Post your Blitz strategies here!

Hope you guys are enjoying the beta as much as I am! Haven’t seen a thread for strategies yet so I’ll start my own.

After playing a few rounds in a squad of three, we came across a team who absolutely controlled the game after we reached the halfway mark.
Our squad had been playing in a “typical” way, that is to say; We would start out by taking A and C, dodging early encounters and rotating between the points while farming the energy drops with weak units while saving for the more powerful cards. In this particular game, it started out fine and we soon had a substantial lead. From the start all three of their team captured A early, and sat there for a while, amassing cheap troops while attempting (and mostly succeeding) to steal “our” energy drops.

As my teammates and I swapped out cheaper, more plentiful units for the stronger, more singular units these guys took over. Moving their massive armies of marines/warthogs/grunts in between our base and our control points, they cut off our supply of energy, and our supply of full health non-fatigued units. It wasn’t long before they captured B and moved on to C, all while maintaining the armies outside our base. There was no chance for us, we were out of energy and troops, and the match ended.

So, we did what any intelligent field commanders would do… we “adopted” their technique. It works, very effectively.

TL;DR: The Blitz game mode embodies it’s name. Start quick, grab every energy drop, and build up large, cheap armies to smother your opponents off the map. Grab and hold A and farm those 2 energy drops in the corner, then start stealing every single energy drop possible.

I feel B and C are in a really good position to be defended on the area btw them. That area is great for Kodiak and it allows you to give bad time to enemy trying to get B.

Personally, I am a rush player, I love to take two rabbits to A and my Hornet to B. I play with Isabel. I just let my teammate to go to C. From that point over try my best protecting the area the enemy is going…When people leave one of their bases I go wth a rabbit as fast as I can. That creates a great momentum for the team to switch bases or try to hold on the bases as long as we can. So far, I have been getting straight wins over the last 10 games with my deck.

Have a good balance desk is freaking important… Those 20 marines, or 10 hellbringers are cheap but effective to create “mass” appearance against enemy. I cannot wait to get more cheap energy cards… They offer a great way to get small armies in seconds.

Since I’m terrible at the game here are things you should NOT do.

• Spam Kodiaks in the middle of a battle
  • Aim Archer missiles in the wrong direction
  • Destroy energy cores but not picking the drops
  • Think sniper camo is infinite
  • Use cyclops against air units
  • Think the Reaver is good for ground units
  • Wonder why the enemy isn’t taking damage, then realize it’s a teammate
  • Forget that swaping cards uses 5 energy
  • Contesting an area by spamming one at a time even though there’s a undefended control point

If I’m ever in your team I’m sorry.

> 2535442569875751;3:
> Since I’m terrible at the game here are things you should NOT do.
> - Spam Kodiaks in the middle of a battle
> - Aim Archer missiles in the wrong direction
> - Destroy energy cores but not picking the drops
> - Think sniper camo is infinite
> - Use cyclops against air units
> - Think the Reaver is good for ground units
> - Wonder why the enemy isn’t taking damage, then realize it’s a teammate
> - Forget that swaping cards uses 5 energy
> - Contesting an area by spamming one at a time even though there’s a undefended control point
>
> If I’m ever in your team I’m sorry.

Every one of those points are indeed things you should avoid xD

You’ll get better as you play, hope you’re enjoying it.

Amassing artillery and healing units along with cheap infantry and anti air to hold B and C works pretty well. Also, include at least one fast moving unit in your deck so they can harass the points if the enemy leaves them undefended.

Get a kodiak, set it up between 2 points most contested. Keep spawning new Kodiaks on top of it. Have stealth scouts way in front of your contested zones.

Have 4 + Artillery pieces showering steel rain on enemy pos before they even get to your lines. Have ODSTs drop on the enemy as they try to retreat.

> 2533274803137071;6:
> Get a kodiak, set it up between 2 points most contested. Keep spawning new Kodiaks on top of it. Have stealth scouts way in front of your contested zones.
>
> Have 4 + Artillery pieces showering steel rain on enemy pos before they even get to your lines. Have ODSTs drop on the enemy as they try to retreat.

That is the way… If I battle against someone doing this… I try my best to get close to those kodiaks and spawn Cyclops nearby them.

> 2553380145882876;7:
> > 2533274803137071;6:
> > Get a kodiak, set it up between 2 points most contested. Keep spawning new Kodiaks on top of it. Have stealth scouts way in front of your contested zones.
> >
> > Have 4 + Artillery pieces showering steel rain on enemy pos before they even get to your lines. Have ODSTs drop on the enemy as they try to retreat.
>
> That is the way… If I battle against someone doing this… I try my best to get close to those kodiaks and spawn Cyclops nearby them.

But I keep sentries, especially stealth detection units, near the entrances to my kodiaks. So a soon as I see any unit move to my arty. I fall back to my spawn and set up there. You can’t hurt me, but I can still hurt you.

> 2533274803137071;8:
> > 2553380145882876;7:
> > > 2533274803137071;6:
> > > Get a kodiak, set it up between 2 points most contested. Keep spawning new Kodiaks on top of it. Have stealth scouts way in front of your contested zones.
> > >
> > > Have 4 + Artillery pieces showering steel rain on enemy pos before they even get to your lines. Have ODSTs drop on the enemy as they try to retreat.
> >
> > That is the way… If I battle against someone doing this… I try my best to get close to those kodiaks and spawn Cyclops nearby them.
>
> But I keep sentries, especially stealth detection units, near the entrances to my kodiaks. So a soon as I see any unit move to my arty. I fall back to my spawn and set up there. You can’t hurt me, but I can still hurt you.

