possible things the redacted weapon could be.

In the newest community update 343 teases a new weapon. Here’s what they say about it:

“The [REDACTED] is by far my favorite weapon in this next update. The Ultra Rare variant is crazy good at taking down Wasps, Banshees and Phaetons. It feels so badass hauling around a [REDACTED] on the battlefield

While I am not sure what this is, I am sure what it isn’t. Bravo has confirmed on this twitter that this will not be the plasma launcher that snuck its way into warzone firefight last update. This being said, what could it be? Here are what I think could be the possibilities:

.Rocket pod from halo 3: This seems like the most obvious possibility to me. The quote mentions “Hauling” the weapon around and shooting down wasps and banshees. However, it mentions that ultra rare variant doing that, even though the regular one is already a ground to air weapon, so maybe not.

.Brute shot: Maybe this is wishful thinking, but maybe this new weapon could be the brute shot. This would still technically fit the hauling description and could have an ultra rare variant that could have ground to air functionality.

.Grenade launcher: Assuming that plasma launcher is added in this update, it would make sense to add a unsc counterpart from the game it came from. The grenade launcher would be a weapon that it would make sense to hype up and could have an anti air ultra rare variant.

what do you think?

An upgraded Splinter Turret - like the ones that constantly cross-map me in Firefight?

a sentinel laser would be pretty good at taking down flying vehicles, but i doubt that would fit into the “haul” category.

i also think if we got a version of the machine gun that hunters use, that would be interesting. i doubt that will ever happen though.

maybe we’ll get a version of the giant needle cannon that the grunt mech uses! we all know how awesome that thing is at taking out flying vehicles.

> 2533274925633740;1:
> IN the newest community update 343 teases a new weapon. Here’s what they say about it:
>
> “The [REDACTED] is by far my favorite weapon in this next update. The Ultra Rare variant is crazy good at taking down Wasps, Banshees and Phaetons. It feels so badass hauling around a [REDACTED] on the battlefield
>
> While I am not sure what this is, I am sure what it isn’t. Bravo has confirmed on this twitter that this will not be the plasma launcher that snuck its way into warzone firefight last update. This being said, what could it be? Here are what I think could be the possibilities:
>
> .Rocket pod from halo 3: This seems like the most obvious possibility to me. The quote mentions “Hauling” the weapon around and shooting down wasps and banshees. However, it mentions that ultra rare variant doing that, even though the regular one is already a ground to air weapon, so maybe not.
>
> .Brute shot: Maybe this is wishful thinking, but maybe this new weapon could be the brute shot. This would still technically fit the hauling description and could have an ultra rare variant that could have ground to air functionality.
>
> .Grenade launcher: Assuming that plasma launcher is added in this update, it would make sense to add a unsc counterpart from the game it came from. The grenade launcher would be a weapon that it would make sense to hype up and could have an anti air ultra rare variant.
>
> what do you think?

As much as I’d love to get my brute shot back I can’t really see any variant of it being used to take out banshees without some big changes.

The grenade launcher or Plasma Launcher seem the most likely since the latter has already been ‘seen’ in WZFF.

I’m hoping for the Grenade Launcher, with the ultra rare variant having some sort of proximity air burst feature for taking out flying vehicles.

I personally think it is the plasma launcher. We already saw models of it in FireFight, so you know it is definitely coming to Halo 5 at some point.

Besides, the plasma launcher locks onto vehicles, so it makes sense it would be a nightmare for air and ground vehicles.

> 2533274852660538;6:
> I personally think it is the plasma launcher. We already saw models of it in FireFight, so you know it is definitely coming to Halo 5 at some point.
>
> Besides, the plasma launcher locks onto vehicles, so it makes sense it would be a nightmare for air and ground vehicles.

Probably this.

But I like the ideas you came up with (Rocket Pod and Brute Shot). Those would be a blast to use again (although the Rocket Pod could use some faster projectiles compared to the Halo 3 pod).
Maybe another update another time?

Probably the Plasma Launcher I saw one that I couldn’t pick up in the game.

Though it might just have been a coincidence, I’m intrigued that Grim mentioned a Sentinel Beam in the Community Update, and I think he could have been hinting at what the redacted is.

I’ve rewrote the relevant paragraphs with the Sentinel Beam in the place of [redacted].

“The Sentinel Beam is by far my favorite weapon in this next update. The ultra rare variant is crazy good at taking to down Wasps, Banshees and phaetons. It feels so badass hauling round a Sentinel Beam around the battlefield”.

Granted, the last sentence does sound strange. :relaxed:

HUNTER’S ARM FUEL ROD CANNON PLEASE.

