Possible Spoilers - Story/ Lore Questions....

So, I’ve played every Halo game thus far, and for the most part have understood it all, but there are some things about Halo 4 that I don’t understand at all. Therefore, I have some questions. Anyone who may know these answers from the books or anything, please help me out, because I’m confused beyond belief. Here are my questions.

1. Why are the Covenant enemies again? At the end of Halo 3, they were basically done for…at the beginning of Halo 4, Cortana says something like “a lot can change in four years,” but I don’t understand what that is supposed to mean. I know they are fanatical over the Forerunners, but why have they all of the sudden turned against the humans again over this Requiem planet?

2. Where are the Arbiter and Half-Jaw, and their Covenant forces? They were your allies during Halo 2 and 3, so where are they at now, still fighting as heretics against the other side of the Covenant? I heard the Arbiter will make a cameo in Spartan Ops, but still. The Arbiter was my main man…loved fighting with him.

3. Where are the Brutes? In the intro cutscene, Master Chief is seen fighting a Brute, but they are not present in the game. Are they no longer a part of the Covenant?

4. Stupid question, but I’d still like to have an answer. How come the covenant doesn’t speak English anymore? They sound cooler without English, but I’d still like to know why they’ve returned to their “Halo 1” lingo. “Wort Wort Wort”

1. These Covenant are a splinter group from the the Sangheili race called the Storm. After the Human-Covenant war, the elites divided into two main sides, the Arbiter’s human-friendly main group, and the anti-human religious zealots who still believe that the forerunners were gods as the prophets had said. In Halo 4, these are the anti-human ones.

2. In the recent book by Karen Traviss, “The Thursday War” a good deal of the story follows the eventual leader of the Storm, Jul 'Mdama. He was a prisoner on another shield world that the humans had control over, and found coordinates to Requiem and also escaped from the humans via use of a portal he forced an engineer to let him use. At the planet he teleported to, there was a large Elite population, and since he had all this forerunner knowledge, they became his army. That is the Storm. They went to Requiem and so the Arbiter and his troop are back in the regular galaxy presumably. Just not involved.

3. Brutes are no longer a part of the Covenant. The covenant itself is disbanded.They’re still in the galaxy, but they are their own group now. Master Chief is seen fighting a brute because it’s emphasizing the physical prowess of the spartans.

4. Like in Halo Reach, they wanted the elites to seem more “alien”.

I only have question:
How did chief survive the nuke? I don’t think it was a box of hardlight, because there would have been no projector for cortana to control it from, nor an installation for her to exist in.

> I only have question:
> How did chief survive the nuke? I don’t think it was a box of hardlight, because there would have been no projector for cortana to control it from, nor an installation for her to exist in.

From theories I’ve seen. That may be the point and a clue to her survival

Survival or not, how did she keep the what I’m assuming is a cube of hardlight up? Remotely? From where?