(possibly) Origional Halo 5 UI sceenshot

Link to Screenshot

Link to early concept art of Gravity hammer and grifball

And to addtional Screenshots of UI design (Link provided by user “Naqser”) :
Halo 5 carnage & lobby UI design

• These were created by Jeff Christy
    UI Artist - 343 Industries

Also if you want to see more, check out Jeff’s portfolio under the link above (Carnage and Lobby)

What to you guys think of this UI design ?
Personally I think it looks waaay better than what we have.

[deleted]

Kind of looks like proposed art, not something that was ever part of the game. More like a pitch for what someone wanted to have it as.

> 2777219770231546;3:
> Kind of looks like proposed art, not something that was ever part of the game. More like a pitch for what someone wanted to have it as.

it supposedly was from the original story of H5, where Halsey is the villain instead of Cortana (at least at some lvl).

> 2777219770231546;3:
> Kind of looks like proposed art, not something that was ever part of the game. More like a pitch for what someone wanted to have it as.

Yeah, looks way more like an early build than DLC.

> 2777219770231546;3:

Pretty much this.

A lot of companies draft up concepts of things (menus included) before they’re implemented to give whoever is coding it in an idea of how it will function or look like. The descriptions, for example, are obviously placeholders.

I’d like to note the “find out the secret of Dr. Halsey that the UNSC is quickly discovering” it points to a VASTLY different story and supports all those conspiracy theory threads that have been popping up lately

> 2533274900367576;7:
> I’d like to note the “find out the secret of Dr. Halsey that the UNSC is quickly discovering” it points to a VASTLY different story and supports all those conspiracy theory threads that have been popping up lately

I know and I like to keep those theories close. Since it gives me hope on Halo 6’s story and that Microsoft might not rush our beloved franchise.

> 2535434626801252;2:
> it has the score and time limit lol free dlc = cut content that should of been there at the start

But it’s “free” why would you complain about “free”

That’s most likely concept UI, not a proper screen shot of something that was actually made.
I’ve seen quite a few different concepts for halo 5 UI that look way better organized, I mean, look at these here.

Please tell me those are fan work so that it actually wasn’t thrown away for what we got…

> 2533274843127097;8:
> > 2533274900367576;7:
> > I’d like to note the “find out the secret of Dr. Halsey that the UNSC is quickly discovering” it points to a VASTLY different story and supports all those conspiracy theory threads that have been popping up lately
>
>
> I know and I like to keep those theories close. Since it gives me hope on Halo 6’s story and that Microsoft might not rush our beloved franchise.

It’s still built on a shaky foundation.

> 2533274795123910;10:
> That’s most likely concept UI, not a proper screen shot of something that was actually made.
> I’ve seen quite a few different concepts for halo 5 UI that look way better organized, I mean, look at these here.
>
> Please tell me those are fan work so that it actually wasn’t thrown away for what we got…
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274843127097;8:
> > > 2533274900367576;7:
> > > I’d like to note the “find out the secret of Dr. Halsey that the UNSC is quickly discovering” it points to a VASTLY different story and supports all those conspiracy theory threads that have been popping up lately
> >
> >
> > I know and I like to keep those theories close. Since it gives me hope on Halo 6’s story and that Microsoft might not rush our beloved franchise.
>
>
> It’s still built on a shaky foundation.

I don’t know what it is but I love that dirty grimey neon look

Most likely to be true, as it was made by (and I did my research) Ramiro Galan, former UI designer for Halo 5: Guardians, and 343 Industries. I can see why most of it was cut from the (well maybe) original concept of the lobbies and Spartan Hub, probably because it was way to difficult to add all of that stuff, and also keeping the UI simplistic and user-friendly. But also it seems like to a certain extent we are somewhat lucky this design didn’t get chosen. For all we know, these screenshots aren’t even correct. Because in this possibly original concept of the Campaign lobby, the campaign is apparently located in the Spartan hub.

> 2533274795123910;10:
> That’s most likely concept UI, not a proper screen shot of something that was actually made.
> I’ve seen quite a few different concepts for halo 5 UI that look way better organized, I mean, look at these here.
>
> Please tell me those are fan work so that it actually wasn’t thrown away for what we got…
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274843127097;8:
> > > 2533274900367576;7:
> > > I’d like to note the “find out the secret of Dr. Halsey that the UNSC is quickly discovering” it points to a VASTLY different story and supports all those conspiracy theory threads that have been popping up lately
> >
> >
> > I know and I like to keep those theories close. Since it gives me hope on Halo 6’s story and that Microsoft might not rush our beloved franchise.
>
>
> It’s still built on a shaky foundation.

Dude to be honest The link you provided are BY FAR a better UI design that what we have !
So much more interesting to look at and those Req packs are Really interesting !

Looks alright. I don’t mind the current UI.

> 2535414140380568;14:
> Looks alright. I don’t mind the current UI.

The current UI is fine too, however it is glitchy sometimes and unorganized, non the less.
Personally I feel like the UI in the provided Links have more **Soul.**It gives dept to the game on an odd lvl.

I acutally dig the Old UI, dont mind the new one but meh, it lacks something…something i cant name … eh :T

> 2533274900367576;7:
> I’d like to note the “find out the secret of Dr. Halsey that the UNSC is quickly discovering” it points to a VASTLY different story and supports all those conspiracy theory threads that have been popping up lately

That’s exactly what I was going to point out as well. That one line coincides directly with the leaks from that ex-343i employee.

I think we should probably apologize to Brian Reed and 343 for putting this terrible story on them.

Still waiting for any actaul dlc. Halo 5 is like a beta still upgrading its content which still isn’t what you would expect from a halo game on release. I wish I was smart enough to have returned my Xbox one with halo 5 when I had the chance I could of got a ps4 with 4 new games as an exchange.

Also anoyed Microsoft advertised No Mans Sky to be on the Xbox one ages ago. If I knew then that it was cancled for Xbox one I would of defiantly picked No Mans Sky over Halo 5.

So much better than what we actually got, I hope 343 build upon theses concepts for future titles. They obviously have the talent to make something good so why don’t they.

> 2533274808386392;17:
> > 2533274900367576;7:
> > I’d like to note the “find out the secret of Dr. Halsey that the UNSC is quickly discovering” it points to a VASTLY different story and supports all those conspiracy theory threads that have been popping up lately
>
>
> That’s exactly what I was going to point out as well. That one line coincides directly with the leaks from that ex-343i employee.
>
> I think we should probably apologize to Brian Reed and 343 for putting this terrible story on them.

I think that leak was fake. He talks about master chief blowing up halo rings as the original story.