot him…IF I EVEN GET THE CHANCE. That’s another topic I don’t want to get in to lol. We all know that we get the chance to boot someone when it’s obviously an accident and we never get the chance when it isn’t.

True stuff. What’s with that system? It’s REALLY starting to make me wonder if it’s programmed that way on purpose.

If I myself am team killed I generally forgive and forget unless it’s someone with a obsession to team kill their entire team, then I fight fire with fire by running and dodging away from them and generally ruining their fun.

If I team kill myself it’s almost always an accident, and the only time it is intentional is with my friends and the team killing itself is done in good fun and humor.

Remember kids, once you pull the pin on Mr. Grenade he is no longer friends with ANYONE.

-Scuba

If I’m team-killed on purpose, I boot.

If I’m team-killed on accident, it depends. If it happened because they were trying to kill someone else and I got caught in a heated battle, then whatever.

If I’ve been shotgun camping a few doors for the last two minutes and my teammate rockets me as I go to shotgun the 12th sucker to charge me, I’ll boot. I don’t want idiots like that on my team.

Situations I boot

1. splattered by a team mate in a vehicle-- no boot
  2. Team killed for possesing a power weapon he/she wants-- boot
  3. A team killer tries to kill a friendly team mate, I interfer, annoy, he/she kills me-- boot followed by t-bag
  4. Stray grenade from team mate-- no boot
  5. Swat/Snipers accidental team kill by headshot-- no boot
  6. Situations where I know i was team killed on purpose-- boot

I only betray AFKers, and only in objective games where being down a man really can ruin your chances of winning.

I do have a funny story about an exception to that however. In a BTB CTF game on Hemmorage, I noticed this -Yoink- in a ghost kept trying to like gently push me into the ocean and otherwise splatter me ‘accidentally.’ Finally after taking his crap for half the match, I beat him to a footrace for a new Wraith, immediately turned and shot him in the face. He didn’t bother me anymore…

I boot people who betray me when it was clearly intentional but I find I do not get the option consistently enough. I’ve never been able to pick up stray ammo on infected; team killing as a human seems like a waste of ammo to me and it’s annoying. If I were given a chance to do so, I’d boot on infected- if anything i tend to get TK’ed as a zombie far more than as a human. And I’ve seen people tk in infection where 2-3 people are in a party and even though 2 are zombies & 1 is not, the 2 zombies were camped out somewhere and would TK any zombie that came by.

The worst part is when a party of 3-4 do this on BTB. I ran into some -Yoink- who decided to go after me for some reason and his party mates joined. 3 ended up betraying me and I booted them as a result. #4 got betrayed by me and he booted me of course. Oddly, the -Yoink!- didn’t finish the match either.

I always revenge betray if it was on purpose and get them to kill me so I can boot them. If they lets say have some friends or something and they all betray me I’ll do whatever annoying thing I can think of like standing infront of the wraith when they have it. I of course don’t boot for accidents though. Afkers I melee then walk away. When I’m AFk then return 2 mins later and it gives me option to boot I will.

there are always accidents and i usually give them the a life line,but i cant stand those people who would betray you for the sniper,so what i do is use all the ammo except one bullet then drop it for them and say there you go enjoy,but there was one time on ctf i was in the wraith when the warthog stayed behind me shooting me from behind it had driver gunner and passenger,so i wipped round as fast as i could and blasted them tripple betrayal,and yes i got booted but they deserved it,i think most people would of done the same?

When I’m not sure if it was intentional I send them a message asking them. If I know it was intentional I send them a message saying “bye bye” or some bad joke like “what’s the shape of Italy?” then boot them :smiley:

I think it shouldn’t be there in the first place.

Betray me once: You’re going straight to Italy. I don’t care if you don’t like it, if I have the Sniper first, then don’t kill me for it.

I pretty much ignore it as long as I can. What really annoys me is the gunner turret on the Wraith. It’s literally in the worst possible spot, and I seriously think a player getting out of the turret should have a temporary invincibility windows, because I’ve been kicked for betrayals that weren’t done on purpose. I mean, how am I supposed to know if you’re going to get out of the turret while I’m firing the Plasma Launcher?

But seriously, that needs to be taken care off…