Post Game Carnage Stat: Damage Dealt

Does anyone agree that a “Damage Dealt” statistic would be great to see in the post game carnage report?
I am not sure if it is technically possible, but it would be interesting. You could see the highest damage dealers, despite the fact that they may have not got the most kills or played in a more supporting role. You could potentially work friendly fire in here as a negative damage dealt too to avoid giving glory to grenade spammers sacrificing their own team for a kill.
I think this is a great idea, but then I also like the sound of a -Yoink!- spree medal :smiley:

I thought this was already shown somewhere back in july, I may be wrong but I remember a thread about it.

I think it would be a nice addition.

> 2533274794210491;2:
> I thought this was already shown somewhere back in july, I may be wrong but I remember a thread about it.

I hope you are right, but I haven’t seen this. If you find it will you link it please?

I am pretty sure this is a Stat that was already added in. I remember reading about it or seeing g it on a video I can’t remember. If I find I shall link it up.

no i dont think this would work, the damage model in halo would probably be quite hard to numerate and be put into statistics, the only game i think this would work/works well in is battlefield and that is simply because the damage model is so simple at its core (not with the drop offs or headshot multipliers or -Yoink- but the actual damage) as it is a 100 health situation and your bullet will do a set amount of damage to that 100 according to that bullets own statistics (travel time, distance etc.) and therefore will be easy to record. they already give you your damage points for an assist so i guess it wouldn’t be hard to put into stats. I am pretty sure they have damage dealt stats anyway. I will check my bf3 service record later.

In summary i am a tired little man who has wrote a paragraph on how confused i am about battlefields damage system and thus i conclude it wouldn’t work in halo.

> 2533274908631210;4:
> > 2533274794210491;2:
> > I thought this was already shown somewhere back in july, I may be wrong but I remember a thread about it.
>
>
> I hope you are right, but I haven’t seen this. If you find it will you link it please?

I posted on the thread so I’ll search later for it when I have time.

Yea its in. Link scroll to 9/1

> 2533274927141670;6:
> no i dont think this would work, the damage model in halo would probably be quite hard to numerate and be put into statistics, the only game i think this would work/works well in is battlefield and that is simply because the damage model is so simple at its core (not with the drop offs or headshot multipliers or -Yoink- but the actual damage) as it is a 100 health situation and your bullet will do a set amount of damage to that 100 according to that bullets own statistics (travel time, distance etc.) and therefore will be easy to record. they already give you your damage points for an assist so i guess it wouldn’t be hard to put into stats. I am pretty sure they have damage dealt stats anyway. I will check my bf3 service record later.
>
> In summary i am a tired little man who has wrote a paragraph on how confused i am about battlefields damage system and thus i conclude it wouldn’t work in halo.

It may be hard for you to keep track of but its super simple for a computer to.

It’s a fine addition to the post stats already. I know I shall consistently have the top damage dealt when I play.

> 2533274826317859;8:
> Yea its in. Link scroll to 9/1

I guess I don’t have to look for it.

> 2533274794210491;11:
> > 2533274826317859;8:
> > Yea its in. Link scroll to 9/1
>
>
> I guess I don’t have to look for it.

Got you back man. :L

> 2533274826317859;12:
> > 2533274794210491;11:
> > > 2533274826317859;8:
> > > Yea its in. Link scroll to 9/1
> >
> >
> > I guess I don’t have to look for it.
>
>
> Got you back man. :L

Well thanks. :smiley:

They basically articulated this “damage dealt” during the beta with the KDA. Where it was a combination of kills and assists per death.

My kda during the beta was somewhere around 7.0 and my k/d was around 2.0. And I saw some other players out there with k/d of around 2.0 but with a noticeably lower kda. And others still with even higher kda then myself, but a lower k/d. Overall - I thought the kda did a nice job of showcasing a players efficiency at being a good team focused player.

A teams ability to cross fire, flank, and isolate 2v1s are hallmarks of Halo game play. I thought kda was a good basic stat to give a ballpark indicator of a player’s ability to do this.

I second that motion. The more statistics the better, I would imagine.

How did the kda even work in the beta? Mine was like 10.something and I was totally lost what it meant and no one else I asked knew

> 2533274927141670;6:
> no i dont think this would work, the damage model in halo would probably be quite hard to numerate and be put into statistics, the only game i think this would work/works well in is battlefield and that is simply because the damage model is so simple at its core (not with the drop offs or headshot multipliers or -Yoink- but the actual damage) as it is a 100 health situation and your bullet will do a set amount of damage to that 100 according to that bullets own statistics (travel time, distance etc.) and therefore will be easy to record. they already give you your damage points for an assist so i guess it wouldn’t be hard to put into stats. I am pretty sure they have damage dealt stats anyway. I will check my bf3 service record later.
>
> In summary i am a tired little man who has wrote a paragraph on how confused i am about battlefields damage system and thus i conclude it wouldn’t work in halo.

Um… your shield can take a certain amount of damage and your health as well. The values exist, you simply don’t see them. Each weapon does a specific amount of damage depending on where it hits (body or for bonus damage, head shot), bonuses it has against shields (plasma) or health, if its a projectile how close it hits the player and other factors like that. All of this can be collected and recorded as damage done in the end game carnage report. From the look of things, its already in game.

Also, not sure why it matters if damage done is from an assist or a kill. MOBAs include all damage done whether you get the kill or not, in fact that’s how you measure a certain group of characters roll effectively too I think.

> 2533274826317859;8:
> Yea its in. Link scroll to 9/1

Thank you, Ser! If we perchance meet on the field of battle I shall repay your kindness and forgo my customary -Yoink!-.

Yes they have it. Now we can see who was pulling their weight in regards to team shotting.

> 2533274927141670;6:
>

This is simple math and there’s no reason it couldn’t work in Halo. All damage you do and take is only numbers in the code and is just represented visually as shields and bullets etc. Every bullet you shoot have values of how much damage it does, how much speed it has, which shape it has etc Your shield is just a number.