Possibly a better chance for H4 now.

Just watched the CoD BO2 trailer. It was pretty cool but from what I can tell treyarch is changing CoD, and what kept the fans coming back? Nothing changing. Think of it as CoDs reach. MW3 was a real let down. Now from what I’ve seen on twitter people are already hating on Blops2. Keep in mind before you [post I am not comparing H4 to Blops I am simply stating that CoD is Halos biggest competitor. H4 could possibly outsell CoD this time around. I doubt it, but there is still hope.

CLICK FOR TRAILER

What black ops 2 trailer?

I can’t find it either.

Right here bro.

That looks soooo sweet

Once they get a look at multiplayer, I think CoD fans will change their tunes. That is CoD’s bread and butter after all, all we’ve seen is the campaign footage.

Wow… Looks ridiculous (in a bad way, not the cool slang version.)

They really are getting desperate, aren’t they?

All they have to do now is put it in third person and bam! - Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Black Ops 2 looks more like a Terminator movie.

Or at least everything I have heard about the plot suggests that…

i know cod goes for the 60fps and all , but its really starting to show graphicly. I dont think anyone can complain about h4 graphics now safe to say, it wins in that area for now.

Does look very very much like battlefield 2142 though, which i duno if thats a good thing.

They got Recon drones from Future Soldier plus the air combat from Ace Combat and BF3. Now they’re trying to make it look futuristic?? Halo surpassed that one. They’re trying to be futuristic so beat Halo…not working at all. Even Ghost Recon has a chance.

Perhaps.

Call of Duty has been over saturating the market for a long time now with yearly sequels. The Master Chief’s story has been gone for 5 years, and Halo 4 is no longer just a “spin-off” as ODST and Reach were, it’s the literal return of the Chief. Perhaps this is the time for Halo’s comeback? We shall see.

The way I see it a lot of people play COD because of the so called realalistic modern warfare .Once it is in the future it losses that so called realistic feel is fanbase loves . Personaly if I want to play a futuristic game I will play Halo .

> Black Ops 2 looks more like a Terminator movie.
>
> Or at least everything I have heard about the plot suggests that…

Looks more like they’re trying to outbeat Ghost Recon, or be Ghost Recon.

> Perhaps.
>
> Call of Duty has been over saturating the market for a long time now with yearly sequels. The Master Chief’s story has been gone for 5 years, and Halo 4 is no longer just a “spin-off” as ODST and Reach were, it’s the literal return of the Chief. Perhaps this is the time for Halo’s comeback? We shall see.

In my mind it’s more like We shall know. I’ve noticed that ever since MW3 came out the amount of players actually liking it has decreased by a lot, and this isn’t going to help it. Even the majority of my friends have been saying CoD is boring now and they are actually coming back to Halo. So personally I think Halo 4 is going to be the next big thing, but hell what do I know? I’m just a Halo fanboy :smiley:

> > Perhaps.
> >
> > Call of Duty has been over saturating the market for a long time now with yearly sequels. The Master Chief’s story has been gone for 5 years, and Halo 4 is no longer just a “spin-off” as ODST and Reach were, it’s the literal return of the Chief. Perhaps this is the time for Halo’s comeback? We shall see.
>
> In my mind it’s more like We shall know. I’ve noticed that ever since MW3 came out the amount of players actually liking it has decreased by a lot, and this isn’t going to help it. Even the majority of my friends have been saying CoD is boring now and they are actually coming back to Halo. So personally I think Halo 4 is going to be the next big thing, but hell what do I know? I’m just a Halo fanboy :smiley:

Same.

Reach disappointed a lot of my friends and myself as well. A lot of them gave up and went to CoD and Battlefield 3 (I actually dabble in this a lot). Now that 343i has taken the reigns, TU’d Reach, and Halo 4 has come out, it’s all up in the air. One of my best friends actually told me “CoD sucks now” after sometime with MW3, and he’s one of the biggest fans I know. We’re both skeptical about Halo 4, him more so. However, he’s willing to give it a chance, we all are. We didn’t want to run away from Halo, we wanted to love Reach, but we just couldn’t do it. With halo 4, the fanboys inside of us may be rekindled. Maybe.

Also, after reading those YouTube comments, CoD isn’t dead, not yet. But has it been weakened? Yes, yes it has.

Yeh i think its time for halo to come back again. As somone else said this is the return of the chief, and so the continuation of the main halo story, somthing we havent got for a long time. Halo odst and reach were basicly spins offs and never drew as much attention towards them as there is no master chief linked to it.

I do hope as a halo fan that halo will come back to be “the big game” again like it was back in halo 2. I gues it doesnt really matter as long as i enjoy halo 4.

Also a quick note on cod. i do find it strange there going to the future. I always thought that one of the main draws of cod games was realistic weapons and gadgets the army and special forces use today.
So kids play and get to try and replicate whats out there in todays militry. Going to the future this wont be so and it takes away some of that, i duno if that will be recived well by many fans of the series so far. Also if your going to pull ur target buyers into a futuristic game then your going to also make them look around for other futuristic games if they enjoy cod , and they may just turn to halo 4 as its out a week before the new cod game.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Reveal trailer - 1,763 Dislikes and 2,642 likes - That is damn sad for Treyarch.

> Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Reveal trailer - 1,763 Dislikes and 2,642 likes - That is damn sad for Treyarch.

Where do you see that? The official trailer has 18,326 likes and 2,318 dislikes. This just further proves that treyarch has been doing the right thing by keeping the gameplay the same but adding new maps/weapons and making slight improvements, unlike Bungie/343i.

lol all cod has done is tweaks here and there, new story. thats it , i mean you could prity much just call this a big dlc. I mean isnt that what cod elite is for really? if they dont update the graphics engine and core gameplay then thats all it really is, dlc for full price.

I for one am glad halo 4 is going somwhere new. I have played halo 1-3 to reach for 10 years now it was great but i dont want to be playing the same kinda thing over and over for another 5-10 years. Im glad h4 is at lesat pushing for enough new things to make it feel like a new game thats worth my money and not feel like dlc.