Possibly no Halo at E3.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-boss-promises-new-ip-and-sequel-announcements-at-e3/1100-6419419/ says here “Spencer is not allowed to talk about anything related to what Halo studio 343 Industries is working on.”

So unless 343i are getting their own time-slot instead of Microsoft’s then it’s unlikely that we’ll see anything related to Halo titles on the Xbox One anytime soon at the E3 event. Unless someone like BS Angel or Frank is releasing the info.
(So that could mean no Halo 2A or Halo 5 since both would be controlled by 343i)

So makes me wonder if there going to do an 343i show-case after Microsoft’s conference since Halo is one of the main reasons to even get an X1.

Inconceivable!

They have to be telling us something!

> Inconceivable!
>
> They have to be telling us something!

I agree since it’s the main reason to even go for the X1, it’s partly why I put off buying the X1 until it’s release.

They are going to be showing something at E3. If they don’t it would such an idiotic bonehead move, as last year we got a trailer for God knows what, and one piece of art. They ARE having Halo news, hopefully big news.

I bet it will be a big reveal. Don’t know by who… or how…

Worst case scenario give us a title. Videos, teaser art and information about the game has never been a major appeal to me (don’t get me wrong, it’s nice, but I’ll live).

Knowing what game (H2A? H5? Wars 2?) and release date (assuming Nov) is all that I NEED to hear at E3.

If they literally do nothing at E3, I think I’ll literally die (wait, maybe that’s a bit far… maybe…).

> http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-boss-promises-new-ip-and-sequel-announcements-at-e3/1100-6419419/ says here “Spencer is not allowed to talk about anything related to what Halo studio 343 Industries is working on.”
>
> So unless 343i are getting their own time-slot instead of Microsoft’s then it’s unlikely that we’ll see anything related to Halo titles on the Xbox One anytime soon at the E3 event. Unless someone like BS Angel or Frank is releasing the info.
> (So that could mean no Halo 2A or Halo 5 since both would be controlled by 343i)
>
> So makes me wonder if there going to do an 343i show-case after Microsoft’s conference since Halo is one of the main reasons to even get an X1.

Spencer isn’t allowed to say it, but an employee from 343 involved in MS’ presentation would be. Choice of words is key here.

> > http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-boss-promises-new-ip-and-sequel-announcements-at-e3/1100-6419419/ says here “Spencer is not allowed to talk about anything related to what Halo studio 343 Industries is working on.”
> >
> > So unless 343i are getting their own time-slot instead of Microsoft’s then it’s unlikely that we’ll see anything related to Halo titles on the Xbox One anytime soon at the E3 event. Unless someone like BS Angel or Frank is releasing the info.
> > (So that could mean no Halo 2A or Halo 5 since both would be controlled by 343i)
> >
> > So makes me wonder if there going to do an 343i show-case after Microsoft’s conference since Halo is one of the main reasons to even get an X1.
>
> Spencer isn’t allowed to say it, but an employee from 343 involved in MS’ presentation would be. Choice of words is key here.

Well I did say that it could lead to BS Angel or Frank saying something.

They are probably apprehensive because they don’t know how to reveal a game with such a split community.
They are probably unsure as to which direction to take the game in.
They’re probably scared… understandably so.

If we don’t get anything at E3 there’s still the possibility of hearing something at RTX the next month. We know something is coming to X1 this year, so it’s a safe bet we’ll hear from 343.

I’d still be surprised if they didn’t show anything about Halo 5.

I think it’s safe to assume that Bonnie Ross, as she did at E3 last year, will make any Halo-related announcements.

Don’t worry, we’ll see something Halo related, that’s for certain. Phil Spencer says so. So do not worry.

I can almost guarantee that halo will be at E3

theyll just have someone from 343 come out and talk about it …like normal

…smh

> Don’t worry, we’ll see something Halo related, that’s for certain. Phil Spencer says so. So do not worry.

Except that was way back in February. The recent post was from recently from his twitter saying he can’t say anything. This could either mean it’s been delayed until an unknown time or maybe BS Angel will be the one to talk to.

It could be some sort of ruse to keep people from expecting too much, that way they can have the increased shock and awe factor that’s desired.

The article seemed to state that Spencer isn’t allowed to talk about Halo during May (when lots of news is being released), NOT at E3.

Either way, 343i themselves have been at all E3’s during release cycles.

Speculation such as the above is only natural, and until we hear/see something very, very specific, it will continue until E3 wraps up.

It would be wholly unconscionable if there were no Halo at E3.

> The article seemed to state that Spencer isn’t allowed to talk about Halo during May (when lots of news is being released), NOT at E3.
>
> Either way, 343i themselves have been at all E3’s during release cycles.

That’s usually with the head of Microsoft showing off the Halo stuff first.

i could be wrong but i do believe spencer confirmed in a tweet awhile ago 343 had big plans for e3.

As Andy said, he just can’t talk about it now, only a month away from E3. It would be spoiling the surprise and excitement.

After all, an E3 without Halo is like a world without sunshine!