Wanted to do that since CE

Hearing that it isn’t the plasma launcher I really wanted it to be the pro pipe (grenade launcher) but that last sentence makes me think it’s the missile pod, which is still pretty badass to have back :slight_smile:

> 2533274880633045;4:
> > 2533274925633740;1:
> > IN the newest community update 343 teases a new weapon. Here’s what they say about it:
> >
> > “The [REDACTED] is by far my favorite weapon in this next update. The Ultra Rare variant is crazy good at taking down Wasps, Banshees and Phaetons. It feels so badass hauling around a [REDACTED] on the battlefield
> >
> > While I am not sure what this is, I am sure what it isn’t. Bravo has confirmed on this twitter that this will not be the plasma launcher that snuck its way into warzone firefight last update. This being said, what could it be? Here are what I think could be the possibilities:
> >
> > .Rocket pod from halo 3: This seems like the most obvious possibility to me. The quote mentions “Hauling” the weapon around and shooting down wasps and banshees. However, it mentions that ultra rare variant doing that, even though the regular one is already a ground to air weapon, so maybe not.
> >
> > .Brute shot: Maybe this is wishful thinking, but maybe this new weapon could be the brute shot. This would still technically fit the hauling description and could have an ultra rare variant that could have ground to air functionality.
> >
> > .Grenade launcher: Assuming that plasma launcher is added in this update, it would make sense to add a unsc counterpart from the game it came from. The grenade launcher would be a weapon that it would make sense to hype up and could have an anti air ultra rare variant.
> >
> > what do you think?
>
>
> As much as I’d love to get my brute shot back I can’t really see any variant of it being used to take out banshees without some big changes.
>
> The grenade launcher or Plasma Launcher seem the most likely since the latter has already been ‘seen’ in WZFF.

Yeah, but bravo confirmed on his twitter this new item is not the plasma launcher.

> 2533274852660538;6:
> I personally think it is the plasma launcher. We already saw models of it in FireFight, so you know it is definitely coming to Halo 5 at some point.
>
> Besides, the plasma launcher locks onto vehicles, so it makes sense it would be a nightmare for air and ground vehicles.

Yeah, but bravo confirmed that this new item was not the plasma launcher on this twitter

> 2533274925633740;12:
> > 2533274880633045;4:
> > > 2533274925633740;1:
> > > IN the newest community update 343 teases a new weapon. Here’s what they say about it:
> > >
> > > “The [REDACTED] is by far my favorite weapon in this next update. The Ultra Rare variant is crazy good at taking down Wasps, Banshees and Phaetons. It feels so badass hauling around a [REDACTED] on the battlefield
> > >
> > > While I am not sure what this is, I am sure what it isn’t. Bravo has confirmed on this twitter that this will not be the plasma launcher that snuck its way into warzone firefight last update. This being said, what could it be? Here are what I think could be the possibilities:
> > >
> > > .Rocket pod from halo 3: This seems like the most obvious possibility to me. The quote mentions “Hauling” the weapon around and shooting down wasps and banshees. However, it mentions that ultra rare variant doing that, even though the regular one is already a ground to air weapon, so maybe not.
> > >
> > > .Brute shot: Maybe this is wishful thinking, but maybe this new weapon could be the brute shot. This would still technically fit the hauling description and could have an ultra rare variant that could have ground to air functionality.
> > >
> > > .Grenade launcher: Assuming that plasma launcher is added in this update, it would make sense to add a unsc counterpart from the game it came from. The grenade launcher would be a weapon that it would make sense to hype up and could have an anti air ultra rare variant.
> > >
> > > what do you think?
> >
> >
> > As much as I’d love to get my brute shot back I can’t really see any variant of it being used to take out banshees without some big changes.
> >
> > The grenade launcher or Plasma Launcher seem the most likely since the latter has already been ‘seen’ in WZFF.
>
>
> Yeah, but bravo confirmed on his twitter this new item is not the plasma launcher.

wasn’t aware of that.

some kind of turret. i guess needler turret.

> 2533274813317074;11:
> Hearing that it isn’t the plasma launcher I really wanted it to be the pro pipe (grenade launcher) but that last sentence makes me think it’s the missile pod, which is still pretty badass to have back :slight_smile:

It would be cool to get the missile pod back, but the part of the quote in the update that mentions that it is specifically the ultra rare variant that is good for shooting down aerial vehicles makes me think that this is a grenade launcher if not something else.

> 2533274875982754;15:
> some kind of turret. i guess needler turret.

that would be interesting

hmm… It couldn’t be a rocket pod, we already have a rocket turret. It couldn’t be the brute shot due to it’s lack of accuracy and ineffectiveness vs Air targets. So I have to go with the grenade launcher because it is known for not only EMPing banshees but also killing them

Halo 3 missile pod, Halo Reach plasma launcher or a re-skin of a weapon already in the game…

OR

Halo Reach grenade launcher (EMP effect).

> 2533274802185874;10:
> HUNTER’S ARM FUEL ROD CANNON PLEASE.
>
> Wanted to do that since CE

Called it