I feel that is the reason because the first seconds in the game are so important… take position and reinforce

By the way, there will be championships like Halo 5? Please, tell me there will be

> 2553380145882876;9:
> > 2533274803137071;8:
> > > 2553380145882876;7:
> > > > 2533274803137071;6:
> > > > Get a kodiak, set it up between 2 points most contested. Keep spawning new Kodiaks on top of it. Have stealth scouts way in front of your contested zones.
> > > >
> > > > Have 4 + Artillery pieces showering steel rain on enemy pos before they even get to your lines. Have ODSTs drop on the enemy as they try to retreat.
> > >
> > > That is the way… If I battle against someone doing this… I try my best to get close to those kodiaks and spawn Cyclops nearby them.
> >
> > But I keep sentries, especially stealth detection units, near the entrances to my kodiaks. So a soon as I see any unit move to my arty. I fall back to my spawn and set up there. You can’t hurt me, but I can still hurt you.
>
> I feel that is the reason because the first seconds in the game are so important… take position and reinforce
>
> By the way, there will be championships like Halo 5? Please, tell me there will be

Oh, the Kodiak strategy is a mid to late game strategy. Was able to knock about a scarab with it. And the splash damage killed plenty of the units under it. The Archer missle strike also did a lot, with the arty doing quick mop up

> 2533274803137071;10:
> > 2553380145882876;9:
> > > 2533274803137071;8:
> > > > 2553380145882876;7:
> > > > > 2533274803137071;6:
> > > > > Get a kodiak, set it up between 2 points most contested. Keep spawning new Kodiaks on top of it. Have stealth scouts way in front of your contested zones.
> > > > >
> > > > > Have 4 + Artillery pieces showering steel rain on enemy pos before they even get to your lines. Have ODSTs drop on the enemy as they try to retreat.
> > > >
> > > > That is the way… If I battle against someone doing this… I try my best to get close to those kodiaks and spawn Cyclops nearby them.
> > >
> > > But I keep sentries, especially stealth detection units, near the entrances to my kodiaks. So a soon as I see any unit move to my arty. I fall back to my spawn and set up there. You can’t hurt me, but I can still hurt you.
> >
> > I feel that is the reason because the first seconds in the game are so important… take position and reinforce
> >
> > By the way, there will be championships like Halo 5? Please, tell me there will be
>
> Oh, the Kodiak strategy is a mid to late game strategy. Was able to knock about a scarab with it. And the splash damage killed plenty of the units under it. The Archer missle strike also did a lot, with the arty doing quick mop up

I knock out scarabs just with mid big armies and using decoy-holo from Isabel LOL

> 2553380145882876;11:
> > 2533274803137071;10:
> > > 2553380145882876;9:
> > > > 2533274803137071;8:
> > > > > 2553380145882876;7:
> > > > > > 2533274803137071;6:
> > > > > > Get a kodiak, set it up between 2 points most contested. Keep spawning new Kodiaks on top of it. Have stealth scouts way in front of your contested zones.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Have 4 + Artillery pieces showering steel rain on enemy pos before they even get to your lines. Have ODSTs drop on the enemy as they try to retreat.
> > > > >
> > > > > That is the way… If I battle against someone doing this… I try my best to get close to those kodiaks and spawn Cyclops nearby them.
> > > >
> > > > But I keep sentries, especially stealth detection units, near the entrances to my kodiaks. So a soon as I see any unit move to my arty. I fall back to my spawn and set up there. You can’t hurt me, but I can still hurt you.
> > >
> > > I feel that is the reason because the first seconds in the game are so important… take position and reinforce
> > >
> > > By the way, there will be championships like Halo 5? Please, tell me there will be
> >
> > Oh, the Kodiak strategy is a mid to late game strategy. Was able to knock about a scarab with it. And the splash damage killed plenty of the units under it. The Archer missle strike also did a lot, with the arty doing quick mop up
>
> I knock out scarabs just with mid big armies and using decoy-holo from Isabel LOL

Trying to knock out the captain cutter weekly. Plus having ODSTs is dope

Man, I just saw a hero unit: Forge on an Warthog… WOOOW it is awesome!

It’s all about energy for me. 2 quick units stationed at energy core locations so that I can quickly grab them. Most of my matches I would end up with the highest energy tally. Therefore zone A is my go to. Though I might want to switch it up a bit after seeing how easy it was to control zones B and C with that space between them.

I’ve had the most success with Isabel, although I haven’t played all that much yet. I’m on Xbox One btw.

As people tend to group their units in a clump, especially with the less precise controls of a controller over K&M, I find area damage abilities to have been highly effective. And Isabel has three very good ones - Mac blast (better than Cutter’s Archer Missles because you only have to aim it once!), Ghost in the machine, and mines.

I use jackrabbits to run around the map gathering energy. I generally avoid major battles until I have enough resources to drop my AOE (mainly mac blasts) on concentrated forces. When I attack I try to lead with Alice supported by a good mix of cheap(20-60e) mobile units. Most of my fighting is done over energy. Winning by control points is a matter of who holds two until 200 points, not who holds 2 for the first half of the game.

Thing is, if you let an opponent sit on a control point without much fighting they just usually sit there and keep building it up and leave themselves without a proper reserve. The bigger an army is the harder it is to control and the more it will suffer from AOE attacks. I’ve found that Blitz is generally “won” mid-game. Especially with this strategy.

im gonna abuse arty in standard deathmatch lol